You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When is the "more to come" coming?

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

1) Been a week and a bit more since the new main events were announced, and we were promised that there's more to come.....

I kinda thought the other changes would be announced at least within a week of the initial announcement........

Is there a rough time scale when we should expect these changes to come in?

Thinking specifically about the changes to the afternoon/early evening tourny schedule (if there are any, although again I fear this might have been overlooked), and a substitute "main event" type tourny for a smaller buy in?..........

**Edit - I see tonights ME is now 8k gtd? - It wasn't that big last week was it? If it has been moved up, that's great work by sky. Great to see them responding so quickly, maybe the penny has finally dropped !! :) -17k gtd primo next week? - EASY GAME SUITS!!

2) Also, Can anyone define a "downswing" for me? When does a series of losing sessions officially become a downswing?(Maybe I shud start a seperate thread for this, see how it goes.

Thanx

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Here it is

C'mere, there's more
  • edited November 2010

Another bump - sky people? any info for moi.

On the grind today so a £250 gtd tourny at 5pm today wud be nice ;) ty xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • edited November 2010
    all those kisses just to suck up.

Although yea a £250gtd at 5PM sounds a good bet JJ/
  • edited November 2010
    I've forwarded this over to the rest of the team for you Dohhhh.

cheers
  • edited November 2010

Hi Dohhh.

The new Tourney Schedule will be introduced gradually, rather than in one go, a sort of "soft launch". 

The next Phase of Tourney Schedule changes will be introduced, I believe, this Friday, with another small batch of new Tourneys.

Further "batches" of changes will continue to be introduced over the following weeks.

In reality, the Tourney Schedule as a whole is a moving feast, & changes will continue, at all times, to be made whenever demand or lack of demand suggests it would be sensible so to do. 

In the various Meetings, your (& others) Comments as to, say, more "standard" £5.50 & £11 NLH Tourneys have been noted by the Suits, & I understand these will be introduced as part of the Tourney Schedule Roll-Out.

What you will see, of course, is negative noise from the Usual Suspects as to ANY changes, which is par for the course these days I'm afraid. My advice to all would be to see ALL the changes before making your minds up. They have tried to find a good blend, but pleasing everyone is a tall order.

What has been apparent, as was noted in today's Management Meeting, has been the positive acceptance of the new Main Event schedule. All the revised (increased) Guarantees were comfortably exceeded, despite the increased Buy-Ins, & this was, it was hoped, partly because the Structures of most of them have been significantly improved. If the trend continues, I expect some of the Guarantees to go up again quite soon.

Rebuys were also discussed. These continue to perform above expectation, which is a good thing for those who like a little variety, as it's clear many do. But Freezeouts will continue to form the largest part of the Schedule. Something for everyone is the idea. 
  • edited November 2010

Hey Rich, been a week since you sent this off to the big decision people, any news ?