You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chip and table balancing.

Ok something i knows come up alot on sky. But in an MTT please make sure that chips are balanced equal between tables.

I just had a deepie, i came 7th. No grudges.

8 people where left however. You had me and another player the two short stacks, i had 10-11 BB the other opponent had less.

However the other 2 players on the table where the chip leaders. This offers no real ability for me or my other opponent as the 2 chip leaders will call with any two.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    What?

Seat positions are randomly assigned. In MTTs the venue don't choose stacks to sit near each other or to make similar amounts on each table. 
  • edited November 2010

Told ya Don!

I've obv never played live, but wud have been amazed to learn they fix the table draws according to stack sizes.
  • edited November 2010
    I understand random table balancing and realise that when a seat becomes vacant  It will be filled . Obviously It will be pot luck as to whether the new player has a stack similar to the rest of the table or not. However, does anyone know why sometimes, a player with a similar stack to the rest of the table will suddenly disappear, only to be replaced Immediately by a player with a considerably larger stack than anyone else? Thanks (this Is not a gripe btw, just something I've always wanted to ask)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Chip and table balancing.:
    I understand random table balancing and realise that when a seat becomes vacant  It will be filled . Obviously It will be pot luck as to whether the new player has a stack similar to the rest of the table or not. However, does anyone know why sometimes, a player with a similar stack to the rest of the table will suddenly disappear, only to be replaced Immediately by a player with a considerably larger stack than anyone else? Thanks (this Is not a gripe btw, just something I've always wanted to ask)
    Posted by TiaDalma

Quite simply, you can have 6 at your table, then someone drops out on another table, the tables have to be balanced. You lose a player to this table balancing. Then soon enough one more player busts and they can remove a table and fill those that were still in on that table into the holes on the other tables like the one that is now vacant at your table.

In person this process all takes longer whilst online it can all happen so fast that you may think it looks weird. Their stack sizes will be totally random.
  • edited November 2010