You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is it just me or...

... does anyone else feel that they miss out occassionally...

Here's my problem...

I play fairly regularly on skypoker, maybe one or two evenings a week, sometimes more.  I'm not a regular forum reader although I do sometimes come on here and 'linger' as opposed to post and when I do linger I sometimes get a little lost with what topics are being discussed in what thread.

Then, every so often I notice a new featured tournament either about to start or that is already in progress.  The latest one is Rich's Multiball. 

Now I like the odd fun thing like this.  Part of the reason I am not on here more often is that I like a bit of variety so jump around sites so that I can play a variety of different tournaments.  I used to like the twin table ones that were held on here once a week where if you cashed in both your winnikngs were doubled.

The trouble is, unless I stumble upon them, I don;t know they are happening on here.  And then when I do stumble upon them, it sometimes takes ages to work out what they are all about.  I just spent 10 minutes looking through various threads before I found out what this Multi ball tournie is. And now I've realised that I've already missed a week or 2 of it!

So dear "Skypoker" which i do like above all other poker sites, can you please create a page that details up and coming tournaments and let us know ahead of time what is involved in them?  Or maybe send a monthly email to your members telling them what is up and coming for that month.  That way I can play in the new fun tournaments that you run.

Or maybe this is already happening and I am just being dumb!

Darren
(bazbazbaz)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    It's just YOU - That'll teach ye for two timing our beloved sky poker. lol.

But sereously unless i'm in the poker lobby everyday then its very easy to miss out on up coming events or new fun tournies and its usually nearly all over by the time you know about it.

I quite fancy the idea of a upwards scrolling banner box which could be seen in all areas of the poker site and updated regularly with a list of main events and fun tournies / leagues etc such as the "Multiball".

Obviously this is not gonna help if you are playing on A.N.Other Poker Dot Com, but for all the people who stick with sky poker in the main it may be very useful.

Pokertrev
    (Official Suit)
  • edited November 2010
    To be honest Trev, I am 99% skypoker, perhaps your suggestion would move the extra 1%!
  • edited November 2010
    if you hvae facebook become a fan of their page.  they usually update their status with details of new tournies/freerolls/site news
  • edited November 2010
    You never know baz - it might just work.

I know i've seen you a lot on here baz, and like you say, unless your happy to trawl through the forum section, it is quite easy to miss out. So I agree, it would be nice if they could come up with something.