You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Slow down the speed the community cards are dealt when there's an all-in and call

edited November 2010 in Community Suggestions

+1 EXELLENT SUGGESTION

Comments

• edited November 2010
    On Ch 865 when a hand is being shown and an all-in gets called the community cards are shown being dealt fairly slowly, this adds to the excitement and lets the presenter and analyst say which cards the players involved need to hit or miss.

The actual speed they're dealt on the live tables though is way faster, all 5 community cards come flying down so quickly that quite often you haven't time to to work out where each player stands with each card. If this speed could be eased off just a little it would make these crucial pots more exciting for those at the table while having a negligable effect on the number of hands played per hour.
  • edited November 2010
    I posted on this matter months ago Gary ,i feel the same as you these cards come down so quick at times it is hard to work out who has got what .
    It cant be that hard for Sky to slow down these cards and as you say it is not going to make a lot of difference to the amount of hands that are played.
  • edited November 2010
    Does sound good that. Means losing your dosh is slower too and winning can be savoured for longer!
  • edited November 2010
    if only carlsberg made ideas........+1
  • edited November 2010
    I`m probably wrong, but I always thought the presenters decided how quick/slow the community cards appeared, a bit like weather forecast ppl with that little button thing.  Same with time banks, Ive seen some of my hands on tv where im sure ive instafolded kk to a 3bet, yet on tv it seemed like i tanked before folding.

Also, Sky wouldnt do it as it costs money, a couple seconds on every hand soon adds up to lost revenue
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Slow down the speed the community cards are dealt when there's an all-in and call:
    I`m probably wrong, but I always thought the presenters decided how quick/slow the community cards appeared, a bit like weather forecast ppl with that little button thing.  Same with time banks, Ive seen some of my hands on tv where im sure ive instafolded kk to a 3bet, yet on tv it seemed like i tanked before folding. Also, Sky wouldnt do it as it costs money, a couple seconds on every hand soon adds up to lost revenue
    Posted by OMahonyO
    It wouldn't add a couple of seconds to every hand, only those where there's an all-in and call pre-flop, and even then only a slight adjustment is needed, one second should be enough. I'm not saying it needs to be in slow motion. The vast majority of hands wouldn't be affected. Nobody would notice the difference, one second every few minutes is nothing.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Gary i have posted on this subject on the suggestions will be answered thread , and the answer i got was that players didnt want this idea in fact they had asked for it to be speeded up .
              I have asked Sky Jordan to direct me to where these posts are as i have never seen a post on here asking for this . I await a reply on this matter as i for one think as you do that the actual time it would take to slow down these cards would not effect the game in anyway,if or when i get a reply i will let you know .
                                            Kind Regards   Mick .

• edited November 2010
    Thanks Mick. On the bigger/busier poker sites (PS, FT and PP for example) the community cards are dealt more slowly than here on Sky, so I think we can quite easily see for ourselves what the vast majority of players really prefer.