You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wsop next year

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
i no its early but are sky poker goin to do wsop sats for next year as you have already got sky team poker or will it be the same where you run sats a couple of months befor

Comments

• edited November 2010

You must be pshycic lauraando!

Viva Las Vegas 2011 was discussed in this morning's Management Meeting, barely an hour ago.

That's all I can say for now, really, but all being well, you'll not be disappointed if the plans come to fruition.

There are various WSOP-related legal niceties & licencing matters which need to be clarified before the thing is home & hosed, so watch this space.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year:
    You must be pshycic lauraando! Viva Las Vegas 2011 was discussed in this morning's Management Meeting, barely an hour ago. That's all I can say for now, really, but all being well, you'll not be disappointed if the plans come to fruition. There are various WSOP-related legal niceties & licencing matters which need to be clarified before the thing is home & hosed, so watch this space.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for gettin back to me

• edited November 2010
    hopefully, ill be 21 in time for it next year so finally get a chance to play in them
  • edited November 2010
    hopefully, ill be 21 in time for it next year so finally get a chance to play in them
    Posted by hurst05
    1st of July i believe is the restriction date, Tikay can you convince them to accept 8th of July birthdays lol :) so i can play.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : 1st of July i believe is the restriction date, Tikay can you convince them to accept 8th of July birthdays lol :) so i can play.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Unlike some of us oldies you have plenty of years to get there, and I am sure you will m8 !
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : U nlike some of us oldies you have plenty of years to get there, and I am sure you will m8 !
    Posted by penguin7

I'm sure this year won't be your last appearance at the WSOP Tony, you've still got a good few tournies left in you mate,  what are you now 27  ;o)

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : I'm sure this year won't be your last appearance at the WSOP Tony, you've still got a good few tournies left in you mate,  what are you now 72  ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW

FYP :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : I'm sure this year won't be your last appearance at the WSOP, Penguin, you've still got a good few tournies left in you mate,  what are you now 67  ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    FYP
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : FYP
    Posted by Tikay10

I'd love tikay to play it 1 year, obviously prefer myself first then tikay but he'd it'd be quality cant believe you never played the ME Tikay im sure you could afford to :P
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : I'd love tikay to play it 1 year, obviously prefer myself first then tikay but he'd it'd be quality cant believe you never played the ME Tikay im sure you could afford to :P
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

I'd buy a piece of Tikay to play the main event,  Easy money, here's how it would go.

Day 1.  

Hand 1  Tikay's Hold Cards  Ace Ace in BB......  (mmmm not suited )  TK  Folds.
    Falls asleep,
    Wakes up at start of Day 2,  Average stack

Day 2.

Hand 1.  Tikay's Hold Cards  King King on Button,  (ohh there is min raise from UTG )   TK Folds
    Falls asleep
    Wakes up at Start of Day 3,  Slightly below average stack

Day 3

Hand 1.  Tikay's Hold Cards Ace King on Button,  (ohh there is min raise from UTG )   TK Folds
    Falls asleep
    Wakes up at Start of Day 4,  Slightly below average stack

Day 4

Hand 1.  Tikay's Hold Cards  Pair pair of 9's on Button,  (Sod That )   TK Folds
    Falls asleep
    Wakes up at Start of Day 5, Below average stack

Day 5

Hand 1.  Tikay's Hold Cards  Ace 7 Suited on Button,  TK Calls BB.... Gasp
    Missed flush on flop and folds to min bet
    Falls asleep
    Wakes up at Start of Day 6,  Well below average stack

Day 6

Wakes up, has a look around....... goes back to sleep

Day 7

Sleeps right though

Day 8,

Wakes up, 
    By mistake knocks all his chips into the middle of the table with 7 2 off 
    Flop comes 7,7 2
    Doubles up.
    Falls asleep

Wakes up in November as short stack in November 9.
    Shoves with 7 2 off again as it is now his favourite hand,
    Gets called by Button, SB and BB respectively with AA, KK, QQ
    Flop comes....... 2 2 2  Tk triples up and becomes chip leader.
    Falls Asleep

Wakes up next day,
    Heads up against Phil Ivey
    Ivey gets so bored calling time on TK he walks out.
    Tk wins WSOP Main event by Default.

Wakes up

I"ll Have a piece of that.  ;o)

• edited November 2010

Lol @ Jock!

N1 bud.

Mods, BAN HIM PLZ.
  • edited November 2010
    lool at above post im in stiches
  • edited November 2010
    love it Jock, if only it was that simple lol
  • edited November 2010
    lol jock pmsl love it!
  • edited November 2010
    i have never laughed so much
    my ribs are killing me

nice one jock
  • edited November 2010
    I turn 21 in August!! sighhhhhhhh
  • edited November 2010
    Anyone who is only twenty hasn't earned the right to Sighhhhhhhhhh ;o)

Actually Browndog, judging by that TK'esk Cardigan you wearing in your avatar picture......  Sigh away mate, Sigh away ;o)

• edited November 2010
    Tikay when is the WSOP Main Event being held next year.

I won't bother trying to qualify for the package if it clashes with my week in Skegness  
  • edited November 2010
    Tikay when is the WSOP Main Event being held next year. I won't bother trying to qualify for the package if it clashes with my week in Skegness  
    Posted by JockBMW
    Quite right too, Skeggy Rules!

I am playing right now, & don't have the exact dates to hand, but iirc, threy are very similar to this year.

I know it kicks off on May 30th, so I would imagine that the Biggie will start around 5th July.

Contrary to persistent rumours, I know it WILL remain at The Rio in 2011. I was invited to sit in on a WSOP Telecon with the Harrahs suits a few weeks ago, & it was announced on that.
  • edited November 2010
    Im only bloody 18 (SIGHHH) :(
  • edited November 2010
    Im only bloody 18 (SIGHHH) :(
    Posted by Wacko90
    Wanna swap with me?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : Wanna swap with me?
    Posted by tikay1
    Erm... you know what... being 18 is actually awesome!!! But your offer was kind tikay ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I just want to be 21- I can fly with Tikay to Vegas then haha
  • edited November 2010
    Jock your onto a winner m8. sign me up for a piece of the inaction too
  • edited November 2010
    Jock your onto a winner m8. sign me up for a piece of the inaction too
    Posted by 67Bhoys

If we pay him an hourly rate ( but only when he's awake ), we can get him really, really cheap ;o)

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: wsop next year : If we pay him an hourly rate ( but only when he's awake ), we can get him really, really cheap ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW
    Good call mate 1 hours pay should cover it.
  • edited November 2010
    After my accurate prophesy of Tikay's run to the WSOP Main Event Title.

I thought I'd let you know what will happen to the other Sky Poker Presenters when they play the same Main Event as TK.

Unfortunately only one of them will last longer than day 1

Lisa Marie 

Day 1

Hand 1...... gets Dealt Ace Jack.........  Runs out of Card Room screaming, never to be seen again 

• edited November 2010
    James Hartigan

Day 1

Hand 1....  Quote from James  "Where the **** are my other two cards.......  **** this for a game of Soldiers"  Storms out never to be seen again
  • edited November 2010
    Trevor Harris

Day 1

Hand 1.   Gets dealt Ace ACe in BB with three all in's before him,  He calls and Quadruples up in First hand.....  Yipppeeee

Get's up from the table and goes to cash in all his chips.  Quote from Trevor " what do you mean it's not a cash game,  **** this for a game of soldiers"  Storms off never to be seen again  
  • edited November 2010
    Richard Orford
    Day 1.  
    Hand 1  Richards's Hold Cards  Ace Ace in BB......  Shoves and gets two callers Triples up.Start of Day 2,  in Top 10 of Chips 
    Day 2.
    Hand 1.  Richard's Hold Cards  King King on Button,  Shoves and gets 3 callersQuadruples UpStart of Day 3,  Chip leader
    Day 3
    Hand 1.  Richard's Hold Cards Ace King on Button,  Raises and everyone at the table folds to him Start of Day 4,  Chip Leader Again
    Day 4
    Continues to use his Almighty Size to dominate the field,  Knocks out Tom Dwann with 7 2 off 
    Day 5
    Knocks out Patrick AntoniusKnocks our Barry Greenstein, Gets a free book 
    Day 6
    Knocks out Greg Raymer, Gets a free Fossil 

Day 7
    Continues to run goodNow on 16,000,000 chips 
    Day 8,
    Goes completely Card dead, but due to his superb poker skills and Excellent Poker Instincts continues to Bluff players off better hands.  
    Gus Hansen Breaks down in Tears after folding Aces to Richards 7 2 off... Pre Flop 
    Makes it  to November 9.Gets Dealt Ace Ace on the Button Gets called by  SB and BB respectively with KK, QQSome Old codger who looks vaguely familiar, if somewhat wrinkles, goes all in with 72 offFlop comes....... 2 2 2  Tk Knocks our RichardRichard Storms out of Card Room never to be seen again.
    Tikay goes back to sleep