You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stacked off 100BB with just TPQK Much done wrong or over valueing my hand again.

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
p.s. i suspect this to just be a cooler, but thought id post it, just to see if im back playing "normal" poker yet  

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Ok so this is a looser opponent, hed called me with 64 of clubs previously for 36p pre flop and donk bet his draw, so when he donk bets i place him on likley an up and down. Anyways, opinions please.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
     Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.19
     Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £10.15
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.05
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.28 £0.38 £3.71
     Fold     
     Fold     
     Call  £0.26 £0.64 £3.93
     Call  £0.24 £0.88 £9.91
     Fold     
    Flop

• A

Check     
     Bet  £0.44 £1.32 £9.47
    The_Don90 Raise  £1.76 £3.08 £1.95
     Fold     
     All-in  £9.47 £12.55 £0.00
    The_Don90 All-in  £1.95 £14.50 £0.00
     Unmatched bet  £6.20 £8.30 £6.20
     Show
    • A
    • K

The_Don90 Show
    • A
    • Q

Turn

River

Win Pair of Aces £7.68  £13.88
  • edited November 2010
    Cooler don

if he called 36p previously why have you bet less? bet same, shove flop ouch!
  • edited November 2010
    No choice really as played but to call with your flop reraise putting half your stack out there nearly. However, me I'd be making the call pretty much certain I'm behind to a set, 2 pair or AK. Sure, its possible he is loose doing this with something like some random Ace at this level, but I normally find at low limits they are calling stations. C/R or 3-4bets and lot of time you are behind. Might have had an option to fold if the reraise had be slightly less at around £1, but still not totally easy unless you have fair info on villian and his ranges.

Dunno if you've thought about it Don, but its a really good idea sometimes with hand advice to chop the hand off at the point you faced your choice of action. Showing the results will be virtually certain to colour the advice you get off a lot of people when they can see how the hand actually finished, and so the advice you get might not always be as helpful as it could be.. Just a thought for ya. :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Stacked off 100BB with just TPQK Much done wrong or over valueing my hand again.:
    No choice really but to call with your flop reraise putting half your stack out there nearly. However, me I'd be making the call pretty much certain I'm behind to a set, 2 pair or AK. Sure, its possible he is loose doing this with something like some random Ace at this level, but I normally find at low limits they are calling stations. C/R or 3-4bets and lot of time you are behind. Dunno if you've thought about it Don, but its a really good idea sometimes with hand advice to chop the hand off at the point you faced your choice of action. Showing the results will be virtually certain to colour the advice you get off a lot of people when they can see how the hand actually finished, and so the advice you get might not always be as helpful as it could be.. Just a thought for ya. :)
    Posted by KAM99
    I do sometimes for that last bit. However on this as you said ive put half my stack in, there isnt really a desision is there.

My main question is about my whole player here.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Stacked off 100BB with just TPQK Much done wrong or over valueing my hand again.:
    In Response to Re: Stacked off 100BB with just TPQK Much done wrong or over valueing my hand again. : I do sometimes for that last bit. However on this as you said ive put half my stack in, there isnt really a desision is there. My main question is about my whole player here.
    Posted by The_Don90

You didnt reply to my if he called 36p with air before why you didnt bet same again or more? other then that standard
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Stacked off 100BB with just TPQK Much done wrong or over valueing my hand again. : You didnt reply to my if he called 36p with air before why you didnt bet same again or more? other then that standard
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yea good point mate, i have no idea in honesty, When i have hands like AQ dont i wana looser calls ?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Stacked off 100BB with just TPQK Much done wrong or over valueing my hand again. : Yea good point mate, i have no idea in honesty, When i have hands like AQ dont i wana looser calls ?
    Posted by The_Don90

You do but as they have called 36p likely they will do again loose no point reducing it if their in the pot they'll just figure its your standard raise if they even think about it
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Stacked off 100BB with just TPQK Much done wrong or over valueing my hand again. : You do but as they have called 36p likely they will do again loose no point reducing it if their in the pot they'll just figure its your standard raise if they even think about it
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    very good point, my raising was being completely mixed, i actually watched my AK 64p raise pre flop called by A2 on this table, different opponent from the one here. alot of the time i was pushing bountries pre and i believe looking back if i had continued and had enough buy backs i could have put a full £4 down pre and got 2 callers as long as opponents had suited cards.