You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Need somthing explaining in SIMPLE terms please

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Whats a vaule bet???? keep hearing that people say I made it look like a vaule bet, but I have no idea what this means. I would really like someone to help me out hear coz at the end of the month I am going to start seriouly playing and feel that lol I need to understand what it is..................ps I will be taking notes on these sort of things to help me with my game. I think all this time I thought I could donk my way to some nice winnings but I ahve now relised thats not goign to happen.
Thanks

Comments

• edited November 2010
    basically when you know your ahead on the river and you bet the most you can which you think your opponent will call with a worser hand. thats in simple terms im sure someone will explain better
  • edited November 2010
    basically its what it says on the tin,you have the nuts(or are certain you have the best hand) then you would put a bet in for value ie two thirds of the pot,which usually means your opponent is priced in to call if he has the second best hand.........sometimes you can use a value bet as a bluff if you are not too confident but spot weakness in your oppo,he may then fold his winning albeit weak hand because"you value betted and want a call"

gl,dave
  • edited November 2010
    lol davey alot better then me spot on
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks guys, really trying to get my game 2getha and use this time I have to really learn some things!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Need somthing explaining in SIMPLE terms please:
    lol davey alot better then me spot on
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    LOL..cheers,wasnt trying to go all tekkers on you,think we posted at excatly the same time:)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Need somthing explaining in SIMPLE terms please:
    In Response to Re: Need somthing explaining in SIMPLE terms please : LOL..cheers,wasnt trying to go all tekkers on you,think we posted at excatly the same time:)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    rofl stop saying tekkers, mate says it all the time, nearly wet myself haha
  • edited November 2010
    damn had that in my head all weekend

some tekkers are good

some tekkers are bad

some tekkers...... unbelievable tekkers lol

no apology necessary davey i realised was the same time but yours was bit better :p
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Need somthing explaining in SIMPLE terms please:
    Whats a vaule bet???? keep hearing that people say I made it look like a vaule bet, but I have no idea what this means. I would really like someone to help me out hear coz at the end of the month I am going to start seriouly playing and feel that lol I need to understand what it is..................ps I will be taking notes on these sort of things to help me with my game. I think all this time I thought I could donk my way to some nice winnings but I ahve now relised thats not goign to happen. Thanks
    Posted by Root_Kunal[/QUOTE

I often hear  a lot of these poker terms being used and don,t know what they mean but the thing is - you are probably doing a lot of them already without realising it.  its just a name or a term for a certain type of play

i wouldn,t say you have to know all the poker terms to be a good player. Obviously it helps if your reading articles, books, poker clinic etc  where they are often used 
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah mate your problay right......its just a name for a type of play as you said, that im probaly already doing ( somtimes)