You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can't reload

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Nobody can reload on cash tables. HELP.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    i cant register for any tournies? Help!!!
  • edited November 2010
    site crashed again , come on sky pull your finger out
  • edited November 2010
    Winnings not going into account...AGAIN!!

• edited November 2010

It's fine for me guys - you sorted now?

If not, contact CC immediatelty.
  • edited November 2010
    Reload your homepage if you are using the browser. This should solve it. 
  • edited November 2010
    It APPEARS to be sorted now...
  • edited November 2010
    Lol,site maintainence the other night yeah? pmsl
  • edited November 2010
    The downloaded version works great .  ;o)
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah I switched to the download and it was fine :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Can't reload:
    I'm a busto fish who doesn't flop quads every time, I cant reload on cash tables. HELP.
    Posted by BrownnDog

FYP mate. :-)
  • edited November 2010
    i was on the browser i was fine too lol but more to the point is it just me or is this the first time uv heard anything about a downloadable prog for sky ???????? and if so why werent we informed of this ?
  • edited November 2010
    You're missing out if you're not using the downloadable version. The 'show villains cards' and 'force bad beat' buttons are particularly welcome new features.

(Seriously though, it's not a massive change/upgrade, and these things need to be tested. I'm sure a formal announcement will be made as soon as it's had a bit of hammer from randomly selected beta testers).

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Can't reload:
    You're missing out if you're not using the downloadable version. The 'show villains cards' and 'force bad beat' buttons are particularly welcome new features. (Seriously though, it's not a massive change/upgrade, and these things need to be tested. I'm sure a formal announcement will be made as soon as it's had a bit of hammer from randomly selected beta testers).
    Posted by DannyMcs
    cheeky b***** lol no probs m8 jus heard few folk talking bout it on the tables tonight it caught my attention lol and those features seem like a good idea FTW
     t
  • edited November 2010
    confused for the win.
  • edited November 2010
    I didnt think browndog needed a reload? *sighs*
  • edited November 2010
    i was on the browser i was fine too lol but more to the point is it just me or is this the first time uv heard anything about a downloadable prog for sky ???????? and if so why werent we informed of this ?
    Posted by JGIBBRFC
    I'm affraid your not special enough mate!

• edited November 2010
    Posted by JGIBBRFC
    Hi JGIBBRFC. (What does that stand for, please?!).

It's not quite that simple.

When it is officially released, rest assured, everyone will hear about it, big time, but it's not
    actually "out" as such, yet.

The subject has been aired on this Community a great deal though, & I've always fielded the questions openly.

The Download went through development earlier this year & then, as per the licencing rules, it had to be submitted to the Regulators for approval, & they test it thoroughly first to ensure it's all hunky-dory from a regulatory standpoint. That takes some time, & they won't be rushed, no way.

Then it went to a further control group of Beta Testers, to test & stretch the game-play & functionality.

Nerxt up, it went to about 50 Sky Poker Regulars to continue with the Beta-Testing. They fed back comments etc, & where necessary, these were taken on board, & changes made. To implement these changes is quite a task, in fact, & they are usually done during scheduled outages. 

A week or so ago, the Beta-Testing panel was increased, & it was made available to around 1,000 more players, so that widened the use of it considerably.

I'm not certain on this, so don't hold me to it, but I gather it may be fully ready to roll out in a day or two.

I do not imagine it will go to everyone "overnight", rather, it will be soft-launched over a period of weeks, though I'm not 100% sure on that. It's the way Sky Poker usually like to introduce major changes, sort of feed them in steadily. When released, it will result in quite a heavy load on Customer Care & Technical Queries, as more & more players install it, (the Database of Sky Poker players is huge, a long way into 5 figures), hence better to spread the load sometimes.  

So thats it really, you know as much as anyone now.

For what it's worth, a significant % of players have told Sky Poker they'd prefer to remain on the current browser-based client. The choice will remain, to everyone, to use either, as they prefer & wish. 

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Can't reload:
    Nobody can reload on cash tables. HELP.
    Posted by BrownnDog
    huh? you've ACTUALLY had to reload? lol
  • edited November 2010

He had to reload SEVERAL times on the Omaha Hi-Lo cash last night Dave!

Tonight, he's playing the £300 at The Vic. Assuming they let him in, of course - I'm sure he's only about 12.
  • edited November 2010
    No he was more concerned that the other players on his table were unable to reload.