You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

whats goin on here then?? lol

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
desmo63 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £0.27
7fletcher7 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £0.57
carl16920 Sit out     
  Your hole cards

changling Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.75
BURNShurtz Raise  £0.20 £0.30 £1.52
bonesy Fold     
chippan Fold     
ch3w1tt29 Fold     
desmo63 All-in  £0.27 £0.57 £0.00
7fletcher7 Raise  £0.41 £0.98 £0.16
changling Call  £0.41 £1.39 £4.34
BURNShurtz All-in  £1.52 £2.91 £0.00
7fletcher7 All-in  £0.16 £3.07 £0.00
changling Call  £1.27 £4.34 £3.07
desmo63 Show
  • A

7fletcher7 Show

changling Show
  • K

BURNShurtz Show

Flop

Turn

River

desmo63 Win Straight to the 5 £1.08  £1.08
changling Win Three 4s £2.94

Comments

• edited November 2010
    your playing on 4p 2p tables

• edited November 2010
    2p 4p poeple will not fold simples.
  • edited November 2010
    wow as above, u will win more then loose against these players trust me dont get down any bad beat
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol:
    wow as above, u will win more then loose against these players trust me dont get down any bad beat
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    im not down, just funny.thought there might have been aleast 1 pair out there. JEEEEEEEEEPERS
  • edited November 2010
    This is pretty standard on this level. Personally I don't like to go all-in pre because you will usually get multiple callers and even AA against 3 players it's unlikely you will beat them all.

The way to win on this level is to get into pots for as little as possible and then when you have strong hands (not necessarily the nuts) get the money in and you will get called by all-sorts.

• edited November 2010
    This is pretty standard on this level. Personally I don't like to go all-in pre because you will usually get multiple callers and even AA against 3 players it's unlikely you will beat them all. The way to win on this level is to get into pots for as little as possible and then when you have strong hands (not necessarily the nuts) get the money in and you will get called by all-sorts.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    so are you saying i should start limping into pots every time?? would this not let even more people into the pot?
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    Def dont start limping in with premium hands. You played it well. ul
  • edited November 2010

I agree with Yb, though with one small disclaimer. 2/4 is SOOOO bad here that i'm sometimes tempted to flat the 1010 because you'll get called so wide by people at this level. Would depend on the table and stack sizes involved though. In this spot though against really only one person (not couting the two real shorties) shove preflop is no bad thing at all.

So difficult at this level to isolate that lot of the time you feel ilke you have to set mine virtually anything below QQ due to the amount of people that come with you to a flop. Some tables won't fold no matter what they hold. Once they limp they will come along no matter the action that follows behind them, including all ins. Don't really think you find any real resembalance of poker till 10nl nere.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol : so are you saying i should start limping into pots every time?? would this not let even more people into the pot?
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    Not limping, but not going crazy pre-flop.

This one was ok, there was enough in the pot when it got to you to warrent your all-in and it's just ul that the other thought his K4 was good enough to call that with, and did the major damage.

But generally if your playing this level the way to win is to get into pots cheap and get value from your big hands. Going all-in pre in multi-way pots even with the best hand is a losing play in the long run. Your only 40% likely to hold here, and that was because they had really crazy hands like A4 K4, if you went against more overcards it would be 30%
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol : Not limping, but not going crazy pre-flop. This one was ok, there was enough in the pot when it got to you to warrent your all-in and it's just ul that the other thought his K4 was good enough to call that with, and did the major damage. But generally if your playing this level the way to win is to get into pots cheap and get value from your big hands. Going all-in pre in multi-way pots even with the best hand is a losing play in the long run. Your only 40% likely to hold here, and that was because they had really crazy hands like A4 K4, if you went against more overcards it would be 30%
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Yeah about the size of it. 39.27%.This isn't really poker, just Russian Roulette on a poker theme.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol : Yeah about the size of it. 39.27%.This isn't really poker, just Russian Roulette on a poker theme.
    Posted by shelski
    at what level does it start being poker???
  • edited November 2010
    was just about to post about not getting down hearted - and to raise but not go all in - get some callers and then take them to value town........then this.......lol.....seriously though dont go all in pre just a decent raise, then as you see you get one all in rather than 6. And im having that all day long (providing you got a high pair on the flop of course).
    Dillinger4 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £0.90
    J1MBOE Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.27
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Biffder Fold     
    ladyge07 Fold     
    Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.33
    tapeworm Raise  £0.20 £0.30 £8.25
    Dillinger4 Fold     
    J1MBOE Call  £0.16 £0.46 £3.11
    Call  £0.16 £0.62 £1.17
    Flop

• Q

J1MBOE Check     
    xCheck     
    tapeworm Bet  £0.47 £1.09 £7.78
    J1MBOE Fold     
    xAll-in  £1.17 £2.26 £0.00
    tapeworm Call  £0.70 £2.96 £7.08
    Show
    • Q

tapeworm Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

River

• A

Win Two Pairs, Queens and 10s £2.74
  • edited November 2010

im getting a bit confused now!! how much difference does it make playing on a 10 seater compared to 6??

• edited November 2010
    im getting a bit confused now!! how much difference does it make playing on a 10 seater compared to 6??
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    10 seater is a lot slower, and at this level its a killer, folding consistantly for hours.
  • edited November 2010
    was just about to post about not getting down hearted - and to raise but not go all in - get some callers and then take them to value town........then this.......lol.....seriously though dont go all in pre just a decent raise, then as you see you get one all in rather than 6. And im having that all day long (providing you got a high pair on the flop of course).
    Posted by tapeworm
    i did raise but didnt make much difference mate. im happy with having these callers in 1 way, but then not in others.
    after the short had gone all-in and had been re-raised i could only shove or fold, cant see how seeing the flop would of helped. im prob wrong tho
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol : 10 seater is a lot slower, and at this level its a killer, folding consistantly for hours.
    Posted by The_Don90
    so would be playin this table and level super tight??
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol : so would be playin this table and level super tight??
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    you should be anyway, but draws are less likley to come out, and its harder to hit.

But at this level you should be playing rather tight anyways,
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol : you should be anyway, but draws are less likley to come out, and its harder to hit. But at this level you should be playing rather tight anyways,
    Posted by The_Don90
    so how would you of played the hand in the opening post??
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: whats goin on here then?? lol : so how would you of played the hand in the opening post??
    Posted by BURNShurtz
    with two all ins im probably set mining so i let it go.
  • edited November 2010

Maybe we've had an influx of new players from Facebook.