You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (13th/14th)

edited November 2010 in The Football Corner
A miserable midweek for me with precisely zero winners :(

Never mind though, the weekend's here & I've got another chance to claw some back :)

2 Bets for me initially this weekend

Main Bet:

Bournemouth to beat Walsall (H) @ 4/6
Chesterfield to beat Burton (H) @ 8/11
Torquay to beat Barnet (H) @ 8/13
Berwick to beat Clyde (H) @ 4/6

These 4 pay a very decent 13/2 so I've had a tenner on.

Bournemouth have been one of the surprise packages in league 1 this season & currently find themselves 1 point & 1 place outside of the play off places which is really good going for a side who were expected to be fighting relegation this year. They're strong at home with only one defeat there in the league this season, and they even gave high scoring Peterborough a 5-1 thrashing thre as well. Rock bottom Walsall roll into town tomorrow & they're in poor form at the moment. They come into this game having taken only 1 point from their last 4 games home or away & have just 1 win on the road all season.
Only one side has come away from a trip to Chesterfield with any points this season & that was when Crewe managed a point in that amazing 5-5 draw at the beginning of last month. Chesterfield have won the other 7 games played at the B2Net so far & they should make that 8 tomorrow. It's Burtons away form which is holding them back so far this term with no wins from 7 attempts so far. They have picked up 3 draws in those games although 2 of those came against the divisions bottom 2 teams, Lincoln & Barnet.
Torquay started the season well winning their opening four games. They had a little wobble after that but have picked up again with only 1 defeat in their last 6 (they've won their last 2). They play host to rock bottom Barnet who have won none, drawn 1 & lost 6 on the road this season. In those 7 games they've conceded a whopping 20 goals in the process!
I usually try & leave the Scottish games well alone but felt that this one was worth the risk. Clyde are bottom of the 3rd division with only 1 win in 11 attempts so far this season. Surprisingly that solitary victory actually came on the road against Queens Park, although having said that, Queens Park are only 1 place above Clyde in the table. Berwick are currently in 5th place in the league but have lost only 1 game all season. Their biggest problem has been drawing too many games but they should get back to winning ways here. They've already met Clyde once in the league this season & they won that game 4-1 away from from home.

Goals Galore Long Shot:

West ham/Blackpool - Over 2.5 goals @ 8/13
Burnley/Watford - Over 2.5 goals @ 8/11
Peterborough/Charlton - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/6
Stoke/Liverpool - Under 2.5 goals @ 4/6
Forest/QPR - Both to score @ 4/5
Swindon/Colchester - Both to score @ 8/11
Brentford/MK Dons - Both to score @ 4/5
Portsmouth/Doncaster - Both to score @ 4/6

Being a long shot this does exactly what it says on the tin & potentially pays a big 71/1 so only a quid here.

Anyone wanting to take a risk on a single long shot might want to back Blackpool to win at Upton Park tomorrow (I can't believe I've just written that!). They're currently 10/3 which is way too big. Their "reserves" only narrowly lost at Villa on Wednesday night & they've already beaten Wigan, Newcastle & Liverpool on their own patches as well. I've got a free £15 bet to use & as much as it pains me to even think about it, I might just risk it here to potentially pick up £50 for nothing.

Good luck if you're having a go

Jay

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Hi guys

£10 treble
     Barclays Premier LeagueWolves v BoltonTeams to Score 13/11/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 5/6
     Barclays Premier LeagueTottenham v BlackburnTeams to Score 13/11/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 5/6
     Npower League 1Brentford v MK DonsTeams to Score 13/11/2010 15:00Both teams to score @ 4/5
    £5 acca
     Npower ChampionshipMillwall v Sheff. UtdUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 13/11/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
     Npower ChampionshipCrystal Palace v CoventryUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 13/11/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
     Npower League 1Sheff. Wed v RochdaleUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 13/11/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 4/5
     Npower League 1Carlisle v SouthamptonUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 13/11/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 5/6
     Npower League 2Chesterfield v Burton AlbionUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 13/11/2010 15:00Over 2.5 Goals @ 4/6
     Npower League 2Gillingham v CreweUnder/Over 2.5 Goals 13/11/2010 15:00Under 2.5 Goals @ 10/11
    Be lucky

achill
  • edited November 2010
    Had a £5 treble on Villa, N'castle and Stoke @ 40/1

How Villa didn't win that game I'll never know.

Another £5 on N'castle, Stoke, Ipswich & Sheff Wed @ 21/1
  • edited November 2010
    Well that's another losing day & tbh, I don't think I can do this much more. It feels as though everything is conspiring against me right now & I can't seem to get anything right (& that includes at the tables too).

I don't think I'll be posting any selections for a bit & tbh I don't know if I'm gonna bother betting for a while anyway but good luck to everyone else.

Jay
  • edited November 2010

Had my 1st football bet yesterday since my £300 win the other week for 6 selections

Wasn,t gonna bother but after watching the live feed from the GUKPT yesterday , the commentator expressed his suprise at the price of a 0-0 draw between Blackpool and West Ham today on a certain betting exchange ( 18.5 decimal - so 17 and a half to one)

Was suprised at the price myself as most bookies you would get 8/1, so put a tenner on my account and placed £3 on the 0-0.

i was a little bit gutted at 1st as I didn,t put more on but if I hadn,t been watching the live feed i wouldn,t have had a bet at all so happy days again with the footy betting