You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker points question

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Just a little something im looking into is to start doing HU cash. I think im more likley to feel comfortable doing this rather than playing 6 handed with my recent run of form.

Anyways does anyone know if i will still rack up poker points for doing this??

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Ipren Response to poker points question:
    Just a little something im looking into is to start doing HU cash. I think im more likley to feel comfortable doing this rather than playing 6 handed with my recent run of form. Anyways does anyone know if i will still rack up poker points for doing this??
    Posted by The_Don90
    pretty sure you dont as i is to easy to con, for example you and a friend could play £5/£10 HU and just take eah others blinds time and agin, if u did this for 8 hours a day you would make a decent living from it!!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Yes you do still get poker points for playing HU.  Jesusdog22 you have to see a flop for it to be classed as a raked hand, so you have to pay rake to get points.
    Don i tried playing HU a while back and its a very swingy high rake paying game.  Variance is much higher in HU than 6 max.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: poker points question:
    Yes you do still get poker points for playing HU.  Jesusdog22 you have to see a flop for it to be classed as a raked hand, so you have to pay rake to get points. Don i tried playing HU a while back and its a very swingy high rake paying game.  Variance is much higher in HU than 6 max.
    Posted by freechips1
    Yea i agree, in all honesty the only real reason is i have confidence in my ability to beat most of the opponents it my level of play. Once i go up the levels ill avoid HU till i get used to opponents again.

If i get it wrong then i tried, if it works, then its another step in the right direction of improving my all round game aswell as gaining valuble buy-ins to play 6-max.
  • edited November 2010

£1/2 HU sit n go turbos.
  • edited November 2010
    surely the rake you pay at low limit hu is more than you can get from cfp?  
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: poker points question:
    surely the rake you pay at low limit hu is more than you can get from cfp?  
    Posted by OMahonyO
    not sure i won £3 before in about 7 hands or something against an opponent and then re-checked Poker Points and it stood 30 points more. I paid about 30p in rake.