You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good Ideas? They wouldn`t know one if it introduced itself to them.

edited November 2010 in The Football Corner

We are always asked for "Good Ideas". Sadly it looks like I am on the "Cop them a Deafy list" for the next six months (at least, imo).

I thought this was a good idea that I sent to Rich............Obviously not. First Scorer Scrabble for the win (or bin)

Hello Rich, I know I am banned, but here is a belting game for you to look at, which is a surefire winner and easy to run for you. All you need is the 10 premiership results and the first scorer along with a list of the letter values in Scrabble (which are below)

Basically the first letter of the surname of the first scorer would be used to gain points in the 10 games (example below) People just have to guess the total for the 10 games.

1 point  E A I O N R T L S U

2 points  D G

3 points B C M P

4 points F H V W Y

5 points K

8 points J X

10 points Q Z

Taking last weekends games, (first weekend in November) it would have went as follows........

Sat. Bolton-Spurs...Davies....2 points

Sat. Birmingham-WHam...Piquionne....3 points

Sat. Blackburn-Wigan...Pedersen....3 points

Sat. Blackpool-Everton...Eardley...1 point

Sat. Fulham-Villa...Albrighton....1 point

Sat. ManU-Wolves...Park...3 points

Sat. Sund-Stoke....Gyan...2 points

Sun. Arsenal-Newc...Carroll...3 points

Sun. WBA-City...Ballotelli...3 points

Sun. Lpool-Chelsea...Torres...1 point

you get the idea Rich....the winning total would have been 22 points, but there are loads of different possible scores every week because there are loads of potential first scorers!...and 0 points for games with no goalscorer.

Cheers

And I honestly do not mind if I am Ignored. Its not like I ever brought anything good to the forum.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Friday November 19th.........approx 1800 hours........

Nobody can read this, so I am just keeping like a wee online diary for my own amusement.

Uneventful day, leg still broken and in a full cast and Jeremy Kyle was plop this morning.
    Must remember to get new sick-note from doctor and get it handed in to work.

My full leg cast is really beginning to get me down, but on the bright side, at least I have managed not to pish on my foot yet today.

Giving the site a miss tonight cos I am even chat banned on the tables now. Don't seem much point of depositing again today.....just giving your cash away in silence is a waste of time.

The grand slam of darts is starting in a minute, so that will do for me.

Speak later and good evening to you.
  • edited November 2010

Saturday 20th November...........22:18 hours

Bored out of my tiits. That is all.