You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i play it right how can i play it better

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
royalflash Small blind  25.00 25.00 3355.00
lennylee Big blind  50.00 75.00 965.00
  Your hole cards

rob12345 Raise  150.00 225.00 1780.00
chino-kez Fold     
royalflash Call  125.00 350.00 3230.00
lennylee Call  100.00 450.00 865.00
Flop

• J

royalflash Check     
lennylee All-in  865.00 1315.00 0.00
rob12345 All-in  1780.00 3095.00 0.00
royalflash Call  1780.00 4875.00 1450.00
royalflash Show
  • K

lennylee Show

rob12345 Show

Turn

• J

River

royalflash Win Straight Flush to the Jack 4875.00  6325.00

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I'd really like to know what format this is you are playing in, as might effect a little the answer. Part of me is saying "Snap call/shove" as you did, but lot of me is saying there are better spots depending on what format you are playing here. If this is a DYm or even a SnG I think I might be finding a fold here. Might not be the right play, but again I'd have to take into account what you are playing.

Also, I'd highly recomend not posting a full hand history for advice. I'm a big fan of cutting the HH at the point you faced your choice, as posting the results really colours advice, even if people will try not to let it effect what they say. Normally get better advice if they don't know how the hand turned out, or what you did. :)
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    This seems like its a sng, if so then snap fold pre.

As is obv dont fold flop.
  • edited November 2010
    its a mtt 8 players left top 2 cash
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: did i play it right how can i play it better:
    I'd really like to know what format this is you are playing in, as might effect a little the answer. Part of me is saying "Snap call/shove" as you did, but lot of me is saying there are better spots depending on what format you are playing here. If this is a DYm or even a SnG I think I might be finding a fold here. Might not be the right play, but again I'd have to take into account what you are playing. Also, I'd highly recomend not posting a full hand history for advice. I'm a big fan of cutting the HH at the point you faced your choice, as posting the results really colours advice, even if people will try not to let it effect what they say. Normally get better advice if they don't know how the hand turned out, or what you did. :)
    Posted by KAM99
    nice call i deffo will just will not put the end of the hand
  • edited November 2010
    ouch horror spot on flop,no neeeeeed fold pre !! the way the betting went on flop you were right to shove however if they both went all in before you I think you have to fold.

Also rob when on a final table in big blind sat with pocket tens and the small blind shoves snap fold because I will always bink a king or even 2 hehe.

Soz about that matey,and you were right i did win it,lucky me.!!
  • edited November 2010
    ouch horror spot on flop,no neeeeeed fold pre !! the way the betting went on flop you were right to shove however if they both went all in before you I think you have to fold. Also rob when on a final table in big blind sat with pocket tens and the small blind shoves snap fold because I will always bink a king or even 2 hehe. Soz about that matey,and you were right i did win it,lucky me.!!
    Posted by FINS
    yeh u where playing well and runing gd

when i rasieed wif 109 just trying to get thing going and raiseing better than limping
  • edited November 2010

the only problem with raising with the type of cards you did is that people who call, will quite often have you out kicked so even if you do hit top pair you might not be good.

As played i might call the flop bet and jam the turn if its a none club, but the chances are other villian will come over the top anyway.

• edited November 2010
    the only problem with raising with the type of cards you did is that people who call, will quite often have you out kicked so even if you do hit top pair you might not be good. As played i might call the flop bet and jam the turn if its a none club, but the chances are other villian will come over the top anyway.
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    are u mad u have to just call the turn 4 me u have to shove the flop becouse u just call and club comes down u hand is dead and u have to price the over clubs out by move all in.