You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Won the hand, but felt risky compared to level. Opinions please.

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
OK after taking a day to recover and re-asses how im playing, looking over the hand history consistantly, i felt i was ready to return to tables. Then i pick up AK suited diamonds.

I miss the flop which is probably the worst flop i could have had, ive never played with this opponent before so decided to test some water, find out if he has it or if hes on a draw, if im wrong then i can build some notes and get a reload. Although then smelling weakness by the way he called the flop i decided to barrel out on the turn for a second time.

At this level this is something i really never do, I very rarley even c-bet this flop, without at least one heart. Anyways opinions please.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.13
The_Don90 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.76
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

Fold     
 Fold     
 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £5.90
 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £6.76
 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £2.11
The_Don90 Raise  £0.32 £0.48 £3.44
 Fold     
 Call  £0.32 £0.80 £6.44
 Fold     
Flop

The_Don90 Bet  £0.60 £1.40 £2.84
 Call  £0.60 £2.00 £5.84
Turn

• J

The_Don90 Bet  £1.00 £3.00 £1.84
 Fold     
The_Don90 Muck     
The_Don90 Win  £1.85  £3.69
The_Don90 Return  £1.00 £0.15 £4.69

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Dont like c bet & bet on turn here tbh but you got lucky this time won the hand agression ftw!
  • edited November 2010
    Don't like this play long term, as its a pretty ugly flop for your hand OOP, and could easy be connecting with the random type hand he limp/called with. I have made this play myself, so not going to totally say its bad, but its not one I pull out to often. Certainly I can see why you would fire a turn bet, as if he had flopped the flush I'd be likely thinking due to his preflop limp its not the nut flush, and you'd be expecting a reraise to protect it if he had that. Still thats if you know a players general ability and ways they play. Against a total unknown I'm not sure I totally like getting to involved in a really ugly flop OOP. Better spots for you.
  • edited November 2010
    i like a 2barrel on a blank, but the Js isnt that much of a blank, 89 JT etc Jxh are all now never folding.

i would also bet bigger on the turn to discourage 7x & 5x  hands