You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A little something to amuse. Free TSP Classic Entry to the winner.

13»

Comments

• edited November 2010
    1. Love me do
    2. From me to you
    3. She loves you
    4. I want to hold your hand
    5. Can't buy me love
    6. A hard day's night
    7. I feel fine
    8. Eight days a week
    9. Ticket to ride
    10. Help!
    11. Yesterday
    12. Day tripper
    13. We can work it out
    14. Paperback writer
    15. Yellow submarine
    16. Eleanor Rigby
    17. Penny Lane
    18. All you need is love
    19. Hello, goodbye
    20. Lady Madonna
    21. Hey Jude
    22. Get back
    23. The ballad of John and Yoko
    24. Something
    25. Come together
    26. Let it be
    27. The long and winding road

Just a guess.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: A little something to amuse. Free TSP Classic Entry to the winner.:
    1. Love me do 2. From me to you 3. She loves you 4. I want to hold your hand 5. Can't buy me love 6. A hard day's night 7. I feel fine 8. Eight days a week 9. Ticket to ride 10. Help! 11. Yesterday 12. Day tripper 13. We can work it out 14. Paperback writer 15. Yellow submarine 16. Eleanor Rigby 17. Penny Lane 18. All you need is love 19. Hello, goodbye 20. Lady Madonna 21. Hey Jude 22. Get back 23. The ballad of John and Yoko 24. Something 25. Come together 26. Let it be 27. The long and winding road Just a guess.
    Posted by Machka
    Cheat, cheat, cheat - REFEREEE!!! ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    DING dang merrily on high, In blackpool BELLs are ringing

Ding dang merrily on high...i'm tikay and i'm singing...

Traaam, tratratratratra traaaamm...

;o)

XX
  • edited November 2010
    a bit of enimem and val doonegan...maybe ,ixed into together with a touch of kylie minouge for good measure

• edited November 2010
    Poker Face - Lady Gaga
    When I'm 64 - The Beatles
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: A little something to amuse. Free TSP Classic Entry to the winner.:
    Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf and errm Little Donk ey ? by ricorford and ed giddens
    Posted by Ploppy33
    FYP
  • edited November 2010

I've no idea how I'm going to sort a winner from this, but thank you for a great response.

We'll do a similar Comp very soon, as we got 4 pages of entries, & that has to be good.

The question was.....

If anyone can guess what my choice of listening is on the drive, a free TSP Entry awaits.

Name any TWO songs, artistes, tracks, or authors, I'll listen to en route, to get the prize.

Best CORRECT answer, or funniest answer if no correct answer, gets the Entry.

So, what DID I listen to?
  • edited November 2010

I listened to all or bits of the following artistes or LP's on the way up yesterday......

Cat Stevens

Madness

Dire Straits

Tenacious D

Eminem

Gorillaz

Beatles

A Short History of Nearly Everything (Bill Bryson)

Cure

Fun Lovin Criminals

Salt N Pepa.

• edited November 2010

There will be TWO winners.

The first is "Flutnush" for this......

(Like A) Technically Proficient And Beautifully Engineered Structure Of Exquisite Ironmongery Spanning Troubled Water – Shaman & Garfarkle

When I’m Cleaning Windows (12" remix Ft. Will.i.am) – George Formby

Spanish Eyes – Engleberry Humpernickle

The Alan Clark Diaries (Audiobook) – narrated by Arthur Mullard (or Mallard)

Blonde - The Wedding Present
  • edited November 2010

I am struggling to seperate the rest, some were close, some were achingly funny, some were disqualified on grounds of ageism, or Welsh-ism, so I'm not sure who to award the second one to.

I'll need to think a little longer, but if you think you deserved the other prize - I'm adding one EXTRA Prize, making TWO TSP Classic Entries, as there were so many good Entries - make your claim quickly.

In the interim, FlutNush - what night would you like to play the TSP Classic as my Guest? 
  • edited November 2010
    I liked the post that said you listened to 'its raining men' by The weather girls.Now who posted that one again? oh yeah it was me ;o)
  • edited November 2010
    I think you should give it to one of the new posters - so that'll be me then ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I think everyone should picture Tikay outside a bingo hall playing 'Jump in my car'
  • edited November 2010

If every forum comp. like this was decided on who wrote the funniest post, Flutnush could make a living from it. Wd him.

P.S, I would like to claim the 2nd prize for my suggestion of "Big Pimpin!" Just google the video/lyrics if you have not heard of this song, you will realise why the thought of tikay "singing" along to this while driving up the M1 would be a little disturbing:) I thought about posting the lyrics on here but i would get an insta forum ban. 

• edited November 2010
    Gosh (and other mild cuss-words expressing surprise and gratitude), that really is most kind, thank you.

I fully intend to be drunk for the next four days, and seeing as I play even worse when tipsy (I know, hard to believe), could I possibly do it next week?

I should be ‘clean’ again by Tuesday 16th. If that’s not groovy, please drop me an email and we’ll sort it out there.

Thanks again. I right love Sky, me.

Eclectic music tastes too, by the way...
  • edited November 2010
    I listened to all or bits of the following artistes or LP's on the way up yesterday...... Cat Stevens Madness Dire Straits Tenacious D Eminem Gorillaz Beatles A Short History of Nearly Everything (Bill Bryson) Cure Fun Lovin Criminals Salt N Pepa.
    Posted by Tikay10
    eeek i was going to say that with **** her gently. I just didnt think it was an appropriate answer lol.
  • edited November 2010
    lol i can imagine tikay bobbin his head along to push it quality!
  • edited November 2010
    As my bankroll is currently £1 I would like the extra seat please Tikay.

Thank you in advance

Steve
  • edited November 2010

I am struggling to sort the "Bonus" Winner, as I can't decide, & I'm well busy, (& it is a bonus, & only one Seat was up for grabs), so I'm going to swerve it, & get FlutNush, who won the other Seat, to nominate the winner.

Do your worst, Flutty.

PS - I will get Flutty entered for Tuesday's TSP Classic.

• edited November 2010
    Thanks again for the seat tomorrow.

I didn’t realise the competition would bear such a responsibility, but I’ll nominate MereNovice as a joint-winner.
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks again for the seat tomorrow. I didn’t realise the competition would bear such a responsibility, but I’ll nominate MereNovice as a joint-winner.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Who?

Say what?
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks again for the seat tomorrow. I didn’t realise the competition would bear such a responsibility, but I’ll nominate MereNovice as a joint-winner.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Well done Vince
  • edited November 2010
    I'd just like to say a big thankyou to Mr. Nush.

I've long been an admirer of your posts on this forum and I am very happy to accept this prize.

My only "complaint" is that you don't post more; this forum is much the better for your contributions.

Thanks.
  • edited November 2010

So what night would you like to play the TSP Classic, Mr MereMiddleSetIsNoGoodAtOmahaNovice?
  • edited November 2010
    So what night would you like to play the TSP Classic, Mr MereMiddleSetIsNoGoodAtOmahaNovice?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Get it right - it's Mr MereMiddleSetIsNoGoodAtOmahaHiLoNovice.
    Anyway, any proper player would have folded top set on that flop.

I'd like to play at the first available opportunity, please.
    My diary seems to be clear all this week.
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by FlutNush
    Hi Mr Nush,

I can confirm that both you & MerePlonkey have been Reg'd for tonight's TSP Classic.

Good luck to you both.*

* By "both", I only mean you really. He does not need luck, he runs too good. He killed me in a shocker with a binkety-bink runner-runner perfect-perfect miracle-miracle runner-runner hit & hope scoopio last night in Omaha Hi-Lo Cash. Not that I'm bitter, like.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: A little something to amuse. Free TSP Classic Entry to the winner. : Hi Mr Nush, I can confirm that both you & MerePlonkey have been Reg'd for tonight's TSP Classic. Good luck to you both.* * By "both", I only mean you really. He does not need luck, he runs too good. He killed me in a shocker with a binkety-bink runner-runner perfect-perfect miracle-miracle runner-runner hit & hope scoopio last night in Omaha Hi-Lo Cash. Not that I'm bitter, like.
    Posted by Tikay10
    You should be careful Mr. Fish; I could always post the hand.
    I was sooooooo far ahead that I couldn't even see you with binoculars. I even missed my FlutNush draw and still won the hand.

Thanks again to FlutNush for the prize. I'll see you on the final table. Tikay will be there too, anti-railing obv.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: A little something to amuse. Free TSP Classic Entry to the winner. : You should be careful Mr. Fish; I could always post the hand. I was sooooooo far ahead that I couldn't even see you with binoculars. I even missed my FlutNush draw and still won the hand. Thanks again to FlutNush for the prize. I'll see you on the final table. Tikay will be there too, anti-railing obv.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I concur

I was there izzit

Good Luck to Vince and Flutty tonight innit
  • edited November 2010
    Blimey, I'm sorry I nominated you now Vince...

I’ll bet you come to the table with your usual super-human powers, such as: maths, binkage, common sense, skill... pot odds... maths... and even more binkage.

Seeing as I’m a Texas Hold ’Em legend (don’t laugh, my iPhone agrees), this tournament should’ve been a walk in the park. Now you’re in the mix, I may well have to cancel the registration; go and rail HuFlungNeil; and exchange recommendations on the best ‘one-handed web sites’ know to humanity (a conversation we never seem to resolve amicably).

I’ll be honest, I'm not looking forward to this freebie as much now. 

In fact, my tummy is quite sore :(