You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this such a horrendously bad move by me?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Cos I've crashed out of so many MTTs making it and think I need talked out of making it.

Tonight's Double Stack, I was about 40th with about 100 runners left.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
mutchey Small blind  100.00 100.00 4495.00
angie55 Big blind  200.00 300.00 15425.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

bandini Raise  600.00 900.00 8115.00
winner5603 Fold     
RobHull Call  600.00 1500.00 4470.00
lee100 Fold     
mutchey Fold     
angie55 Call  400.00 1900.00 15025.00
Flop

• K

angie55 Bet  600.00 2500.00 14425.00
bandini All-in  8115.00 10615.00 0.00
RobHull Fold     
angie55 Call  7515.00 18130.00 6910.00
angie55 Show
  • K
  • J

bandini Show
  • A

Turn

River

angie55 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 2s 18130.00

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I think you have overplayed it a bit, suprised you got called by KJ but i would bet on flop 1600 with intention of calling any shove or shoving any raise. if just called and dont hit turn would slow down

not the worst move imo you were probably fave on that flop, but think you are only going to be called by King+ folding out any bluffs. maybe a check call on flop or c/raise would have worked better?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this such a horrendously bad move by me?:
     you were probably fave on that flop
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    No m8 he was a 44.65 % ' fave ' on that flop. Just thought you needed to realise that for future purposes.
    Also the expression " probably a fave " is in itself is incorrect. A person is either a favourite, an underdog or a joint favourite. Please try to be more organised in your thinking in future please ?
    This looks to me like more of your trademark WUMMERY if i'm very not mistaken !!!!!   ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Yes!

The flop shove is OTT, it was a bad move that cost you your tournament life. Shoving here is a big giveaway that you hold a draw, if you genuinely held a strong made hand you would either check with the intention of re-raising a bet, or put in a standard c-bet, shoving is the last thing you would do. Your opponent was probably wise enough to put you on a draw and was prepared to chance calling with his/her top pair and a reasonable kicker.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this such a horrendously bad move by me? :  you were probably fave on that flop Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    No m8 he was a 44.65 % ' fave ' on that flop. Just thought you needed to realise that for future purposes. Also the expression " probably a fave " is in itself is incorrect. A person is either a favourite, an underdog or a joint favourite. Please try to be more organised in your thinking in future please ? This looks to me like more of your trademark WUMMERY if i'm very not mistaken !!!!!   ;)
    Posted by shelski

Not a math's person so thanks, think fave here he would need overs & flush draw my bad. And tired today so really shouldnt attempt to give advice when as tired as i am.
  • edited November 2010
    Not a math's person so thanks, think fave here he would need overs & flush draw my bad. And tired today so really shouldnt attempt to give advice when as tired as i am.
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Sorry man not giving you a hard time. I can do rule of 4 and that's about it.  I googled texas hold'em odds calculator  (free and no download) which i really find useful for percentage analysis. You checked it out it's coo ?. Works for omaha too.
    You're still a Wum tho !
  • edited November 2010
    I SELDOM POST ON HERE , DON'T FEEL IM QUALIFIED TO GIVE ANY ADVICE REALLY. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR SHOVE , I DO IT REGULARLY . I HATE THE KJ CALL THOUGH . THE ONLY WAY I COULD IMAGE MAKING THAT CALL IS IF I HAD A GOOD READ ON MY OPPONENT .  EDIT , THEN AGAIN , I WOULD HOPEFULLY HAVE SOME IDEA , HOW MY OPPONENT WOULD REACT TO MY SHOVE !!

PS. I MISS CANDY
  • edited November 2010
    I SELDOM POST ON HERE , DON'T FEEL IM QUALIFIED TO GIVE ANY ADVICE REALLY. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH YOUR SHOVE , I DO IT REGULARLY . I HATE THE KJ CALL THOUGH . THE ONLY WAY I COULD IMAGE MAKING THAT CALL IS IF I HAD A GOOD READ ON MY OPPONENT .
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Well you are certainly qualified to give advice on archery problems Sir ! You will be my first port of call when i'm consistently hitting the outer gold and not inner gold as is my norm. I hope you don't cite variance in that spot !
    Relaxation and breathing ftw !
    P.S- when you say you miss Candy is this of an archery nature or something to do with the forum, or even confectionary related ?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Is this such a horrendously bad move by me? : Well you are certainly qualified to give advice on archery problems Sir ! You will be my first port of call when i'm consistently hitting the outer gold and not inner gold as is my norm. I hope you don't cite variance in that spot ! Relaxation and breathing ftw ! P.S- when you say you miss Candy is this of an archery nature or something to do with the forum, or even confectionary related ?
    Posted by shelski

LOL , JUST SENT A PM , WHERE I WAS TALKING ABOUT MY HUNGER PAINS .WILL REPLY TO YOUR POST AND EVERYTHING ELSE LATER , I NEED TO EAT A HORSE FIRST.   PS.I MISS FOOD AND CANDI
  • edited November 2010
    Not a math's person so thanks, think fave here he would need overs & flush draw my bad. And tired today so really shouldnt attempt to give advice when as tired as i am. Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Sorry man not giving you a hard time. I can do rule of 4 and that's about it.  I googled texas hold'em odds calculator  (free and no download) which i really find useful for percentage analysis. You checked it out it's coo ?. Works for omaha too. You're still a Wum tho !
    Posted by shelski

ur still googling i have one saved in my Favorites.

Anyways we have one over+FD i raise but i dot like a call. Weak calll for the KJ So easily beaten by nearly any King and lets face it AK probably plas the flop similar to how you did
  • edited November 2010
    Don why would you put AK in villains range when they flat called pre? not digging out but i defo would discount that hand unless against super nit

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Is this such a horrendously bad move by me?:
    It's an horrendously bad move btw.
    You are usually such an eloquent individual. I'm as disappointed by your grammar as i am by this play.
    That Angie55 is a bit of a shark so you're kind of asking for it in a way. You dig baby doll ?
    Ul btw. You need a bit of luck to get on in a tourney. :/
  • edited November 2010
    i think its fine how you played it
  • edited November 2010
    i think its fine how you played it
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    however in situaions like this i prefer to raise to something like 5k/call a shove as IMO that looks stronger than an AI.
  • edited November 2010
    this is fine where's the problem.
  • edited November 2010
    WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE HAND NOW BEANEH ?

• edited November 2010
    WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE HAND NOW BEANEH ?
    Posted by PILLOWMAN

I haven't read thread, just seen we make a normal open. with suited Ace. flop nut flulsh draw, get lead into weak and we jam. we have enough to make him fold whilst it's not too much to be really making a mistake. he can deffo lead fold a lot so I like it....?