You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Last Thursday's Bounty Hunter Show and Folding Aces Scenario

edited November 2010 in Sky Poker Live
Email keeps getting rejected, so hoping this will reach the SKYPOKER presenters:

Hi guys, great Bounty Hunter show last Thursday, thoroughly enjoyed the game, the banter and the coverage. My UserID is STAYORGO which you mentioned a few times.

Three weeks ago was the first time I'd played on Sky Poker TV for years, didn't see the final heads up last week, did sweetthing win?

There was a very significant hand (as far as the tournament was concerned) on the table that I was on, which I don't think was covered last week. If my memory serves me correctly, I had over 70K, sweetthing and tazz2222 had just over 40K each, we ended up all in pre flop. I had AK, sweetthing QQ and tazz TT. No one hit anything and sweetthing's QQ prevailed elevating himself to major chip leader and as a result, later on to the heads up battle, which I don't know whether or not he won as it went off air and I was not on the Internet by then.

Anyhow, my view to the folding of Aces question you raised.

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, not first hand in WSOP, on the bubble, 5 callers, 3 players left on the final table with one short stack, it's the best hand in poker, any situation I will never fold Aces pre flop, PERIOD, as they say in the states.

Now having got on my high horse about never EVER folding Aces I have just mentioned it to my son, Gary, who has an amazing poker brain for his age. He told me that I WOULD fold Aces in one scenario. I didn't believe him at first, but, you know what, he was right, smart lad.

In a satellite tournament where say 6 qualify and we are down to the last 7. I'm second chip leader and know without doubt that I can check/fold myself to a top six finish and qualification to the main event, in this scenario, if chip leader raises all in, I will indeed fold my Aces! Never thought I'd hear myself say those words! :=)

It's amazing, one time your explaining to your kids which is better a flush or a straight then the next thing you know, they're beating you hands down, have an better understanding of the game, and reading your every move!

Looking forward to tonight, hope the poker gods are with me!
All the best guys,

Cheers Graham (STAYORGO)

P.S Could you give a mention to my partner Evelyne, who has only been playing Poker a few weeks, absolutely loves it, and has just finished 2nd in our weekly pub poker tournament. I guess like my son, she'll be beating me soon too! :=)

Comments