You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the nittiest fold ever (but correct imo)

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
from what the opponent said greg your a genius, i probably do my stack in think he called my with rags sigh. And go and play the xbox as so not to cry lol.

WP mate.

Comments

• edited November 2010

deepstack...

The villian assures me they had the nut str8 and for once i believe them as they seemed genuine, and cursed themselves for raising the flop. It was the size of the raise that smelt of a srt8. no real reads on villain but they had been reasonably tight. (hand requested by The_Don) Thoughts, am i just paranoid, or a genuius?:)

ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    GREGHOGG Small blind  10.00 10.00 5080.00
    Big blind  20.00 30.00 4850.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

alvarez03 Fold     
    RogueCell Fold     
    weescud Call  20.00 50.00 4720.00
    The_Don90 Fold     
    GREGHOGG Raise  80.00 130.00 5000.00
    XCall  70.00 200.00 4780.00
    weescud Call  70.00 270.00 4650.00
    Flop

GREGHOGG Bet  202.50 472.50 4797.50
    Raise  405.00 877.50 4375.00
    weescud Fold     
    GREGHOGG Fold     
    Muck     
    XWin  675.00  5050.00
    XReturn  202.50 0.00 5252.50
    I think it was the cheapest way off the hand as there are only 2 turn cards i want to see, and i have posted this to show that AA is only one pair. thoughts?
  • edited November 2010
    wow thats nitty, must be genius

good read
  • edited November 2010
    Jeez greg i wish i could fold like you, wp sir
  • edited November 2010
    I can't fold there Greg unless I got super reads tbh and the player has to be even nittier than DOHHHHHHHH for me to fold there. 

I don't do my stack either but he could be doing that with TP maybe - all depends if you had any reads, you gave up on the hand without testing him - come back over the top of him is an option and see how he reacts to that - If he shoves I SIGH fold but I can't fold as you do there because over time I don't think it's profitable. 
  • edited November 2010
    Dont come back over the top and fold Dylan ffs!!
  • edited November 2010
     You are no nit greg after calling my 3-bet shove last night with your marginal middle pair holding. Just because you got lucky then doesnt mean you always will.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the nittiest fold ever (but correct imo):
    Dont come back over the top and fold Dylan ffs!!
    Posted by 5toneFace
    Well I aint gonna flat it and I aint gonna fold there to a min raise.

He can go over the top and fold in a Deepie like this and still have a very playable stack.
    If it is v a fish like ticky I stack off obv but readless I can fold and then stick 2 fingers up at the villain and tell him to FO!!
  • edited November 2010

That's an incredible fold mate, pretty sure I couldn't have done it.

As Dylan says, it's probably a losing play over time - but you obv felt something in your water here and went with it.

Turned out to be correct, so wd.
  • edited November 2010
    I'm high on cocodamol/paracetamol, ibuprofen, Ibulieve, and Tiger balm. 

Ive stood up to it all, although kinda woosy and very heavy eyed, I've hacked it.

I logged on, read this hand history, and passed out for 15 minutes.
  • edited November 2010
     You are no nit greg after calling my 3-bet shove last night with your marginal middle pair holding. Just because you got lucky then doesnt mean you always will.
    Posted by Talon
    wasnt i ahead?
  • edited November 2010
    I'm high on cocodamol/paracetamol, ibuprofen, Ibulieve, and Tiger balm.  Ive stood up to it all, although kinda woosy and very heavy eyed, I've hacked it. I logged on, read this hand history, and passed out for 15 minutes.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol knew youd like it!

i have got other nit folds if anyone is interested.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to the nittiest fold ever (but correct imo):
    deepstack... The villian assures me they had the nut str8 and for once i believe them as they seemed genuine, and cursed themselves for raising the flop. It was the size of the raise that smelt of a srt8. no real reads on villain but they had been reasonably tight. (hand requested by The_Don) Thoughts, am i just paranoid, or a genuius?:) Action Cards Amount Pot Balance GREGHOGG Small blind   10.00 10.00 5080.00 X  Big blind   20.00 30.00 4850.00   Your hole cards A A       alvarez03 Fold         RogueCell Fold         weescud Call   20.00 50.00 4720.00 The_Don90 Fold         GREGHOGG Raise   80.00 130.00 5000.00 X Call   70.00 200.00 4780.00 weescud Call   70.00 270.00 4650.00 Flop     6 8 7       GREGHOGG Bet   202.50 472.50 4797.50 X  Raise   405.00 877.50 4375.00 weescud Fold         GREGHOGG Fold         X  Muck         X Win   675.00   5050.00 X Return   202.50 0.00 5252.50 I think it was the cheapest way off the hand as there are only 2 turn cards i want to see, and i have posted this to show that AA is only one pair. thoughts?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I don't believe for a second that this is the nittiest fold you have ever made.
  • edited November 2010
    I folded 45 and laughed at your turmoil.
  • edited November 2010
    don't really think this is terribly nitty IMO given the level and tournie its in.

min raises are usually signs of extreme strength from randoms
  • edited November 2010
    don't really think this is terribly nitty IMO given the level and tournie its in. min raises are usually signs of extreme strength from randoms
    Posted by scotty77

QFT

but i doubt you would fold here scotty ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: the nittiest fold ever (but correct imo) : QFT but i doubt you would fold here scotty ;-)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

mate i fold Kings on Jack high boards for fun.  i am the definition of a nit
  • edited November 2010
    don't really think this is terribly nitty IMO given the level and tournie its in. min raises are usually signs of extreme strength from randoms
    Posted by scotty77
    Yea the same opponent tried the same play on me knowing id had a lenthy discussion with Greg about this hand.

Unfortunetly for him i wasnt folding my A10 high which turned a J high straight lol. He had A5.
  • edited November 2010

call check turn see what he does if a heart doesnt fall call the next bet and shove when a heart comes on the river beautiful big BLUFF!! Thats how i would play it and stack off

But on a more serious note

Underplayed IMO raise more pre considering call pre and ur in small blind show some strength grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• edited November 2010
    if he bet bigger i can fold this pretty easy, im not folding to that bet i have to call it and reevaluate the turn which id check fold, re-raising his min bet seems pretty terrible