You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sitting in away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
i have only been playing a while so have only entered the freeroll tournements so far and the most annpying thing is people sat in away constantly

after 3 or 4 rounds of blinds you can lose 2 or 3 players bu tif ou sat in away your happily sat there with 2500 left out of 3000 so not bad really best way to stay in tournement and skip the rounds unlike the rest who are playing each hand.

fair enough pop kettle on or take a leak but c'mon

should be some strict rules set up eg must play at least 2 hands per blind not nessacary bet but fold by clicking

just seems some peopl enter and cant be ar$ed palyin

sprry for rant but spoils the fun

btw if your playing with these peeps just raise them and take there blinds LOL

Comments

• edited November 2010
    This is common is freerolls beccause there's no entry fee, many players register but then don't bother turning up. Once you progress to tournaments with a cash entry you will find it very unusual to come across an away player, it usually only happens then if somebody gets disconnected due to internet problems.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Sitting in away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    i have only been playing a while so have only entered the freeroll tournements so far and the most annpying thing is people sat in away constantly after 3 or 4 rounds of blinds you can lose 2 or 3 players bu tif ou sat in away your happily sat there with 2500 left out of 3000 so not bad really best way to stay in tournement and skip the rounds unlike the rest who are playing each hand. fair enough pop kettle on or take a leak but c'mon should be some strict rules set up eg must play at least 2 hands per blind not nessacary bet but fold by clicking just seems some peopl enter and cant be ar$ed palyin sprry for rant but spoils the fun btw if your playing with these peeps just raise them and take there blinds LOL
    Posted by ALLANBEAR
    If you just do this, all the nonsense above goes out the window. 

What difference does it make if they fold by clicking, or are auto folded? It's the same result?
  • edited November 2010
    yeah just raise em up easy money(chips)

unfortunately you will always get that in a freeroll, and impossible to make people play 2 hands per round! thats why you have Blinds to force action and eventually the aways will go as you get further
  • edited November 2010
    I do think they should change the software so that if you're away your cards get insta-mucked after they are dealt, as you'd see in a live game.

• edited November 2010
    yep it used to bother me but when u get on a table then u could have 5 players away which means happy days freee chips till table splits up
  • edited November 2010
    If it bothers anybody at all with away players then just DONT play freerolls,there are plenty of decent tournys for £1.10 and great deepstacks at £2.20,xxx
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sitting in away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    If it bothers anybody at all with away players then just DONT play freerolls,there are plenty of decent tournys for £1.10 and great deepstacks at £2.20,xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    well said debs ) come on join the deepstack gang you know it makes sense
  • edited November 2010
    NO COMMENT...............................
  • edited November 2010
    NO COMMENT...............................
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    we aint police officers lol

nice one logdon
  • edited November 2010
    I wish I could lick my own balls.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sitting in away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Are you a "Politician" or a "Pop Star" A list Celebrity.?  Aaaaaah got it "Sit out".!!
    Posted by logdon
    Answer: A POKER SUPERSTAR
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sitting in away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Are you a "Politician" or a "Pop Star" A list Celebrity.?  Aaaaaah got it "Sit out".!!
    Posted by logdon
    lol none of the above(although i would choose rock star)

i meant no comment because this topic gets repeated all the time.

if someone wants to sit out its their prerogative,they register under the same rules as us all so its up to them. i love sitouts on freerolls because usually its you and one other fighting for the free chips,which usually means im out in level one :)

now see what you made me do?

I SAID NO COMMENT!