You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sit & Go's on Sky Poker?

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Does nobody play sit and go's on here? There never seems any players registering or actually playing in more than a few heads up tables.

Or am i missing something??

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Sit & Go's on Sky Poker?:
    Does nobody play sit and go's on here? There never seems any players registering or actually playing in more than a few heads up tables. Or am i missing something??
    Posted by DP1986
    Hi

Yup, I play DYM SNG,s :)
  • edited November 2010
    dyms are the most popular on here, there are dym games 24/7 usually.

You are right not many play standard sngs. I think it is due to the payout structure personally, which is very heavily weighted at the top end. (6 max)

The  10 seater games are fine payout wise and i wish more people would play them. We do have fun forum 10 seaters most evenings so please look out for them DP and join us.

• edited November 2010
    I agree with you Greg and have recommended a couple of times that Sky should look at introducing a 321 type of SNG. A twist on the DYM format ie 3x stake for winner, double your money for 2nd and money back for third I think this would be a very successful format for 6 max SNG's
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go's on Sky Poker?:
    dyms are the most popular on here, there are dym games 24/7 usually. You are right not many play standard sngs. I think it is due to the payout structure personally, which is very heavily weighted at the top end. (6 max) The  10 seater games are fine payout wise and i wish more people would play them. We do have fun forum 10 seaters most evenings so please look out for them DP and join us.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Hi Gregg....you have me baffled....I tend to play DYM sng's but I can't ever recall seeing anything but 6 seaters.
    I double checked a few minutes ago and all show 6 seaters..... I'm obviously looking in wrong place, plz can you point me in the right direction....thanx.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go's on Sky Poker? : Hi Gregg....you have me baffled....I tend to play DYM sng's but I can't ever recall seeing anything but 6 seaters. I double checked a few minutes ago and all show 6 seaters..... I'm obviously looking in wrong place, plz can you point me in the right direction....thanx.
    Posted by billyboots
    Hi Billy,

The Dym's are just 6 seater. As Greg says, these are very popular round the clock and fill up quickly. The ten seaters are standard STT's and there are also 6 max standard STT's, but waiting for a ten seater to fill unless it's advertised on the forum can literally take hours.

My game of choice is probably non-turbo sit n go's, but unfortunately there just isn't the traffic on here, probably because of the payout structure, as Greg says, so I tend to play more DYM's. This is a shame really because although low variance, DYM's are pretty dull, and you do tend to miss out on the competitive 3 way and HU action, and my HU play is pretty rubbish as a result.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Sit & Go's on Sky Poker?:
    Does nobody play sit and go's on here? There never seems any players registering or actually playing in more than a few heads up tables. Or am i missing something??
    Posted by DP1986
    DP1986 .. perhaps you have the filter at the top set onto "Heads Up" and hence that's all you are seeing.  Move it along to "all" and you should see heads up, 6 and 10 seaters and Omaha too.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go's on Sky Poker? : Hi Gregg....you have me baffled....I tend to play DYM sng's but I can't ever recall seeing anything but 6 seaters. I double checked a few minutes ago and all show 6 seaters..... I'm obviously looking in wrong place, plz can you point me in the right direction....thanx.
    Posted by billyboots

hi billboots
    but i think when greg is talking about 10 seater 2.20 tables that the forum members play of a night you will find them under all in sag. or usually there is a link posted in general chat.
    hope this is right greg
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go's on Sky Poker? : Hi Billy, The Dym's are just 6 seater. As Greg says, these are very popular round the clock and fill up quickly. The ten seaters are standard STT's and there are also 6 max standard STT's, but waiting for a ten seater to fill unless it's advertised on the forum can literally take hours. My game of choice is probably non-turbo sit n go's, but unfortunately there just isn't the traffic on here, probably because of the payout structure, as Greg says, so I tend to play more DYM's. This is a shame really because although low variance, DYM's are pretty dull, and you do tend to miss out on the competitive 3 way and HU action, and my HU play is pretty rubbish as a result.
    Posted by darich
    Hi Darich.....thanx for feedback...much appreciated.
    I will look out for these 10 seaters in future and look forward to meeting up with u and Gregg on a table one day..thanx again. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go's on Sky Poker? : hi billboots but i think when greg is talking about 10 seater 2.20 tables that the forum members play of a night you will find them under all in sag. or usually there is a link posted in general chat. hope this is right greg
    Posted by silver8ack
    Hi Silver8ack....thanx for your reply, as my prev post says I will endeavour to keep an eye out for them and hope to catch some of you on the tables...thanx again.

• edited November 2010
    I would like to see normal sit n goes revamped i enjoy playing them on other sites. I would very much like to play them on sky as I find them a very good way to build a bankroll......but do not fancy waiting allday for one game!
  • edited November 2010
    Dym are the most popular type of sit n go's played on this site, guess people like the format and there easy to play. I only play Turbocharged heads up now and don't have problem getting the games in a day, i play 2 at once as well. If you sit first you will definitely get action. Not many 'regs' at the sit n go's, so that's why not a lot of people will sit first, they'd rather join. Hope this helps.
  • edited November 2010
    We play the 10 seat sit and goes most nights, but for some reason they dont seem very popular at other times.

I'm not sure why as they are fun and top 3 get paid.
  • edited November 2010
    Bring back the 18 seater sit n gos please ;o)
  • edited November 2010
    Dym are the most popular type of sit n go's played on this site, guess people like the format and there easy to play. I only play Turbocharged heads up now and don't have problem getting the games in a day, i play 2 at once as well. If you sit first you will definitely get action. Not many 'regs' at the sit n go's, so that's why not a lot of people will sit first, they'd rather join. Hope this helps.
    Posted by gaza559
    That's coz u're a big fish ;)

Btw, if u can send me a pm with some names of the "regs" I'll retract the above statement, if u don't it's still true :p

5 searches per day just isn't enough !!!
  • edited November 2010

Let me know if u got my reply Gaza - maybe Im not allowed to send PM's either!!