You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

? for winning players 40nl and above.....

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic

What percentage of your decisions in pots where you have VP money IP are instantaneous? 

Like if you were 1 tabling online, what %age of decisions would take 2/3 seconds for you to make?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    That's like impossible to answer.

I feel most pre-flop decisions take care of themselves but after that it is so varying.

If you were playing the same player constantly it would obv be higher but you are constantly trying to read different players/situations so not everything is instantaneous.

Hard to say.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re:? for winning players 40nl and above.....:
    That's like impossible to answer. I feel most pre-flop decisions take care of themselves but after that it is so varying. If you were playing the same player constantly it would obv be higher but you are constantly trying to read different players/situations so not everything is instantaneous. Hard to say.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    he asked for replys from winnin players ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re:? for winning players 40nl and above..... : he asked for replys from winnin players ;-)
    Posted by Eagle26
    Ooooooooooooft.

Point deducted for the low blow.
  • edited November 2010

cmon u must have some idea?

Lolufold on the show said "i have a solid read on some regs / alot of experience playing 6 max" Therefore alot of his decisions are automatic.......

BUT WHAT %AGE IS "ALOT" ?
  • edited November 2010
    what %age of decisions would take 2/3 seconds for you to make? >95% at 50nl, it could be more.  Depends on villan, if you have good reads on a reg your decisions should be decided b4 the flop (I raise CO get called by a reg who i have good reads on, in the BB.  I know what his calling range will/should be in that position.  So as soon as i see the flop i know wht to do)
    This may or may not be right but alot if not most decisions do just happen auotmaticly as you have made the same play 1000's of times.
  • edited November 2010
    what %age of decisions would take 2/3 seconds for you to make? />95% at 50nl, it could be more.  Depends on villan, if you have good reads on a reg your decisions should be decided b4 the flop (I raise CO get called by a reg who i have good reads on, in the BB.  I know what his calling range will/should be in that position.  So as soon as i see the flop i know wht to do) This may or may not be right but alot if not most decisions do just happen auotmaticly as you have made the same play 1000's of times.
    Posted by freechips1
    To be fair this is mostly true, not many times in a session where you are like ZOMG WHT DO I DO well not at 50nl anyway.
  • edited November 2010
     91.5%. the ones you have to really think about are stuff like...

picking the right point to rush to the toilet and making it back before you get booted from the table.
    picking the correct grinding snack.
    picking between music, podcasts or tv.
    deciding how long youre gonna wait before checking your balance.
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
     91.5%. the ones you have to really think about are stuff like... picking the right point to rush to the toilet and making it back before you get booted from the table. picking the correct grinding snack. picking between music, podcasts or tv. deciding how long youre gonna wait before checking your balance.
    Posted by offshoot

winnar of ze posting awards 2010..... :D