You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

raise - 5x BB i re raise 20xbb 3callers.

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
In Response to raise - 5x BB i re raise 20xbb 3callers.:
Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance xx  Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £6.07 shaun09 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £13.54   Your hole cards K A       oo  Raise   £0.40 £0.52 £8.04 yy  Call   £0.40 £0.92 £9.50 kayemel Fold         tanj Fold         xx  Call   £0.36 £1.28 £5.71 shaun09 Raise   £1.60 £2.88 £11.94 oo  Call   £1.28 £4.16 £6.76 yyl Call   £1.28 £5.44 £8.22 xx Call   £1.28 £6.72 £4.43 Flop     A 7 7       xx  Check       Sorry for the names :D it gets checked to me, What are you now doing? Checking? (isint that to obviouse you have hit?) bet big, or bet small? Obviously if i bet and get raised all in, i have to re evaluate as they should have called for value with 67 suited once 3 players have called 1.60 Im asuming by there calling that they have some sort of decent hand< but couldnt put them on any hands, mayb 2 of them had pocket pairs and one had kq suited, i dont really know what was in there ranges, i do know 00 is loose and plays alot of hands, and calls big bets down streets to chase there straight or flush. yy from what i have seen plays good starting hands, not like j2+ ect like some of these people do, Any ideas?
Posted by shaun09
I just shove. If they got 7 fair play. But the pots big enough to take there.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xx Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £6.07
    shaun09 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £13.54
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

oo Raise  £0.40 £0.52 £8.04
    yy Call  £0.40 £0.92 £9.50
    kayemel Fold     
    tanj Fold     
    xx Call  £0.36 £1.28 £5.71
    shaun09 Raise  £1.60 £2.88 £11.94
    oo Call  £1.28 £4.16 £6.76
    yyCall  £1.28 £5.44 £8.22
    xxCall  £1.28 £6.72 £4.43
    Flop

• A

xx Check    
    Sorry for the names :D it gets checked to me, What are you now doing? Checking? (isint that to obviouse you have hit?) bet big, or bet small?

Obviously if i bet and get raised all in, i have to re evaluate as they should have called for value with 67 suited once 3 players have called 1.60

Im asuming by there calling that they have some sort of decent hand< but couldnt put them on any hands, mayb 2 of them had pocket pairs and one had kq suited, i dont really know what was in there ranges,

i do know 00 is loose and plays alot of hands, and calls big bets down streets to chase there straight or flush.
    yy from what i have seen plays good starting hands, not like j2+ ect like some of these people do,
    Any ideas?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to raise - 5x BB i re raise 20xbb 3callers.:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance xx  Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £6.07 shaun09 Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £13.54   Your hole cards K A       oo  Raise   £0.40 £0.52 £8.04 yy  Call   £0.40 £0.92 £9.50 kayemel Fold         tanj Fold         xx  Call   £0.36 £1.28 £5.71 shaun09 Raise   £1.60 £2.88 £11.94 oo  Call   £1.28 £4.16 £6.76 yyl Call   £1.28 £5.44 £8.22 xx Call   £1.28 £6.72 £4.43 Flop     A 7 7       xx  Check       Sorry for the names :D it gets checked to me, What are you now doing? Checking? (isint that to obviouse you have hit?) bet big, or bet small? Obviously if i bet and get raised all in, i have to re evaluate as they should have called for value with 67 suited once 3 players have called 1.60 Im asuming by there calling that they have some sort of decent hand< but couldnt put them on any hands, mayb 2 of them had pocket pairs and one had kq suited, i dont really know what was in there ranges, i do know 00 is loose and plays alot of hands, and calls big bets down streets to chase there straight or flush. yy from what i have seen plays good starting hands, not like j2+ ect like some of these people do, Any ideas?
    Posted by shaun09
    My opinion fwiw is a bet of £3 or so & call the inevitable check raise - most likely your up againsts pocket pairs of some description - only hand your really fearing here is AA if you discount 67, 78 etc as likely to value bet. If you lose to slowplaying AA oh well.

Iv found at this level this is consistant with A10+ pre so will likely get a move from Aq, AJ, A10
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: raise - 5x BB i re raise 20xbb 3callers.:
    In Response to raise - 5x BB i re raise 20xbb 3callers. : My opinion fwiw is a bet of £3 or so & call the inevitable check raise - most likely your up againsts pocket pairs of some description - only hand your really fearing here is AA if you discount 67, 78 etc as likely to value bet. If you lose to slowplaying AA oh well. Iv found at this level this is consistant with A10+ pre so will likely get a move from Aq, AJ, A10
    Posted by Ploppy33
    fully agree with this point
  • edited November 2010
    Well thats what i thought, If they have even a9+ they will bet out here or call a raise on that flop
  • edited November 2010
    get it all in here, if someone has a7 gl to them
  • edited November 2010
    They all have about a po t sized bet left, so just bet pot.
  • edited November 2010
    shaun09 Bet  £3.36 £10.08 £8.58

So i done right by betting this amount?
  • edited November 2010
    To be honest shaun if you're betting half pot then you really should at least just pot bet or even shove here.

You've already put in ~£5 so if any of them come over the top are you ever folding? I know I'm not.
  • edited November 2010
    Looking at the stacks i am assuming you have been winning alot of pots against them all except yy (unless he just went busto and reloaded). Is this the case????

If it is then i know what im doing here.
  • edited November 2010
    Easy shove, surely most hands with a 7 would have folded pre-flop except the unlikely 77, AA would have got it all-in pre-flop (though at micro stakes just about anything can happen, I expect one of them is in the pot with a junk hand or hits a miracle runner-runner).
  • edited November 2010
    If i went all in pre flop after there 40p raise, they would just all fold, Because if they were willing to go all in preflop then they would of shoved me re re raise surley?

tapeworm, im assuming it dont really matter wether i put it in now or turn, as you can see from my bet and so can they that im not going any were, so if they shove then i call, I think the 3.80 bet does the same job as a shove.
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    lol what job are you trying to do?

just don't check and don't fold and its fine.
  • edited November 2010
    i would either shove, bet really really small or check
  • edited November 2010
    The rason I ask, is that for that amount of people to call at these stakes usually means you have been running the table with agressive play and the other people at the table are getting annoyed and not believing you have a solid hand - tilting in the best possible way.

Unfortuantly the fact remains that you have 3 people in the pot with you....so yes there is a chance they have a 7 - especially if they are tilting but are you going to lay your hand down based on that - no. I reckon apart from that you are up against some pocket pairs and A-rags or face cards.....all of which leave you in good shape. (apart from A7 Obv!!!)

Im betting out here - pot sized and revalute if played back at.
  • edited November 2010
    I would bet a bit less than half. then u get random A's coming along