You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM BRM

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Over the past weeks I have been concentrating on DYM's trying to build a decent bank roll. Ive had good results in the £2.25 and £3.30's and have just moved to the £5.50's.

I have had 3 sessions at the £5.50's 4 tabling, the 1st session ended 7 buy ins up, 2nd 9 down, 3rd 2 down.

I have been moving up levels when my BR has been 100 buy ins, but haven't set my self a limit at which to drop back down as this hasn't been an issue up to yet.

I know DYM's should be pretty low varience, is an 11 buy in loss over 2 sessions when 4 tabling to much when moving up a level ?

How many buy in's would you usually allow before moving back down a level ?,

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to DYM BRM:
    Over the past weeks I have been concentrating on DYM's trying to build a decent bank roll. Ive had good results in the £2.25 and £3.30's and have just moved to the £5.50's. I have had 3 sessions at the £5.50's 4 tabling, the 1st session ended 7 buy ins up, 2nd 9 down, 3rd 2 down. I have been moving up levels when my BR has been 100 buy ins, but haven't set my self a limit at which to drop back down as this hasn't been an issue up to yet. I know DYM's should be pretty low varience, is an 11 buy in loss over 2 sessions when 4 tabling to much when moving up a level ? How many buy in's would you usually allow before moving back down a level ?,
    Posted by lMARKl
    To make a small profit you have to win 7 out of 10 average on your sessions.  I think 11 buy in loss answers your question.  I adopt a ladder up method in DYM's, initialy playing at a level i know i can beat, raking off a small profit and using the winnings to ladder up to the next level. If I beat that level, I do the same again and ladder up, until I reach a level where I break even or make a small loss.  Then I start at level 1 again.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to DYM BRM:
    I know DYM's should be pretty low varience, is an 11 buy in loss over 2 sessions when 4 tabling to much when moving up a level ?
    Posted by lMARKl

this is sososososoosososososo wrong. the best players at high levls of DYM have a ROI of ~4%

http://img259.imageshack.us/i/garph.jpg/

this is a graph of a guy playing solely DYM's in October, obv as he was playing soo many tables for so long his winrate will decrease and thus be more swongy, but still its insane