You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

badbeats constantly,....

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
well what can i say the beats on here are a load of rubbish,play strong we lose play slow we lose,seat postion is rubbish too,so many bad beats and you wonder why people leave sky,the site just fixes the hands to make the pots bigger just to get bigger rakes what a joke ....fair crack thats all we ask for.......meant to write c r ap but the site wouldnt let me lol

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Stick with it, you'll get over it, lol.

Skypoker call it VARIANCE.

I've had more beats in past week than a dozen eggs on pancake Tuesday, lol

Usually 3 way pot, worst starting hand ALWAYS wins.
    Doesn't matter if you've got AA, KK or a Full House, you'll get RIVERED by QUADS.
  • edited November 2010
    that's poker kids.....
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: badbeats constantly,....:
    Stick with it, you'll get over it, lol. Skypoker call it VARIANCE. I've had more beats in past week than a dozen eggs on pancake Tuesday, lol Usually 3 way pot, worst starting hand ALWAYS wins.
    Posted by Red_King
    its very annoying though been like it for over a week now ,cant hit a thing and when you do you get nailed on the river so many times ,,to be honest im scared to have a pair cause you know your gonna get battered..always to the worst starting hand ,thinking of going somewhere else if dont improve,betfair ive heard very good might give that a blast..
  • edited November 2010
    Try playing some DYM's to get your roll back up.
  • edited November 2010
    Try playing some DYM's to get your roll back up.
    Posted by Red_King
    played them,still same lol,but must admit do enjoy them,seem to get a good  day and three weeks of getting battered no matter what i play ,,thinking of switching to sky bingo lol
  • edited November 2010
    I went through a period of "apparent" bad beats for a couple of months recently.  But, when you are having a bad run, it's easy to blame them all the time.  You have got to play through it and try also to remember that you have inflicted some as well.  That's the way it is.  It is also easy to blame the site, but in my experience I think I have suffered, in percentage terms, just as many bad beats in live poker as I have on line.
  • edited November 2010
    I went through a period of "apparent" bad beats for a couple of months recently.  But, when you are having a bad run, it's easy to blame them all the time.  You have got to play through it and try also to remember that you have inflicted some as well.  That's the way it is.  It is also easy to blame the site, but in my experience I think I have suffered, in percentage terms, just as many bad beats in live poker as I have on line.
    Posted by Dollie
    Good post,xxx
  • edited November 2010
    wow for a minute i thought i was in area 51

It happens mate, i get plenty and  give the odd one its how you deal with them that matters. if your talking about weeks some people go months its just variance try to minimise loss and when your winning again make the most of it

good luck at the tables and welcome to the forum
  • edited November 2010
    wow for a minute i thought i was in area 51 It happens mate, i get plenty and  give the odd one its how you deal with them that matters. if your talking about weeks some people go months its just variance try to minimise loss and when your winning again make the most of it good luck at the tables and welcome to the forum
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I agree, If you do sit and moan about the bad beats they just get on your nerves more and can cause you to go on tilt at any level, wasting more money. Sit at lower levels and play for fun instead of higher levels for a few days.

Or at last resort you could hit your break button to calm down for a few days :P
  • edited November 2010
    BAD BEATS

i used to get really upset about them,and go on tilt.Then i had a look at myself,yes sometimes they were genuine bad beats,but more often than not i was the  architec of my bad beat by bad play,letting players seeing cheap flops,calling with marginal hands,not being strong enough after the flop,the list is endless.
    At the end of the day we as players give as many as we recieve,but we only remember the 1,s we recieve.
    i would say think more of your game as you have control over that,but none of others players.

good luck and keep playing,and in the long run,the good players always seem to be the winning 1,s
  • edited November 2010
    I've played against you a few times at the cash tables 40 and i have some notes on you. Basically, if you give people a 7 or 8 to 1 shot on hitting their outs on the river then they will take it. Also at our level there are far too many players that can't fold. Unfortunately, they sometimes hit that gutshot or that 2 pair on the river to take the pot. If you were to look at hands subjectively instead of objectively i think you'll find that you have got as lucky on the river as you have unlucky. It's just human nature that makes us think of the beats we take and not the suck-outs that we win. All the best m8

Ian
  • edited November 2010
    I've played against you a few times at the cash tables 40 and i have some notes on you. Basically, if you give people a 7 or 8 to 1 shot on hitting their outs on the river then they will take it. Also at our level there are far too many players that can't fold. Unfortunately, they sometimes hit that gutshot or that 2 pair on the river to take the pot. If you were to look at hands subjectively instead of objectively i think you'll find that you have got as lucky on the river as you have unlucky. It's just human nature that makes us think of the beats we take and not the suck-outs that we win. All the best m8 Ian
    Posted by labrat64
    nice rubdown
  • edited November 2010
    dont think i can advise you on bad beats,, only agree with you entirely, iv been on a mega bad run for the past 2 months, getting money in ahead only to be outdrawn by lot worse starting hands, if iv got KK get called by worse pr only to lose to set on turn or river, if i go in ahead i get outdrawn n if i go in behind i stay behind.. i know the Experts go on about variants and best players winning over time, im beginning to seriously doubt this though...
  • edited November 2010
    Every single player goes through spells of terrible bad luck. We've all "been there, done that, got the t-shirt".

Just try to stay relaxed and remember that your luck is guaranteed to even out over a long period of time. The human memory is selective, crucial bad beats can play on your mind for ages, but we very quickly forget all the (far more frequent) occasions when our cards hold up. If you let variance tilt you too much your game will be affected and you will lose even more. Maybe take a short break from poker, then return at lower stakes until you seem to be running better, when the confidence returns it's time to move back up.

Poker is half luck, half skill. You can control the skill, but there's nothing you can do about the luck. You should congratulate yourself for being the more skillful player every time you got your chips in ahead of an opponent regardless of the final result.
  • edited November 2010
    Every single player goes through spells of terrible bad luck. We've all "been there, done that, got the t-shirt". Just try to stay relaxed and remember that your luck is guaranteed to even out over a long period of time. The human memory is selective, crucial bad beats can play on your mind for ages, but we very quickly forget all the (far more frequent) occasions when our cards hold up. If you let variance tilt you too much your game will be affected and you will lose even more. Maybe take a short break from poker, then return at lower stakes until you seem to be running better, when the confidence returns it's time to move back up. Poker is half luck, half skill. You can control the skill, but there's nothing you can do about the luck. You should congratulate yourself for being the more skillful player every time you got your chips in ahead of an opponent regardless of the final result.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    well ive listened to your comments and im just playing my own game,may not be brilliant but im starting to enjoy it more regardless of the outcome,im putting it down to a learning curve and hopefully will improve my game ...
  • edited November 2010
    That's the spirit, poker should be fun win or lose, after all it's hardly a matter of life and death. Having the gambling element being combined with skill is what makes the game so exciting. Good luck to you at the tables.
  • edited November 2010

Think of it as a donation to the donk fund :) Keep them (me) playing.

The people that chase against odds are the same people that pay off you full house with pocket tens on a AKKxx board.

Besides the drama is half the fun.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: badbeats constantly,.... : well ive listened to your comments and im just playing my own game,may not be brilliant but im starting to enjoy it more regardless of the outcome,im putting it down to a learning curve and hopefully will improve my game ...
    Posted by 40ROYALS
    Manage your bankroll, play within it and you will ENJOY!   Good luck
  • edited November 2010

I've only just started playing on this site and still class myself as a beginner but I can say I've given a few bad beats and taken a few!
    Had a bad day today with some bad beats but quite a bit of tilt by myself!  Did sit there screaming at the sreen after a £10 lose when the guy tripped his A2 against my AK but when I looked back over my hands, saw that I had won 8  similar hands before that and sucked out a couple too (one guy hit top pair against my pockets only for me to quad up). 
    I am wondering if I'm playing too cheap a table as there do seem to be more gamblers on the micros but I'm worried that I still chase a bit myself!
    Gonna keep at it, try and be honest about my mistakes and realise bad beats are part of the game...  Also gonna try and stop chasing those flushes and strts (they have cost me more than they are ever worth!!)