You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Never played a Deepstack tourny but I think I love them

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

Prior to last nights Open I had never played in a depstack tourny as I often find them to slow and boring. How wrong was I.

Playing a long nicely with 271 runner (i think) I found myself with JJ. My opponent raised, I re-raised a lot to ask the question and he called. Board came low cards (264 I think) so I shoved putting him/her all in. He/she called only to show 33 (obv thinking I just have over cards). he binks another 3 on the turn and has his set and wins the hand.

Now normally the blind structure pretty much puts me out of the comp (only had 1400 chips left) but because it was a deepstack the blinds were only 30/60 which I knew would give me a chance to get back into the game. Normally the Starting Stack is 2000 so not a lot of chips to play with. 

Ended up finishing 52nd/271 but I still enjoyed my time and put my money (chips) in when I was good...

Long story cut short, I like Deepstack tournies...

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Get yourself in the 2.20
  • edited November 2010
    Deep stacks are great tournys as long as you have got the mind set to play them ,the times i see players saying "im bored with this game " well im sorry the clue is in the title DEEP .
                       I love playing d/s cant stand bingo poker ,so start joining in you will enjoy the game .Good luck with whatever game you play .
                                                        Regards Mick .