You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Opinions Please!

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Ok, So this hand has nothing to do with me... Other than a argument in the chat box minutes after...

And I couldnt show graphics so here is my shoddy explaining, Sorry!:P

5p-10p Blinds cash table..

Folds round to the small blind who raises it up to 60p
Big blind reraises all in to £4.70
The small blind called

The first raiser turned over Pocket 5s
The Guy sat in the big blind shows King 10 of diamonds

The flop was blank to all, and the pocket 5s held.

The guy with the king 10 then started the argument in the chat box of why did the small blind call his all in.

Heads up, I'd say most pocket pairs are worth going in with... And for £4 it doesnt take much thinking.

The big blind then started the argument again that I (Tombmx) Wouldnt call a 10grand all in with pocket 5s. I then had the comeback of im a 19 year old torney player that hates cash games and if i had 10 grand i wouldnt be sat on a 5p-10p blind cash table.

Sorry for the rant but I'd like to know what you'd do on a cash table for those stakes with those cards.
And if the Small blind is a "bad player" for calling that raise with a pocket pair.

It really got me worked up and would like to know a asnwer.

I think the big blind guy was wrong... and was just upset about losing £4
Cheers guys.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    hey m8 welcome but yeah the big blind guy deserves to lose his stack if hes gonna shove all in vs a  5x raise  for his whole stack with K high and as for the arguement i wouldnt worry about it jus sit back and laugh i find thats the best solution lol
  • edited November 2010
    you get plenty of people moaning when they lose their pocket money.
    just laugh at them or ignore it.
    dont let it tilt you tho. its their problem.
  • edited November 2010
    you get plenty of people moaning when they lose their pocket money.
    just laugh at them or ignore it.
    dont let it tilt you tho. its their problem.
  • edited November 2010

The small blind must have realised he was in a race at best.  At the end of the day it's his money and if he fancies a 50-50 then he's entitled to call.  The BB should accept that, at that level.  If he had hit he wouldn't have been complaining.

• edited November 2010
    Yeh the moaning was annoying, I told him to rebuy but he must of lost everything he had lol.

The point of calling 10 grand with pocket 5s, The choice of to fold or call would take abit more time than a snap call, because of the stakes over cards and higher pairs, I'd fold for 10grand tbh lol
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Opinions Please!:
    Yeh the moaning was annoying, I told him to rebuy but he must of lost everything he had lol. The point of calling 10 grand with pocket 5s, The choice of to fold or call would take abit more time than a snap call, because of the stakes over cards and higher pairs, I'd fold for 10grand tbh lol
    Posted by Tombmx
    I agree. The BB should move up to £50/£100 level.