You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

STEP STTS FOR BIGGER GAMES

ckdckd
edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
they have this on other sites, they call them ladders i think. personally i could never see the point of them. Why not just play normal games where you win cash prize money and then enter a tourney of your choice with the winnings, this idea is like when you used to play fruit machines and they paid out in tokens and you could only use them on that machine, or the prize is 1000000 tokens to be exchanged for a pencil. Sky do run Q F/S F sats anyway into games.

Comments

• ckdckd
    edited November 2010

i would like to see some step stts into bigger tournies

6 seats 1st gets a ticket into step 2 and so on

i think this would be good for both sky and players as sky would get more rake players would get a better chance and the big games would get more players

i know you have sats for the games but people like me who seem to go ok then get hit big and goes out just be4 the seat would have a better shot and also give you a chance to play whenever you want to

primo

step 1 - £0.30+0.03= £1.80 pot
    step 2 - £1.70+0.10tt = £10.20 pot    2nd place gets a step 1tt      £9.87 pot
    step 3 - £9.45+0.42tt = £56.70 pot  - £55 for entry into primo and 2nd place gets step 2tt 

bounty hunter

step 1 - £0.18+0.02 = £1.08
    step 2 - £1.04+0.04tt = £6.24 pot        2nd place gets a step 1tt   £6.02 pot
    step 3 - £5.72+0.30tt = £34.32 pot      2nd gets step 2tt 3rd gets step 1 tt

just a thought

i think it will bring alot more players to the main games which will add to the prize and those with very small br can go for it. i know the rake is not that good for sky but with the extra players in the main games the rake there will show for them

just a rought idea what do u think
  • edited November 2010
    steps are a good idea imo. goooo ckd
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: step stts:
    they have this on other sites, they call them ladders i think. personally i could never see the point of them. Why not just play normal games where you win cash prize money and then enter a tourney of your choice with the winnings, this idea is like when you used to play fruit machines and they paid out in tokens and you could only use them on that machine, or the prize is 1000000 tokens to be exchanged for a pencil. Sky do run Q F/S F sats anyway into games.
    Posted by loonytoons
    sats to the primo are £2.64 with 1 in 5 going throught to semi  semi is £12 odd with 1 in 5  for those who play 30p 60p 1.15 dym that £2.64 could be a big piece of there br with the steps there is 3 steps for alot lower buy in and a better chance for low end players to play in these games without  the risk of there br  plus i think it will bring alot more players to the games
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: step stts : sats to the primo are £2.64 with 1 in 5 going throught to semi  semi is £12 odd with 1 in 5  for those who play 30p 60p 1.15 dym that £2.64 could be a big piece of there br with the steps there is 3 steps for alot lower buy in and a better chance for low end players to play in these games without  the risk of there br  plus i think it will bring alot more players to the games
    Posted by ckd
    Hi ckd

today, a new tier of sats had been added for the Primo at £1.32 1 in 10 went through.
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: step stts : Hi ckd today, a new tier of sats had been added for the Primo at £1.32 1 in 10 went through.
    Posted by acebarry10
    hi barry

i have seen them today not seen many in them thought  theres only a hand full of sats that end up being played at least with the steps it runs when 6 are sat for it plus £1.32 for 1 in 10 or .33p 1 in 6

i think with the steps it will open it up alot more and would be alot better for all including sky
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2010

i just seen the post about the cash 300   could run steps for that to at low buy in  at least it gives a chance to  
     all then
  • edited November 2010
    CKD i like this idea, but while on the subject of S&G's

Id like to see more of the big S&G things, like the 180 seaters they have on other sites.
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: STEP STTS FOR BIGGER GAMES:
    CKD i like this idea, but while on the subject of S&G's Id like to see more of the big S&G things, like the 180 seaters they have on other sites.
    Posted by The_Don90
    yeah they would be cool  at least this way gives every1 at every stake a shot to play in the bigger games on sky
    and that to me would bring alot more players to sky and give alot more prize pools in my eyes
  • edited November 2010
    i like the idea of the steps for primo and bh like you have suggested just wondering if they would fill...

• ckdckd
    edited November 2010
    i like the idea of the steps for primo and bh like you have suggested just wondering if they would fill...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    if you had them in stt and start when full i think they would fill very fast and be very popular to most 
  • edited November 2010
    CKD i like this idea, but while on the subject of S&G's Id like to see more of the big S&G things, like the 180 seaters they have on other sites.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I dont think 180 as they would never run imo, think we should at least bring back 18 seaters as i have brought up many times! maybe even 36 as a trial? although i do ok on STT used to when they were 18 seaters and better way to win some money
  • edited November 2010
    I find that the major problem with the semi final satellites is that they take too long. To satellite into the Primo on sunday took nearly 2 hours, why do these games have 10 minute blinds when Primo Direct sats only have 5 minute blinds?

• edited November 2010
    I find that the major problem with the semi final satellites is that they take too long. To satellite into the Primo on sunday took nearly 2 hours, why do these games have 10 minute blinds when Primo Direct sats only have 5 minute blinds?
    Posted by ZEON49

Sorry to point out thats contradictory first you say they are too long! then point out ME 10 mins which is longer?
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Young Gun, Primo Direct sats have 5 minute blinds and usually a small number of players (not many tickets) whilst the Primo SEMI Final has 10 minute blinds and usually a large number of players and therefore lots of tickets. Why is there a difference in the blind levels? I don't have time to play the satellite into the semi then the semi final and then the Primo Tournament around 8 hours all together if you are lucky enough to get to the final table. I don't have the bankroll to pay to play any other way.
  • ckdckd
    edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    ftp has this it was for a main event package but now it's a $12k package of choice.

0. 1.10 entry wins 3.30 step 1 ticket (90 runners sup turbo)
    1. 3.30 entry stt 9 players 1st/2nd gets a step 2 ticket 8.70 3rd-5th gets step 1 ticket
    2. 8.70 entry stt 9 players 1st/2nd step 3 ticket 26 dollars

then once you have a step 3 ticket you can use it on any tournament / stt of your choice.

so.....

sky does 6 players so i will try work it :P.

up to primo .... 55 pounds could be 16.50 buy in giving 90 pounds net and 9 for sky

so would pay 1st 55 primo entry and 2nd pays either 35 pounds or 2nd / 3rd given the buy in back in the form of the step before..... i know my math isn't exact because 2 pounds is left over but i am sure sky will work it out exact.

5.50 buy in gives 30 pounds net and 3 pound to sky

which is 1st gets entry and 2nd/3rd gets £5.50 step ticket back leaving 2.50 left over and again sky could look at it.

1.65 entry = 9 pounds and 90p to sky 

which 1st would get 5.50 tourney step and 2/3rd get 1.65 step back leaving £0.20
    =======

this is just an example.... sky could make it more like double your moneys or anything but sky could allow the steps to buy into any existing tournament but i am sure they could sort something.