You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

POOR SATELLITE STRUCTURE

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Just done a satellite for £1200 BH. Was out on level 3. Why because it became a shove fest. Ok so i lost a race nothing important with my exit hand. But after the third blind level nothing was happening but shoving.

Sorry but in my opinion this is a terrible structure and it needs looking at.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to POOR SATELLITE STRUCTURE:
    Just done a satellite for £1200 BH. Was out on level 3. Why because it became a shove fest. Ok so i lost a race nothing important with my exit hand. But after the third blind level nothing was happening but shoving. Sorry but in my opinion this is a terrible structure and it needs looking at.
    Posted by The_Don90
    ul Don,

The 5pm Semi Final on a Sunday is 10 min levels and is much better structured... Perhaps you should try this next week. Also there are sub sats into the semi final...

I agree that 5 min blinds is not great (10 would be better), but it is what it is, a chance to qualify for a £55 tourney quickly and cheaply. IMO most people dont want to grind away for 3-4 hours trying to bag a seat to a £55 tourney.
  • edited November 2010
    got to admit with 3mins blinds it`s daft, compared to 10mins blinds if you qualify.
  • edited November 2010

Gents,

The structure for Satellites is always shown in the Tourney Lobbies, & the range of structures is eclectic. 

It's always wise, therefore, to check the structure before you enter them, as not all structures suit all tastes.
  • edited November 2010
    After reading this, I decided to enter the next one :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: POOR SATELLITE STRUCTURE:
    Gents, The structure for Satellites is always shown in the Tourney Lobbies, & the range of structures is eclectic.  It's always wise, therefore, to check the structure before you enter them, as not all structures suit all tastes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    that`s why i never enter the 1200k sat for this
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to POOR SATELLITE STRUCTURE : ul Don, The 5pm Semi Final on a Sunday is 10 min levels and is much better structured... Perhaps you should try this next week. Also there are sub sats into the semi final... I agree that 5 min blinds is not great (10 would be better), but it is what it is, a chance to qualify for a £55 tourney quickly and cheaply. IMO most people dont want to grind away for 3-4 hours trying to bag a seat to a £55 tourney.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Greg it was the £11 entry £1200 Bounty Hunter i was trying to qualify for not the primo.

The Primo sats i have no problems with. This particular sat was 3 mins. Now i understand people want them over and done with asap but sorry Greg the play in these is poor enough without it being a luck fest. At this set up you might as well make it chip and a chair.

Also sky dont make it a chip and a chair.
  • edited November 2010

sorry i didnt read your op properly, assumed you were talking about the primo

fwiw, i think the 3 min blind structure is fine for a bh sat. jmo

• edited November 2010
    In Response to POOR SATELLITE STRUCTURE:
    Just done a satellite for £1200 BH. Was out on level 3. Why because it became a shove fest. Ok so i lost a race nothing important with my exit hand. But after the third blind level nothing was happening but shoving. Sorry but in my opinion this is a terrible structure and it needs looking at.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I would rather have a DYM quarter and Semi-Final to qualify for these comps
  • edited November 2010
    sorry i didnt read your op properly, assumed you were talking about the primo fwiw, i think the 3 min blind structure is fine for a bh sat. jmo
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    sorry gregg have to disagree here,  but most sats are 5mins blinds and the £1.200 b/h starts early enough to have 5mins blinds
  • edited November 2010
    Gents, The structure for Satellites is always shown in the Tourney Lobbies, & the range of structures is eclectic.  It's always wise, therefore, to check the structure before you enter them, as not all structures suit all tastes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tikay i have full respect for your point however, all sats for the Bounty hunter are the exact same. Therefore there is no choice.

I cant do primo sats on a sunday due to work commitments. These are sats which i think are ok.

However the Bounty Hunters are all 3 mins. This tournament starts late enough for 5 mins blinds.

In all honesty i think Satelite structures should match that or similar to the actually main event.

Sorry if you disagree. However as a low stakes player, the £2 sats are all i have to get into a decent tournament, and i dont feel that these structures actually reward the best play, and often let the "luckier" players in.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: POOR SATELLITE STRUCTURE : Tikay i have full respect for your point however, all sats for the Bounty hunter are the exact same. Therefore there is no choice. I cant do primo sats on a sunday due to work commitments. These are sats which i think are ok. However the Bounty Hunters are all 3 mins. This tournament starts late enough for 5 mins blinds. In all honesty i think Satelite structures should match that or similar to the actually main event. Sorry if you disagree. However as a low stakes player, the £2 sats are all i have to get into a decent tournament, and i dont feel that these structures actually reward the best play, and often let the "luckier" players in.
    Posted by The_Don90
    I don't disagree Don, nor, fwiw, do I agree - I have no view & was not commenting on the Structure.

I was trying to make the point that it's best to check the Structure of any Event before you enter it, not after you exit from it.

That is a wholly different subject to that of the structure being good or bad.
  • edited November 2010

Don, those raises were only 2400. not 24million!

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: POOR SATELLITE STRUCTURE : I don't disagree Don, nor, fwiw, do I agree - I have no view & was not commenting on the Structure. I was trying to make the point that it's best to check the Structure of any Event  before you enter it, not after you exit from it. That is a wholly different subject to that of the structure being good or bad.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks Tikay. Would you mind maybe showing this to the suits then? Maybe get it so everyones happy. Even if different satellite structures are shown at different times?
  • edited November 2010
    Well I qualified for it through a satellite with 3min blinds so I have no complaints ;)
  • edited November 2010
    I,ve started to play more satelites recently after qualifying early for the next SPT and my BR won,t alllow me to but directly in to most of the big MTT,s. 

I have tried the 1200 BH sateliotes  and agree that 3mins is to short (on other sites it would be called a super-turbo)

Having said that there are more satelites now to play in , like the TSP classic, primo  or the other big BH with slightly longer blind structures so i just play those instead and now occasionly buy directly in to the 1200BH 
  • edited November 2010
    I,ve started to play more satelites recently after qualifying early for the next SPT and my BR won,t alllow me to but directly in to most of the big MTT,s.  I have tried the 1200 BH sateliotes  and agree that 3mins is to short (on other sites it would be called a super-turbo) Having said that there are more satelites now to play in , like the TSP classic, primo  or the other big BH with slightly longer blind structures so i just play those instead and now occasionly buy directly in to the 1200BH 
    Posted by MP33
    I will be looking into the TSP Classic satelliites. However as i work a thursday the other Bounty Hunter isnt possible, and i may start trying to qualify to the primo during the week, again the sundays i work till 6 usually so again not ideal.

Although i have to admit it is a step in the correct direction.