You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP Classic

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

The Guarantee on the TSP Classic, which has been £2,000 since it was introduced, will be dropped to £1,500 tomorrow (Tuesday 23rd) & Wednesday 24th, as it clashes with big Champions League nights, featuring, respectively, Chelsea & Arsenal, and Man Utd & Spurs.

It will return to £2,000 Guaranteed on Thursday & Friday.

Comments

• edited November 2010

For those with an interest in the numbers, (& I'm indebted to a good friend for producing these numbers unofficially), the TSP Classic has had a £2,000 Guarantee since it begun.

The runners over the last 2 weeks have been as follows.....

W/C 8th November         W/C 15th November

Monday                 181                             179

Tuesday                210                             184

Wednesday           156                             155

Thursday               224                            200

Friday                   206                             190

TOTAL =                   977                                   908

AVE =                       195                                   181

• edited November 2010

It is not definite that it will remain at £2,000 from W/C 29th November (next week), but hopefully it will, as there are a few situations & circumstances going off this & next week which amount, in effect, to a following wind.
  • edited November 2010

I really like this tourney (even tho i have not won a race yet) but that's bye the bye.

Totally understand that the guarantee may have to be reduced with the current overlay situation, I just hope it continues to be supported and gets a few more runners so the current guarantee can remain.
  • edited November 2010

Can I therefore use my free entry (for the guess the baby's name comp) on this Thursday plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I think I will win the final hand heads up, just as Greame Swann spins one past Pontings outside edge and clips the off bail. 

Poker & Aussie bashing for the next 8 weeks :):):):):):):):):):):)

Thanx in advance.

P.S . nice to see sky responding to demand (or lack of) If only they were this quick to increase the guarantees in tournys which are regularly smashing their gtd Prize pools. 

Just a thought.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic:
    Can I therefore use my free entry (for the guess the baby's name comp) on this Thursday plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I think I will win the final hand heads up, just as Greame Swann spins one past Pontings outside edge and clips the off bail.  Poker & Aussie bashing for the next 8 weeks :):):):):):):):):):):) Thanx in advance. P.S . nice to see sky responding to demand (or lack of) If only they were this quick to increase the guarantees in tournys which are regularly smashing their gtd Prize pools.  Just a thought.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If you are referring to the Free TSP Classic Entry which ((I think) I awarded you yesterday on one of the Shows (my apologies, I don't recall clearly), please confirm that's the one, & I'll sort if for Thursday.

Thanks.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi TK,

Totally understandable.

Any news on getting this tournie running on the weekend?  Even tho like Fins I haven't yet won an 80/20 in this tournie, I'd still like to keep on playing it!

Also any news on getting a smaller BI tournie to be running around the same time as the Primo?

Cheers!
  • edited November 2010

Oh, no it was the thread to last week to guess the name of GOONER55's baby, or suggest a name at least.

I had to delay using it as I've been pretty ill last week and could only get an hour or so in when my symptoms eased off.

Apologies for the delay, and if it's expired then no probz.

I'm playing 50% for the little en, will send half of my winnings (when I come first ;) over to the proud Mummy and Daddy to buy the nipper a Donny Rovers shirt - hopefully this will motivate me to cash!!!

Thursday 25th wud be kool if u can sort it. 

Thanx.
  • edited November 2010
    I really like this tourney (even tho i have not won a race yet) but that's bye the bye. Totally understand that the guarantee may have to be reduced with the current overlay situation, I just hope it continues to be supported and gets a few more runners so the current guarantee can remain.
    Posted by FINS
    I'm pretty hopeful that the numbers in this will sustain the £2,000 Guarantee, only time will tell though.

I'll share some numbers with you actually. These are NOT official numbers, they were privately compiled, so I guess it's OK to share them, but please note, I am NOT wearing a Company hat here.

I found these utterly intriguing, to be honest.

Over the last ten renewals of the TSP classic, around 1,900 entries were made. (10 nights at an average of, say, 190).

Of those 1,900 entries, there were 1,153 "uniques" - that is to say, 1,153 different players were within that 1,900. Of those, look at this oddity......

807 played once
    182 played twice
    74 played three times

And at the other end of the scale, & perhaps far less surprisingly......

5 played nine times
    3 played ten times

I was astonished at that "played it once" number, which runs totally counter to what I had assumed.

I suppose you'd need to be a maths & psychology geek to be fascinated & bewildered by that. Guilty as charged.

DISCLAIMER - These are my own observations, not official stats.

• edited November 2010
    Oh, no it was the thread to last week to guess the name of GOONER55's baby, or suggest a name at least. I had to delay using it as I've been pretty ill last week and could only get an hour or so in when my symptoms eased off. Apologies for the delay, and if it's expired then no probz. I'm playing 50% for the little en, will send half of my winnings (when I come first ;) over to the proud Mummy and Daddy to buy the nipper a Donny Rovers shirt - hopefully this will motivate me to cash!!! Thursday 25th wud be kool if u can sort it.  Thanx.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Whoops, well I need to clarify then, as I'm not 100% sure if I awarded you an Entry during Saturday's recording of the "Poker School" - I really can't recall right now, but when the Show goes to air, we'll be reminded & can sort it then if appropriate. I've had a bit of a heavy few days one way & another, (some heavy business issues away from Sky Poker as well as on it) so excuse my confusion.

As to the "gooner55" Thread, yes, I remember it now - "gooner55" got to select the winner, & he selected you.

I'll sort you an Entry for this Thursday, & I hope you win the lot, so as to bless the little 'un.

Good luck.
  • edited November 2010
    [QUOTE]Hi TK, Totally understandable. Any news on getting this tournie running on the weekend?  Even tho like Fins I haven't yet won an 80/20 in this tournie, I'd still like to keep on playing it! Also any news on getting a smaller BI tournie to be running around the same time as the Primo? Cheers!
    Posted by scotty77

Hi Ryan,

I'm not going to commit to answering this on the Forum, as I get beaten with a great big stick when I "let out" these little things & they don't happen when expected, so you'll have to be patient, please.

For now, I sent the suggestions upstairs, & I was entirely satisfied with the response.

It's a sort of jigsaw puzzle with interlocking timelines, but I fancy that we will have the corners in place later this week. Always good to get the corners fited in a jigsaw puzzle, eh?*

* I bet half this Community have never done a jigsaw puzzle. As a kid, Jigsaw Puzzles were our "Big" Xmas Pressie. Now the kids get PacMan, Walkmans, & LP's. Kids, pfft.
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
  • edited November 2010
    My favourite tourny, great structure means hours of poker and a healthy prizepool for a very affordable buy-in!
  • edited November 2010
    whats an lp
    Posted by thorpey1
    An LP is a version of a Gramaphone Record, Thorpey, from which one can listen to music & stuff.

There are "Singles", & "EP"'s, (EP = "Extended Play") both of which are best played at 45rpm, & "LP"'s, (LP = Long Player) which is played at 33rpm. Prior to that, some records were played at 78rpm, in fact.

With the right equipment, you can stack 3 or 4 records - some call them "discs", as in "Disc Jockey", aka "DJ" - onto your record player at the same time, & they will automatically play, one after the other.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic : An LP is a version of a Gramaphone Record, Thorpey, from which one can listen to music & stuff. There are "Singles", & "EP"'s, (EP = "Extended Play") both of which are best played at 45rpm, & "LP"'s, (LP = Long Player) which is played at 33rpm. Prior to that, some records were played at 78rpm, in fact. With the right equipment, you can stack 3 or 4 records - some call them "discs", as in "Disc Jockey", aka "DJ" - onto your record player at the same time, & they will automatically play, one after the other.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Doesn't the needle jump when you go round corners?
  • edited November 2010
    i do like this tourney its just about in my price range and gives you a good few hours entertainment (well hopefully), also managed to cash a couple of times which always makes these things slightly more enjoyable.....how about some satelittes to help make the numbers up and therefore the guarantee????
  • edited November 2010
    i do like this tourney its just about in my price range and gives you a good few hours entertainment (well hopefully), also managed to cash a couple of times which always makes these things slightly more enjoyable.....how about some satelittes to help make the numbers up and therefore the guarantee????
    Posted by jesusdog22

There are six satellites to this every weekday. They cost £2.40, & are 1 in 5 affairs.

They are scheduled to run at......

I'm not sure if they actually run, though. Personally (& luckily, I don't get to decide) I'd remove 5 of the 6 to ensure the last remaining one ran, as that would consolidate the entries, but everyone would argue about the optimal time, so I guess it would never work.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic : There are six satellites to his every weekday. They cost £2.40, & are 1 in 5 affairs. They are scheduled to run at...... 17.20 17.50 18.20 18.50 19.20 19.50 I'm not sure if they actually run, though. Personally (& luckily, I don't get to decide) I'd remove 5 of the 6 to ensure the last remainng one ran, as that would consolidate the entries, but everyone would argue about the optimal time, so I guess it would never work.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thankyou for the information sir i have bought in directly before but took a bit of a hit lately so may have to sat into a couple, or should i say try to
  • edited November 2010
    im in to add some value.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic : An LP is a version of a Gramaphone Record, Thorpey, from which one can listen to music & stuff. There are "Singles", & "EP"'s, (EP = "Extended Play") both of which are best played at 45rpm, & "LP"'s, (LP = Long Player) which is played at 33rpm. Prior to that, some records were played at 78rpm, in fact. With the right equipment, you can stack 3 or 4 records - some call them "discs", as in "Disc Jockey", aka "DJ" - onto your record player at the same time, & they will automatically play, one after the other.
    Posted by Tikay10
    now hold on a minit tikay my good friend just because i have the letters DJ in the front of my name do's not mean i fancy sitting on your record player going round and round at 33rpm just so you can dance around the room all night mate lol lol lol
  • edited November 2010
    My favourite tourny, great structure means hours of poker and a healthy prizepool for a very affordable buy-in!
    Posted by christiann
    couldn't agree more! the only downside is the 10pm start, surely moving it to 9pm would attract more runners??
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: TSP Classic : couldn't agree more! the only downside is the 10pm start, surely moving it to 9pm would attract more runners??
    Posted by waller02

Waller .. this was asked before when the TSP was launched and apparently it "has to be" a 10:00pm start but I'm not sure if it was explained why.
  • edited November 2010
    Nice tournament but I deliberately run bad so I don't have to stay up too late.
  • edited November 2010
    I think it is a great tourny, but I am fortunate as I do not have to get up for work on the next day!
    I noticed some numbers earlier in thread, which indicated that some have played as much as 8 or 9 times since it started.  I must be sad as I have played 11 in the last 3 weeks, mind you I have had 1 win, 2 other cashes, and 3 others in top 40.   My guess is that I will play another 11 in the next 3 as well - I love it, great comeraderie.
    Any chance of the league starting, Tikay,  as mentioned on a different thread?
  • edited November 2010
    I think it is a great tourny, but I am fortunate as I do not have to get up for work on the next day! I noticed some numbers earlier in thread, which indicated that some have played as much as 8 or 9 times since it started.  I must be sad as I have played 11 in the last 3 weeks, mind you I have had 1 win, 2 other cashes, and 3 others in top 40.   My guess is that I will play another 11 in the next 3 as well - I love it, great comeraderie. Any chance of the league starting, Tikay,  as mentioned on a different thread?
    Posted by Dollie
    I remember that thread. A league would be a good idea, wasn't there enough interest???
  • edited November 2010
    i am very disapointed with sky for lowering the prize on this tourney because of a football match.
    your not going to tell me that sky cant not stand the loss. of an extra £500
    after all this tourney prize was set well befor the football game was set up.
    i think your wrong sky only to set a prize on a tourney when alot of players will be there to play it.

thats like only drawing the lotto only when there is 5 million tickets being sold what about all the rake you have already taken this month. and all the rebuys and all the othere sit fee's
  • edited November 2010
    tikay i demand this oppening post is modified to support us little blue noses above the border.

i best say, PLEASSSSSSSE