You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should we be calling here?

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
So i only checked cause there was a lot of limp calling despite raise amounts and didnt fancy going into a multi pot with K10 in the BB - was willing to let this one go and pick a better spot.

Still good flop comes down but with flush draw possibilities so I decide to bet pot, get called all way to river last flush card faced with all in......frustrating as it is (i realise i should not of checked the river now with hindsight)......what should I do here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
patch1974 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.89
tapeworm Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.70
  Your hole cards
  • K

ANT1967 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.06
gaz5e Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.78
Thepob Call  £0.04 £0.18 £1.18
xx Call  £0.04 £0.22 £3.32
patch1974 Fold     
tapeworm Check     
Flop

• K

tapeworm Bet  £0.22 £0.44 £3.48
ANT1967 Fold     
gaz5e Fold     
Thepob Fold     
xx Call  £0.22 £0.66 £3.10
Turn

• A

tapeworm Bet  £0.66 £1.32 £2.82
xx Call  £0.66 £1.98 £2.44
River

tapeworm Check     
xx All-in  £2.44 £4.42 £0.00
tapeworm ??   

Comments

• edited November 2010
    i think your beat here nearly everytime, hes not double floating with air, if he had say kx hes checking the river back with showdown value, i think the way you thought about and played this hand at this level is pretty good, i would bet fold the river half pot, check folding is good too
  • edited November 2010
    due to level i would say call

for some reason i reckon he has straight not flush QJ maybe 1 club, but so often at this level people suprise you will turn over rag ace, maybe even rivered 2 pair? call as at this level must be +1 cos the amount of donkeys that will make this play with single pair
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: should we be calling here?:
    due to level i would say call for some reason i reckon he has straight not flush QJ maybe 1 club, but so often at this level people suprise you will turn over rag ace, maybe even rivered 2 pair? call as at this level must be +1 cos the amount of donkeys that will make this play with single pair
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    you are absolutely spot on with your read - Q9os i think it was....cant remember
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: should we be calling here? : you are absolutely spot on with your read - Q9os i think it was....cant remember
    Posted by tapeworm

lol gotta be right sometime ty did you call?

edit- along the right lines but my guess was either QJ(straight or pair with 1 club) so not technically spot on ;o)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: should we be calling here? : lol gotta be right sometime ty did you call? edit- along the right lines but my guess was either QJ(straight or pair with 1 club) so not technically spot on ;o)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

yes - but with my eyes closed!!!!!