You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

now this one I AM moaning about

edited November 2010 in Area 51
not least of all beacause i had to put up with his stupid all ins pre that win against other players with A rag for my duration at the table. Go all in confident i have them both dominated - oh I do - Oh wait.........not anymore.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xx Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £0.79
tapeworm Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £5.32
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

xx Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.69
xx Fold     
xx Call  £0.02 £0.12 £0.77
tapeworm Raise  £0.16 £0.28 £5.16
xx Raise  £0.32 £0.60 £2.37
xx Call  £0.32 £0.92 £0.45
tapeworm All-in  £5.16 £6.08 £0.00
xx All-in  £2.37 £8.45 £0.00
xx All-in  £0.45 £8.90 £0.00
tapeworm Unmatched bet  £2.63 £6.27 £2.63
xx Show
  • A

tapeworm Show
  • K
  • A

xx Show
  • A

Flop

• K

Turn

River

xx Win Three 5s £5.79

Comments

• edited November 2010
    wat can u do, the poker gods were not smiling on you. excellent play as you have the other 2 dominated

just ul keep doing what your doing and the luck will turn my friend
  • edited November 2010
    in the same boat as you at the moment - going in ahead and being outdrawn on turn or river or, if they need it, both.
    Going to have to rethink my dealer bribes!!
    you did everything right - those 1 or 2 outers kill you everytime

oh well, on to the next hand
  • edited November 2010
    That's EXACTLY why I've stopped playing 2/4p. Most of the time my ABC was pulling me through but a few times yesterday exactly that happened but you learn not to put your entire stack on the line even with good hands at those blind levels. Calling that amount with a rag Ace pre-flop...they really must like gambling but it appears to pay off quite a bit :)
  • edited November 2010
    Got everytning you deserved, obviously dominated by the ace 5 donk rigged hand you were never going to win, it was an auto fold pre flop, learn how to play on sky
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: now this one I AM moaning about:
    learn how to play on sky
    Posted by sedgley58

funny you should say that!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: now this one I AM moaning about:
    In Response to Re: now this one I AM moaning about : funny you should say that!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Well learn to play on any site micro. People lose patience, get the chance to double up thinking i'll quit now i'm bored, i don't understand this game, it's boring, every time i get half a hand someone raises me, i'm sick of being bullied, I HATE BULLIES!!!! etc etc. It's just what this game is like. You get the odds bit ? A lot do though many not as good as  think they do. Now just reckon in the luck factor and the human factor then you realise you will lose a lot of pots. Hopefully you will win a FRACTION more over time. When you consider that 95% of online players lose then what have you got more of than those 95% ? If the answer is patience and discipline then continue. If not then quit now before you lose more and it upsets you. This is just a fact. Sorry man. this game can mash anyone up even top professionals. Just thank your lucky stars you found this out at micro and not $200/400 say ? And yes those nasty long-term surprises await the people you think are successful here now and on any other site.
    It's like this and that's the way it his huh ? Poker is a game of arbitrary factors.
    Tbh a lot of young professionals now play hi-variance madball It's fashionable for now. Nit up and wait. Try NOT TO FLIP unless you KNOW you are a big favourite. Try to PLAY AND THINK more and accept and enjoy. If that bores you maybe quit ? Might as well now because you will later for sure, see ? 95% of people in the main will too and those stats will change accordingly.
    What is it about this game ? If it wasn't played for money then no-one would give a poop. Would anyone play it at all if it were just for fun ? I doubt it because it is often NOT FUN !!!!!
    It's psychological and economic war between individuals. It's personal !
    Niiiiiiiiiice :(
    p.s - Tapey this isn't nesessarily directed at you personally. Just so many posts here saying same old stuff over and over. Can't people read ? I played a miilion hands micro and have NO ambitions in poker lonterm.  I can't be bothered writing this stuff if no-one tries to understand. I don't offer any good advice about the game at all except surving micro. Do that then maybe open new cans of ( tape ) worms at new levels. Honestly man it's a nightmare. But just a game nonetheless. Samsara. I mean what these poker players ever do really ? They work in hospitals or with people ? Who do they help ? What joy or enlightenment do they propose ? NONE. It's all rubbish ultimately. Just idiots with nothing better to do playing a game of skill/chance trying to line their own pockets. So they don't have to go to work like every other SUCKER ? Tell it to a nurse or fireman ? It will make you feel good right ? Know what i mean ? Why worry about A-K all in pre with 2 opps ?
    Just a game man, chill.