You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

So this is a stupid move right?

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Right guys Ive just got myself a job at Gatwick Royal mail centre. Good times seeing as ive been out of work for like a year which has sucked. I will now be stopping my claim for JSA not this wednesday but next one, so when I sign off I ill get my £131.00 plus I do believe I get a "job grant" of anothjer £100 (nice innit).
Annnnnnnnnnnnnyway im thinking of sticking that extra £100 on on sky poker and giving myself a nice BR to play around with............maybe play some 10nl and a mix of sit and goes £5 ones!
Hhahaaha I know this is a very degen thing to do and thats not what the moneys for. But I just do not care to be fair!

Comments

• edited November 2010

Lol Kunster.

People can debate wether or not it's a good move.

What isn't even close to debatable, is putting the money on whilst you "do not care" about it - u might as well give it to charity.

If you want to keep it, and even increase it, you need to change your attitude towards it. It might well be a hand out, but it's worth the same as 5x20 quid notes that u've grafted to earn.

I was abit like u a few years ago. I wud do alright, win abit, take alot out, reload at will.

I got a student loan payment thru and decided to put £500 on ($750) and take $25nl seriously. (plz note I was a winning player at the time, so this was far from throwing it away, more of an investment, although of course I was aware that I could lose it)

It was the best thing I ever did - But I beleved in myself, and took it seriously.

It seems from your opening post, that you may lack abit of self belief and dedication, so unless you can find these 2 things, I recon the £100 would be better spent on a couple of friday nights in town.

GL
  • edited November 2010
    Yep, that’s a bad move.

You’ve joined The Royal Mail right on the cusp of their busiest period in the year.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: So this is a stupid move right?:
    Yep, that’s a bad move. You’ve joined The Royal Mail right on the cusp of their busiest period in the year.
    Posted by FlutNush

Hence why they took on loadsa people innit
  • edited November 2010
    Lol Kunster. People can debate wether or not it's a good move. What isn't even close to debatable, is putting the money on whilst you "do not care" about it - u might as well give it to charity. If you want to keep it, and even increase it, you need to change your attitude towards it. It might well be a hand out, but it's worth the same as 5x20 quid notes that u've grafted to earn. I was abit like u a few years ago. I wud do alright, win abit, take alot out, reload at will. I got a student loan payment thru and decided to put £500 on ($750) and take $25nl seriously. (plz note I was a winning player at the time, so this was far from throwing it away, more of an investment, although of course I was aware that I could lose it) It was the best thing I ever did - But I beleved in myself, and took it seriously. It seems from your opening post, that you may lack abit of self belief and dedication, so unless you can find these 2 things, I recon the £100 would be better spent on a couple of friday nights in town. GL
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    To Dohh face

I was saying i didnt care about the money i was just saying that i dnt care that its my job seekers money. I believe in mself when im am strict at BRM. I have proved to myself IF a big IF i stick to BRM and do not tilt my nutsz off then im fine! so thats what im going to. I am actually quite a good player when i want to be and when im in the right frame of mind.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: So this is a stupid move right? : To Dohh face I was saying i didnt care about the money i was just saying that i dnt care that its my job seekers money. I believe in mself when im am strict at BRM. I have proved to myself IF a big IF i stick to BRM and do not tilt my nutsz off then im fine! so thats what im going to. I am actually quite a good player when i want to be and when im in the right frame of mind.
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    Well "want to be" more often then!!!! lol

You'll always be the weakest egg-head no matter what happens. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: So this is a stupid move right? : Hence why they took on loadsa people innit
    Posted by Root_Kunal

Yeah, but you’ll be all busy, n ting bruv. Or what. Innit tho'?

I’m awfully sorry, I don’t do urban too well, but you catch my drift. I still haven’t got the hang of texting and saying m8 either. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: So this is a stupid move right? : Well " want to be" more often then!!!! lol You'll always be the weakest egg-head no matter what happens. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    and you will alwaysz be on the tubby side ;)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             DOHHHHHHH FOR THE WIN
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: So this is a stupid move right? : Yeah, but you’ll be all busy, n ting bruv. Or what. Innit tho'? I’m awfully sorry, I don’t do urban too well, but you catch my drift. I still haven’t got the hang of texting and saying m8 either. 
    Posted by FlutNush
    Its alright geeeeeeeza, I only take the pi 55 when I type that like!
  • edited November 2010

I don,t know what the xtra money is for - coming off JSA. But most ppl i know just blow it on going out and stuff , so if you think you can use it as an investment on pker then GL

i,d give it  some serious consideration and listen to ppl like Dohh and other winning players

i heard a pro saying recently , that he now spends more time reading up on the game and studying it , rather than actually playing 

i think thats quite a good idea and to the ppl who say practise , practise and more pratise, well just go in for lowstakes deepstacks for a start and see how you get on

Thats what i,d do anyway

• edited November 2010
    I don,t know what the xtra money is for - coming off JSA. But most ppl i know just blow it on going out and stuff , so if you think you can use it as an investment on pker then GL i,d give it  some serious consideration and listen to ppl like Dohh and other winning players i heard a pro saying recently , that he now spends more time reading up on the game and studying it , rather than actually playing  i think thats quite a good idea and to the ppl who say practise , practise and more pratise, well just go in for lowstakes deepstacks for a start and see how you get on Thats what i,d do anyway
    Posted by MP33

Cheers yeah, that what im going to do actually build a roll and play properly and not try and make money over a couple of hours. I was even thinking bout small DYMs like 1£/2£ ones just for the nice feeling of my roll going up. I know I can beat these easyand would be able to knock out like 30 aday easy 4 tabling which if im playing 2£ ones then getting 60£ is allgood (obv if i win them all). But yeah im gunna try and be a normal player and grind away ive tryed to make it rich in a few days it just doesnt work. So npow im gunna give in and grind away.
  • edited November 2010

If you were to use that £100 thats every one paying for you (tax payers) :D i wouldnt do it. but either way no one will know if you have done it or not.

• edited November 2010
    If you were to use that £100 thats every one paying for you (tax payers) :D i wouldnt do it. but either way no one will know if you have done it or not.
    Posted by shaun09

lol was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention that. well if I do turn a nice amount then I ill thank you all!
    Put it this way its like im being staked by the tax payersz lol, ill ship 1p to every meber on this site.
  • edited November 2010
    Work hard for the next 20 or 30 years, if you are diligent and lucky enough to be successful in what you do the govt. will deduct 40% of your earnings to support those who have not had such good fortune. Pay it willingly and with good grace. 

When it is your own money then you can decide what to do with it: if you don,t need it give it to your mum or whoever is paying your bills. 

• edited November 2010
    Work hard for the next 20 or 30 years, if you are diligent and lucky enough to be successful in what you do the govt. will deduct 40% of your earnings to support those who have not had such good fortune. Pay it willingly and with good grace.  When it is your own money then you can decide what to do with it: if you don,t need it give it to your mum or whoever is paying your bills. 
    Posted by alexis74
    Sad face, but respect what your saying.
  • edited November 2010
    Work hard for the next 20 or 30 years, if you are diligent and lucky enough to be successful in what you do the govt. will deduct 40% of your earnings to support those who have not had such good fortune. Pay it willingly and with good grace.  When it is your own money then you can decide what to do with it: if you don,t need it give it to your mum or whoever is paying your bills. 
    Posted by alexis74

Dermot Murnaghan
  • edited November 2010
    Mummy and daddy. Daddy also payed of a det for me toooooo.................musttttttt beeee nice!
  • edited November 2010
    So, when HMG say that getting a job is going to pay more than benefits, this is what they mean?  You must be bloody mad.  Royal Mail take on seasonal staff.  If I were you I'd keep hold of that cash in case you need to, like, eat in January.  Sorry.
  • edited November 2010
    So, when HMG say that getting a job is going to pay more than benefits, this is what they mean?  You must be bloody mad.  Royal Mail take on seasonal staff.  If I were you I'd keep hold of that cash in case you need to, like, eat in January.  Sorry.
    Posted by RogueCell
    MAte im allgood for monies, how many indian parents do you know that take money of there kids and make them pay rent and shiz??? (none) the money i make from royal mail will not be spent as it will be all I actually have unless they keep me on..........plus im working 14:30-22:30pm monday-friday, so wont even have time to spend the monies that I make which is very good.
  • edited November 2010
    firstly well done for getting a job, i dont mind what your doing if your enititled to it fair play why not deposit and try to spin up on here.

another great article from JJ, Root i would say skip DYM have a go at 2.20 they are so easy at the mo(obv when im not in them) so many bad players and that way your be more profitable. last couple of days i played 6, won 3, 2nd in other 3 so it is as easy as that! obviously need a bit of luck but if you know the basics and are ok at stt go for
  • edited November 2010

Was this your reaction when the Royal Mail gave you the gig?

• edited November 2010
    firstly well done for getting a job, i dont mind what your doing if your enititled to it fair play why not deposit and try to spin up on here. another great article from JJ, Root i would say skip DYM have a go at 2.20 they are so easy at the mo(obv when im not in them) so many bad players and that way your be more profitable. last couple of days i played 6, won 3, 2nd in other 3 so it is as easy as that! obviously need a bit of luck but if you know the basics and are ok at stt go for
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thanks mate will bare it in mind, never played deepstacks before............maybe I should give them a try they maybe my thing who knows.
  • edited November 2010
    Was this your reaction when the Royal Mail gave you the gig? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoSV5AV5b_g&feature=related
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, perfect in everyway! I thik your stalking me ( that would be soooo cooool)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: So this is a stupid move right? : Thanks mate will bare it in mind, never played deepstacks before............maybe I should give them a try they maybe my thing who knows.
    Posted by Root_Kunal
    wasnt talking about deepies lol scary 5 minute blinds 3k starting STT, deepies are good too but long winded. good to mix it up tho good luck mate
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: So this is a stupid move right? : wasnt talking about deepies lol scary 5 minute blinds 3k starting STT, deepies are good too but long winded. good to mix it up tho good luck mate
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Ahhhh seen seen! yeah I like sit N gos, but I find theres not many running on this site as traffic is not tghat good ( even though its getting better) wouldnt mind a few £5 6 man sit N gos really.
  • edited November 2010
    2.20's i find they run every 10 minutes or so if you want them, if your selective maybe not as much but i just register no-one seems to check that im in em to avoid ;-)

5.50 few more better players thats why i suggested starting 2.20 but whatever suits mate
  • edited November 2010
    I think I can do this. Just gotta stop tilting like a monkey when I loose a couple of quid! ive proved to myself I can build a roll ( £20 inot £100) so I know I can do it. Thanks for all your help
  • edited November 2010
    If that fails try cash for gold...........................
  • edited November 2010
    If that fails try cash for gold...........................
    Posted by donkeyplop

Already done that.......new there would be one STUPID post, well done it went to you!
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    Sorry CJ
    Posted by donkeyplop
    I will go cry at egghead HQ.................do not expect me to be on the show!