You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

one table v multi tabling

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
hi tikay can youy make a living on line playing one table at a time on cash tables or do you need to multi table can i have some thoughts on this question

Comments

• edited November 2010
    just a tip if you put FAO Tikay on the subject more likely he will read it, or alternatively you can post in ask tikay thread at the top of the page

regards
    John
  • edited November 2010
    Jonathan Duhamel made quite a good living just playing one table this month 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to one table v multi tabling:
    hi tikay can youy make a living on line playing one table at a time on cash tables or do you need to multi table can i have some thoughts on this question
    Posted by lurcha
    Yes Lurcha, you can.

However, 1-Tabling exposes you to greater variance, & the more Tables you play, the less that Variance will impact your results. Over, say, 6 Tables, it gives you chance to "regress to the mean". (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_toward_the_mean )

Against that, the more Tables we play simultaneously, the less optimally we play. Nobody could argue otherwise - we could not possibly play our best poker if we were, say, 50-tabling.

So the answer is what you are comfy with, really.

I've heard it argued that some players play better when they Multi-Table, as they concentrate harder. I'm not sure I buy that, though. If, hypothetically, I had every penny I possess on the Table, & my whole financial future depended upon getting out ahead, I know how many Tables I'd be on - one!   
  • edited November 2010
    entirely possible live poker.

to make a living one tabling online you will need to have fantastic game selection/very disciplined and also at a fairly high blind level.