You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

List of improvements

edited November 2010 in Community Suggestions
This is a list of everthing Jokerstars has that is better than Sky Joker.

*Better rake back,
*Better loylety scheme,
*Better table resizing,
*Hand replayer,
*Compatible with a HUD,
*Multi table waiting lists,
*Late registration for MTTs,
*Mutli currency account option(the main reason I think Sky Joker doesn't attract many people outside the UK),
*9max main event torneys,
*Better structures for torneys,
*Time bank,
*Satellites to torneys.
*Satellites to main events not just the WSOP, 
*WSOOP or similar,
*Deep stack tables,
*Ante tables,
*All forms of poker even new forms such as rush poker,
*Better looking software,
*Would famous pros indorsing the site,
*Ability to upload your own avatar,
*Auto rebuys.

Can anyone think of anymore?

This is a list of everthing Sky Joker has that is better than Jokerstars.

*Richard Orford....LOL

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to List of improvements:
    This is a list of everthing Jokerstars has that is better than Sky Joker. *Better rake back, *Better loylety scheme, *Better table resizing, *Hand replayer, *Compatible with a HUD, *Multi table waiting lists, *Late registration for MTTs, *Mutli currency account option(the main reason I think Sky Joker doesn't attract many people outside the UK), *9max main event torneys, *Better structures for torneys, *Time bank, *Satellites to torneys. *Satellites to main events not just the WSOP,  *WSOOP or similar, *Deep stack tables, *Ante tables, *All forms of poker even new forms such as rush poker, *Better looking software, *Would famous pros indorsing the site, *Ability to upload your own avatar, *Auto rebuys. Can anyone think of anymore? This is a list of everthing Sky Joker has that is better than Jokerstars. *Richard Orford....LOL
    Posted by dub1
    Sky Poker has less population. *JokerStars* has tournaments filled with 2000 people for actual buy ins and for freerolls 9000. Takes too long and gets way too boring.
    *SkyJoker* Poker takes less time.
     And Where you been? Sky does do Satellites to tourneys. Every day runs a satellite to either the 15k Bounty Hunter or the TSP 2000.

The structures are faster on Sky tournies. Average tournies on *JokerStars* is 15 mins which is way too long. Skys is 10 mins. Maybe one tournie that runs at 12 mins (which don't quote me but I think is a Bounty Hunter).
    The Community on Sky is more lively and happy filled. Its a smaller and friendlier atmosphere. JokerStars however does not have a very good community to talk to or even enjoy your poker with.

Sky won't really attract multi nationals as Sky is UK based anyway unless your a UK citizen who has a Sky Digital Dish hooked up abroad (which are mostly on UK bases abroad).  The currency has nothing to do with people joining Sky. Its just not advertised abroad except maybe perhaps on BBC?? Which plays in certain European Countries such as Holland that they don't really watch anyway.

Rush poker is the only good thing on there, i'm sure one day Sky may create there own version as are other sites with there *speed* poker. Sky isn't an OLD poker site and is viewed as a New Poker site.

On another note multi nationals will more than likely sign up for Sky once the download version is complete. A lot of people do not like the hassle of using Java based client ssuch as Explorer or Mozilla to play there poker. This can be a big pain to many who travel often or are out a lot on there laptops on a Mobile Dongle :P It swallows there GB usage.

All in all, GIVE THE PLACE A CHANCE!! :P JokerStars is old and gets boring very fast :D Now if you want to compare sites use something better than JokerStars such as PKR :/ lmao
  • edited November 2010
    This is a list of everthing Jokerstars has that is better than Sky Joker. *Better rake back, *Better loylety scheme, *Better table resizing, *Hand replayer, *Compatible with a HUD, *Multi table waiting lists, *Late registration for MTTs, *Mutli currency account option(the main reason I think Sky Joker doesn't attract many people outside the UK), *9max main event torneys, *Better structures for torneys, *Time bank, *Satellites to torneys. *Satellites to main events not just the WSOP,  *WSOOP or similar, *Deep stack tables, *Ante tables, *All forms of poker even new forms such as rush poker, *Better looking software, *Would famous pros indorsing the site, *Ability to upload your own avatar, *Auto rebuys. Can anyone think of anymore? This is a list of everthing Sky Joker has that is better than Jokerstars. *RICHARD ORFORD....LOL
    Posted by dub1

who is richard??? :P
  • edited November 2010
    This is a list of everthing Jokerstars has that is better than Sky Joker. *Better rake back, *Better loylety scheme, *Better table resizing, *Hand replayer, *Compatible with a HUD, *Multi table waiting lists, *Late registration for MTTs, *Mutli currency account option(the main reason I think Sky Joker doesn't attract many people outside the UK), *9max main event torneys, *Better structures for torneys, *Time bank, *Satellites to torneys. *Satellites to main events not just the WSOP,  *WSOOP or similar, *Deep stack tables, *Ante tables, *All forms of poker even new forms such as rush poker, *Better looking software, *Would famous pros indorsing the site, *Ability to upload your own avatar, *Auto rebuys. Can anyone think of anymore? This is a list of everthing Sky Joker has that is better than Jokerstars. *Richard Orford....LOL
    Posted by dub1

1 -Although I agree, the rb/cfp/loyalty could be a lot better, it is prob one of the reasons the site isnt full of sharks or rb pros who play breakeven poker that you need huge coolers to stack.

2 - HUD/pt/hem etc is another reason the grinders stay away......which is a good thing. I want to be up against a card player, not a statistics analyst.

3 - Im not sure why this is a problem.  Everyone knows the British are the worst poker players in the world lol.

4 - well they introduced omaha, which is probably the most popular form of poker apart from holdem, and it hardly gets played. I once saw 1 table of hi lo running, and I think that was a ptp night or something.  Really wouldnt make sense to introduce more.

The rest of the stuff I agree with.

edit - Its the excess cfp that skypoker really has to look into
  • ybyb
    edited November 2010
    Don't you enjoy the site being soft then?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: List of improvements:
    In Response to List of improvements : Sky Poker has less population. *JokerStars* has tournaments filled with 2000 people for actual buy ins and for freerolls 9000. Takes too long and gets way too boring. *SkyJoker* Poker takes less time.  And Where you been? Sky does do Satellites to tourneys. Every day runs a satellite to either the 15k Bounty Hunter or the TSP 2000. The structures are faster on Sky tournies. Average tournies on *JokerStars* is 15 mins which is way too long. Skys is 10 mins. Maybe one tournie that runs at 12 mins (which don't quote me but I think is a Bounty Hunter). The Community on Sky is more lively and happy filled. Its a smaller and friendlier atmosphere. JokerStars however does not have a very good community to talk to or even enjoy your poker with. Sky won't really attract multi nationals as Sky is UK based anyway unless your a UK citizen who has a Sky Digital Dish hooked up abroad (which are mostly on UK bases abroad).  The currency has nothing to do with people joining Sky. Its just not advertised abroad except maybe perhaps on BBC?? Which plays in certain European Countries such as Holland that they don't really watch anyway. Rush poker is the only good thing on there, i'm sure one day Sky may create there own version as are other sites with there *speed* poker. Sky isn't an OLD poker site and is viewed as a New Poker site. On another note multi nationals will more than likely sign up for Sky once the download version is complete. A lot of people do not like the hassle of using Java based client ssuch as Explorer or Mozilla to play there poker. This can be a big pain to many who travel often or are out a lot on there laptops on a Mobile Dongle :P It swallows there GB usage. All in all, GIVE THE PLACE A CHANCE!! :P JokerStars is old and gets boring very fast :D Now if you want to compare sites use something better than JokerStars such as PKR :/ lmao
    Posted by Razbo

Can't really tell whether you're joking or not...Stars in the market leader and is by far the best site out there. OP outlines some very good points which would be fairly easy to implement and would make the whole playing experience much better, and would also attract many more players. Rush Poker btw is/will be patented by Full Tilt so don't think that will be possible.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: List of improvements:
    In Response to List of improvements : 1 -Although I agree, the rb/cfp/loyalty could be a lot better, it is prob one of the reasons the site isnt full of sharks or rb pros who play breakeven poker that you need huge coolers to stack. 2 - HUD/pt/hem etc is another reason the grinders stay away......which is a good thing. I want to be up against a card player, not a statistics analyst. 3 - Im not sure why this is a problem.  Everyone knows the British are the worst poker players in the world lol. 4 - well they introduced omaha, which is probably the most popular form of poker apart from holdem, and it hardly gets played. I once saw 1 table of hi lo running, and I think that was a ptp night or something.  Really wouldnt make sense to introduce more. The rest of the stuff I agree with. edit - Its the excess cfp that skypoker really has to look into
    Posted by OMahonyO
    What about the French & Italians...play much worse imo.