You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i play this right?

min raise due to being low pp, didnt want to risk too much if flop came terrible.

as you see hit set but flush waiting, expected a shove after my reraise if someone hit or was chasing...

turn came and checked to see where villain was, river seemed safe and felt in front...prob should of shoved? obv my bet is big(ish) but his stack to mine...

opinions :)
tandcanda1 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £14.79
smather Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £17.09
  Your hole cards

kenny854 Call   £0.20 £0.50 £4.61
Scottomus0 Raise   £0.40 £0.90 £5.72
paroch Call   £0.40 £1.30 £14.18
tandcanda1 Fold        
smather Call   £0.20 £1.50 £16.89
kenny854 Call   £0.20 £1.70 £4.41
Flop

smather Bet   £0.20 £1.90 £16.69
kenny854 Fold        
Scottomus0 Raise   £1.78 £3.68 £3.94
paroch Call   £1.78 £5.46 £12.40
smather Fold        
Turn

• Q

Scottomus0 Check        
paroch Check        
River

Scottomus0 Bet   £2.73 £8.19 £1.21
paroch Raise   £5.46 £13.65 £6.94
Scottomus0 All-in   £1.21 £14.86 £0.00
paroch Unmatched bet   £1.52 £13.34 £8.46
Scottomus0 Show

paroch Show
  • A

paroch Win Flush to the Ace £12.67   £21.13

Comments

• edited November 2010
    check/call river
  • edited November 2010
    You can't ever justify a min raise in a cash game in my opinion, you  have to be willing to take control of the hand and try to represent something stronger than you have if you miss, your reasons for min raising are flawed to say the least and you'll become very easy to read if you keep getting to showdown with hands like these.

The raise on the flop i like but with him just flatting i'd be extremely suspicious, however if you put him on a spade  DRAW why are we checking this turn? you get alot more information if you bet out and he calls or raises than you do if he checks behind, plus your basically saying i'll give you a chance to hit your flush! We have to lead the turn imo and if he calls that i look to check call the river unless we fill up of course.
  • edited November 2010

the min raise pre is doing nothing but inflating the pot. You have the chance to buy position with a not to shabby hand...... you need to raise big, flat call and set mine or fold pre. Never get involved multi way with this hand where possible.

Secondly your bet on the flop (you are mighty unlucky to have an oppo hit a made) means that if he calls  - which he does - you are all in on turn come what may, due to your stack size, you cannot bet the turn or river giving bad odds on any draws - which is what im more worried about here rather than the made flush.

The river bet is not doing anything but giving odds to call with any draw.

I am still going broke in this hand - but all in on flop - 9/10 im ahead and i dont want any draws......if they wants em they can pay or em

• edited November 2010
    BET THE TURN. villain is going to have overs with a spade or random pair and spade so much that not betting the turn is just disastorous for our hand.

as played i definately bet the river because hes going to check back 4x 7x random pocket pairs with a spade when he would call a bet figuring you ahve a bsuted flush draw.

preflop my open raise sizes are dependant on position, stacksizes & other players at the table, NOT holecards.
  • edited November 2010

i've seen a number of threads from you where you have min raised pre.

It's probably something you should cut out of your game.

• edited November 2010
    nail on the head.

think with any raise he'd be calling tbf
  • edited November 2010
    if hes calling any raise pre you should want to make it more
  • edited November 2010

"He would have called anyway" must be the must frustrating line in poker.
  • edited November 2010
    i meant with his cards he was playing in this hand.