You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

well played scotty/ if i call is that a bad call?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic

I obv put scotty on rivered flush with him shoving making it look like a bluff/ rivered flush.  

Question is if I call is that just spew?  As I said I know Scotty has either air  or the nuts, having played with him very regularily.

PS: please check out my post in the shed: 'Look at this, it will make you smile!'

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancecyberdogSmall blind £0.25£0.25£37.37swiperBig blind £0.50£0.75£113.51 Your hole cards8A   NODEALFold    BIGSHANNRaise £2.50£3.25£51.18scotty77Call £2.50£5.75£93.65courty59Fold    cyberdogFold    swiperFold    Flop  J5A   BIGSHANNCheck    scotty77Check    Turn  7   BIGSHANNBet £4.31£10.06£46.87scotty77Call £4.31£14.37£89.34River  6   BIGSHANNBet £5.50£19.87£41.37scotty77All-in £89.34£109.21£0.00BIGSHANNFold    scotty77Show36   scotty77Win £24.10 £24.10scotty77Return £83.84£1.27£107.94

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Don't put results or villains hand etc as that will skew replies.

I don't think scotty ever has a flush here once he checks back the flop, when you bet the river that weak you're asking to be bluffed as you will most likely cbet a flopped fd, i'd bet call the river here.

also raise less pre. if you're losing i'd expect it to be to like 48cc or 89cc something like that that made a straight.
  • edited November 2010
    thanks for advice.

Have you voted?
  • edited November 2010
    i think he shouldn't of shown
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: well played scotty/ if i call is that a bad call?:
    Don't put results or villains hand etc as that will skew replies. I don't think scotty ever has a flush here once he checks back the flop, when you bet the river that weak you're asking to be bluffed as you will most likely cbet a flopped fd, i'd bet call the river here. also raise less pre. if you're losing i'd expect it to be to like 48cc or 89cc something like that that made a straight.
    Posted by beaneh
    I agree with most of Beaneh's comments here.  However I'd favour the check/call versus a player like Scotty on the river.  When I first read through the hand I would have been much more worried about the straight rather than the flush.

Not a massive fan of getting excited with A8 tbh.  Why didn't you bet the flop?  You've hit your hand but it's far too weak to trap or slow play on that board.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: well played scotty/ if i call is that a bad call? : I agree with most of Beaneh's comments here.  However I'd favour the check/call versus a player like Scotty on the river.  When I first read through the hand I would have been much more worried about the straight rather than the flush. Not a massive fan of getting excited with A8 tbh.  Why didn't you bet the flop?  You've hit your hand but it's far too weak to trap or slow play on that board.
    Posted by TommyD

I don't get to the river like this to bet cawl, but once I've bet so small having played the preceeding streets as bigs did I'd call this river raise as it is FOS! 
  • edited November 2010
    surprised that you had A8o tbh!

personally I'd check/call that river vs me.  I wouldn't be betting....sometimes I'll be paying you off with worse like QJ or something....

and zing i won't bluff shann again for like a year so i don't mind showing :p
  • edited November 2010
    thanks for your advice guys,

PS: Have you voted!!!
  • edited November 2010
    surprised that you had A8o tbh! personally I'd check/call that river vs me.  I wouldn't be betting....sometimes I'll be paying you off with worse like QJ or something.... and zing i won't bluff shann again for like a year so i don't mind showing :p
    Posted by scotty77
    Oi you ;o) you told me in a post this morning that a call of 5xbb with 7 8 off was a no no,now ive seen you call with 3 6 suited is there that much of a difference? xxx
  • edited November 2010

He's playing with 200xbb's
  • edited November 2010
    He's playing with 200xbb's
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Fair point
  • edited November 2010
    me/shann and a couple of other players at the table have a huge history together over years.

me and shann especially have battles multiple times per day.  we both play back at each other with air.

we can do this as we have knowledge of each others games and therefore don't need cards.  if the sky poker rng suddenly dealt us 2 jokers then we'd prob still play.

to start this kind of game vs random 'mental players' is suicide.
  • edited November 2010
    me/shann and a couple of other players at the table have a huge history together over years. me and shann especially have battles multiple times per day.  we both play back at each other with air. we can do this as we have knowledge of each others games and therefore don't need cards.  if the sky poker rng suddenly dealt us 2 jokers then we'd prob still play. to start this kind of game vs random 'mental players' is suicide.
    Posted by scotty77

but you're a random mental lol
  • ACAACA
    edited November 2010