You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

And sometimes u wonder y this site is slated (I rest my case)

2»

Comments

• edited May 2011

His call pre flop would be worse if he only had 1 opponent.

• ACAACA
    edited May 2011
    He did call pre with only 1 opponent, and me behind, he then called again after a re-raise and a call, so was this bad play or really bad play ........lol
  • edited May 2011
    But you cant really criticise a site based on how its players chose to play, surely?

Pays your money you takes your chances, same as anywhere.  How is that a reflection on the site??
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: And sometimes u wonder y this site is slated (I rest my case):
    But you cant really criticise a site based on how its players chose to play, surely? Pays your money you takes your chances, same as anywhere.  How is that a reflection on the site??
    Posted by AMYBR
    AMYBR have you got some sort of youth serum? I'm sure you naver looked like this last week.And does your dad know your gambling.

The youth of today seem to start everything so much younger nowadays sheesh
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: And sometimes u wonder y this site is slated (I rest my case):
    In Response to Re: And sometimes u wonder y this site is slated (I rest my case) : AMYBR have you got some sort of youth serum? I'm sure you naver looked like this last week.And does your dad know your gambling. The youth of today seem to start everything so much younger nowadays sheesh
    Posted by snorky
    Odd, its still blank for me.  Yup thats my youngest daughter, soft lad.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: And sometimes u wonder y this site is slated (I rest my case) : AMYBR have you got some sort of youth serum? I'm sure you naver looked like this last week.And does your dad know your gambling. The youth of today seem to start everything so much younger nowadays sheesh
    Posted by snorky
    ..says the bloke with a condom on his head! Grow up ffs :))
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: And sometimes u wonder y this site is slated (I rest my case) : ..says the bloke with a condom on his head! Grow up ffs :))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Where do you get your condoms from????????
  • edited May 2011
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance ACA Small blind   15.00 15.00 5335.00 eon1961 Big blind   30.00 45.00 4015.00   Your hole cards Q Q       supersuper Raise   120.00 165.00 4100.00 IsPossible Fold         judds Fold         blzbuble Call   120.00 285.00 4770.00 ACA Raise   420.00 705.00 4915.00 eon1961 Fold         supersuper Call   315.00 1020.00 3785.00 blzbuble Call   315.00 1335.00 4455.00 Flop     3 7 9       ACA All-in   4915.00 6250.00 0.00 supersuper Fold         blzbuble All-in   4455.00 10705.00 0.00 ACA Unmatched bet   460.00 10245.00 460.00 ACA Show Q Q       blzbuble Show A 8       Turn     2       River     10       blzbuble Win Flush to the Ace 10245.00   10245.00
    Posted by ACA
    he had 11 outs plus a over card so he chances were roughly a 40% shot, your poker seems back to front to me, but gl in your quest.
  • ACAACA
    edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: And sometimes u wonder y this site is slated (I rest my case) : he had 11 outs plus a over card so he chances were roughly a 40% shot, your poker seems back to front to me, but gl in your quest.
    Posted by ROBBIEROTT

Another 1 who has clearly missed the point (again), the point is he is willing to gamble at 40% for his tourney within the 1st 20 mins, I knew he had a flush draw and he knew I had an overpair, if your willing to call of your tourney on a draw early with only 40% at best, gl with ur quest.

p.s I dont need a pot odds calc, it's quite simple really every out is approx 2.5%

Just for you (again), this isn't a bb post re the guys allin call , I'm highlighting the problem with this site (hence the title), I'm questioning the standard of play ??, the button has called a raise, then re-raise with A rag against 2 (not 1 but 2) pre flop agressers and is still willin to put his tourney on the line early doors on a draw knowing he may be dead to anything but the diamond.
  • edited May 2011
    why do u want to play better players

move up levels imo
  • ACAACA
    edited May 2011
    I dont want to play better players, I just want the players who play badly to be punished financially, the way I run on here I get my money in good more often than not and lose the hand, I either very unlucky or the rng dont like me much.

fwiw it was a tourney not cash, there no level to move up to.
  • edited May 2011
    Again I ask how can you criticise a site based upon how its players elect how to play????

Its not as though the site appeals to a certain player style or skill level.  Players will play however they like whereever they like, how can you criticise the host site in relation to this??????

Also you talk of villain getting his chips in in first 20mins 40/60 on a flush draw.  One of you is doubling through by 3rd level! Its a good thing.

Despite this you give the guy a decision by backing him into a corner,  Pots substantial going to the flop, you open jam.  A selection of player types insta fold, but an equally viable selection of players happily snap it off looking to build a stack.  Neither approach definatively being wrong.

You jam 5k to win the 1k pot.  I'm not saying you do wrong but there are many other, more cautious, lines you could have taken not going broke.

Then the previouysly posted hand you limp UTG with 4s2s, looking to connect with a flop just like the Ad8d does !!!! Pffffffff  :p
  • edited May 2011

The bad players do get punished.

There aren't many bad players with winning records, although there are a few........But they're not completely clueless, they just do stupid things alot. lol. 

If you play enough games/hands of poker you WILL get what you deserve. 

There are good players who have flattering records, and good players who under-achieve,it's just another statistic to illustrate varience. Skope lolufold on sky. If you didn't know him, you'd think he didn't even know the rules.

But overall the best players get the money. Long term it always goes to those who deserve it.

There are thousands of examples of this, and very few examples of good losing players. 

Just get on with it ffs.
  • ACAACA
    edited May 2011
    Hi Amy

I've noticed you have posted directly re a number of my posts which I have no problem with what I do have a prob with is when you post mis or incorrect info re my post.

That many people limp, then a raise to 5xBB and you choose to call in the BB with 8Qo, is just really awful play no matter what.  Whatever happens post flop is immaterial.  You really should never have been in the hand bud.  Where is your advantage?  Your hand holds no strength at all.

If you look back at this hand you will see I raised the pot

Apology accepted I will answer your next post.
  • edited May 2011
    Couldnt be laughing harder :)

If I had seen what you had actually done I would have been far more critica :), No apology tendered, still just awful :)

So I take it you read my post, couldnt find enough to argue about so re posted this dead issue?

I'm pretty guilty of expecting a certain standard play at certain levels from Opponents bud, but I am the master of letting my ego interfere, seems you may have an element of the same problem. 

Its just extremely counter productive to make those moves at those levels, get stuck to the hand, then be frustrated at donkey.
  • ACAACA
    edited May 2011
    Again I ask how can you criticise a site based upon how its players elect how to play????

Its not as though the site appeals to a certain player style or skill level.  Players will play however they like whereever they like, how can you criticise the host site in relation to this??????

It is my opinion (and only my opinion) that the perceived/alleged large amount of big hand clashes on this site has generated/created a huge amount of players that are loose agressive and go chasing hands constantly, this undoubtedly is a good thing for the more skillful player, but when these guys chase hands the will hit sometimes say 40% of the time in this case, for my sins I seem to come up against these players when they hit. The work variance irks me a little

Also you talk of villain getting his chips in in first 20mins 40/60 on a flush draw.  One of you is doubling through by 3rd level! Its a good thing.

you are entitled to your opinion but I think getting your chips in behind in a 40/60 situation early in a tourney is bad play and I would not have called with the nut flush draw

Despite this you give the guy a decision by backing him into a corner,  Pots substantial going to the flop, you open jam.  A selection of player types insta fold, but an equally viable selection of players happily snap it off looking to build a stack.  Neither approach definatively being wrong.

You jam 5k to win the 1k pot.  I'm not saying you do wrong but there are many other, more cautious, lines you could have taken not going broke.

I shuv'd the pot at there were 2 callers pre the pot was 1K and I was not going to give 2 players a cheap shot with good pot odds 2 hit their gin card, I knew my Q's were ahead but were vulnerable on that flop

Then the previouysly posted hand you limp UTG with 4s2s, looking to connect with a flop just like the Ad8d does !!!! Pffffffff  :p

On the hand I limped with the 24, I was chip leader at the table they were all playing passively which was allowing me to see cheap flops from oop, everyone plays diff, I had an idea the pot would be limped and for 2/1 - 4/1 odds with my stack with 24 suited I'd do the same again.

I hope that answers your questions, any more I'd be happy to answer

Always a pleasure
    ACA
  • edited May 2011
    I wasnt asking questions!!! lol

I'm simply trying to demonstrate that a range of opponents will have different games/approaches to your own.

You may think the guys call is afull with the A8, to many players they are happy racing for the big pot early - even glad for the opportunity.  Some would say your shove is the right move, many would say it isnt (myself being one of them). 
    But you force villain to an expensive decision.  He makes his descision, wins race, thats it.  He bricks you love the call.  He hits.... well by shoving you pretty much no wht your up against.  The jam makes no sense if you think they'll gamble, unless you in turn went to gamble  big pot as slight favourite,, but then you cant really complain if they make their hand.

I knew what your reasoning was before you put it up.  But you have to remember that you cant control what people will do, nor expect them to make the same descisions as you yourself would.  It is incredibly frustrating, I know this, we all do.  But each person will do what they want to do.  This is simply what makes Poker, Poker.

As is most often the case Doh is correct.  Players who pick low equity high rish spots will kripple us from time to time, but be crushed in the long run.  They too are on their own learning curve.
  • edited May 2011

If everyone played perfectly, there would be no winning players ! ;)

• ACAACA
    edited May 2011
    Ok I'll try for the 3rd and final time

I am not questioning the guys call on the river, I think it's silly, you think I should have played small ball poker, and controlled the pot size, we all have different opinions and I guess that's y we love to play, I'm bringing into question how this guy managed to see the flop, through his pre flop limping, he could and would of done the same with As8s and would not have called the flop shuv (This hand is prob not the best example of point I'm trying to make a when the guy makes the nut draw he probably will call (that's y I shuv'd If the cards were turned face up I was still shuving), the was another player in the hand who folded ??

Again it is only my opinion , but this site in particular seems to have created a large number of loose aggro players that you may luv or hate, but without running good this makes it a minefield to navigate thru an MTT and difficult to pick up all those small pots without running like God. I've been playing here for a number of years but have noticed a sharp increase in these type of players recently ???

Maybe as I've discussed in the previous post it has a tenuous like to DJ and Elsa's post re rng's and big hand clashes.

Who knows, ????
  • edited May 2011
    Ok I'll try for the 3rd and final time I am not questioning the guys call on the river, I think it's silly, you think I should have played small ball poker, and controlled the pot size, we all have different opinions and I guess that's y we love to play, I'm bringing into question how this guy managed to see the flop, through his pre flop limping, he could and would of done the same with As8s and would not have called the flop shuv (This hand is prob not the best example of point I'm trying to make a when the guy makes the nut draw he probably will call (that's y I shuv'd If the cards were turned face up I was still shuving), the was another player in the hand who folded ?? Again it is only my opinion , but this site in particular seems to have created a large number of loose aggro players that you may luv or hate, but without running good this makes it a minefield to navigate thru an MTT and difficult to pick up all those small pots without running like God. I've been playing here for a number of years but have noticed a sharp increase in these type of players recently ??? Maybe as I've discussed in the previous post it has a tenuous like to DJ and Elsa's post re rng's and big hand clashes. Who knows, ????
    Posted by ACA
    Whatever your thoughts are ACA, posting individual hands on here is a complete waste of time. They will be analysed by those who get off on correcting other peoples play. No single hands will ever prove anything and no mega hand histories will either. We can all find fault with everyone else's game when viewed in hindsight without understanding the table dynamics leading up to the hand. Stop wasting your time posting hands - unless you are a closet masochist :o)
  • edited May 2011
    I fully agree with what you say about the minefield, to an extent that will always be poker in all its formats.

Can I ask what stakes this game is?  That is going to have a huge impact on the action.

I dont play online much these days for a variety of reasons.  I play live cash for good stakes and make a nice sum doing it by playing against people who just play bad plain and simple.

I truly get excited everytime I sit down at the table with these guys, knowing that - barring very very bad luck - my stack is just going to swell throughout the evening, pretty rapidly.  You need to be excited about the edge you have over this type of player.  But they are going to hurt you every now and then, I just try to keep the hurt cheap.  They dont think, understand or use the information at their disposal.....................but most importantly they dont seem to suckout on me as much.  Or perhaps I control the pace more effectively.  I think its more likely the two combined.

I do have issues with the action we see online,  I should have said this to begin with.  But I cant agree with what you have said based upon hands posted.  I am hugely happier since adjusting my focus back to live, no more going to bed spitting feathers :) I also think you get the confidence back in your game.