You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Correct play - DYM

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
CheekyMak Small blind  25.00 25.00 2760.00
bobcam Big blind  50.00 75.00 1875.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

starbar440 Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  250.00 325.00 1620.00
ygriff Call  250.00 575.00 1140.00
aamir1989 Fold     
CheekyMak Fold     
bobcam Fold     
Flop

• K

The_Don90 All-in  1620.00 2195.00 0.00
ygriff All-in  1140.00 3335.00 0.00
The_Don90 Unmatched bet  480.00 2855.00 480.00
The_Don90 Show
  • K
  • A

ygriff Show

Turn

River

ygriff Win Two Pairs, 7s and 6s 2855.00  2855.00
Opinions please.

Also on the flop i want to just end the hand there.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Yeh, not a good shove on the flop. They could've easily landed trips or just called with a flush/straight draw.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct play - DYM:
    Yeh, not a good shove on the flop. They could've easily landed trips or just called with a flush/straight draw.
    Posted by Tooned
    so the shove ends hand there against flush/straight draw and at worst i got A of clubs
  • edited November 2010
    ANYONE CALLING RAISE TO ME HAS SOMETHING ? I WOULD HALF/3QUATER POT BET IF THEY CALL SLOW DOWN A RE-AVALUATE, IF THEY RERAISE I`M FOLDING, BUT THAT`S ME, I`M STUPID NOT DAFT > ??
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct play - DYM : so the shove ends hand there against flush/straight draw and at worst i got A of clubs
    Posted by The_Don90

bd flush is 4% dont rely on that.

raise less pre. and don't just open jam flop, bet call. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct play - DYM : bd flush is 4% dont rely on that. raise less pre. and don't just open jam flop, bet call. 
    Posted by beaneh
    +1 really. Don't overly see the need for 5xbb raise unless table is ultra loose and you trying to cut down on callers. Shove on the flop is nearly always bad for me. For me its like people that open shove preflop on a cash table. You are only getting called by the hand that beats you when you do it.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct play - DYM : bd flush is 4% dont rely on that. raise less pre. and don't just open jam flop, bet call. 
    Posted by beaneh
    But if he raises less pre,say 150, is he not inviting even more callers?
  • edited November 2010
    What level is it?

I don't think jammin the flop is THAT bad after opening for 5x....

I wouldn't raise so much pre though.
  • edited November 2010
    What level is it? I don't think jammin the flop is THAT bad after opening for 5x.... I wouldn't raise so much pre though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1

• edited November 2010
    I'd Raise 4 x, dont mindthe jam tbh also dont mind the 5x bet pre your opponent got very lucky here calling with that junk ul mate
  • edited November 2010
    in all honesty 90% of the time in a dym i open shove pre flop. im happy to take blinds down most of the time. however ah blind levels this low its pointless. so i didnt do it. On the flop the pot was decent enough to take down so i shove. Thats my logic in this hand.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Correct play - DYM : But if he raises less pre,say 150, is he not inviting even more callers?
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Having more callers will be good news most times if you flop an A or K, you are likely to stack somebody holding a weaker A or K, say AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ etc, all likely holdings for callers. If you hit the flop and they all fold to your bet you have picked up more chips than you would have if they hadn't called pre-flop in the first place. If you miss the flop and have to fold it's only cost you 150. That's a good risk vs reward ratio.

The hand posted above is just a typical bad beat, this happens no matter how well you played the hand or what your bet sizes were.