You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

brag post

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
I won my first mtt this afternoon since last year!! I know it was only a £2 b/h and only 54 runners but i played well (apart from a really bad push trying to nick the bounty) and its put a smile back on my face, made me feel like i can atually play some good poker and given me a lot more confidence.
This isn't a one off either as i finshed 6th in the "take on Tikay" last night.
If i can get through the satelite into the ME you may not want to be on my table!!? :)

Comments

• edited November 2010

Well done Major! nice result Sir. Now get some more wins under your belt while you are in good form!
  • edited November 2010
    nice one major, hope your run continues keep up the good work
  • edited November 2010
    Congratulations Major
  • edited November 2010
    Very well done
  • edited November 2010
    Congrats.....   It's a great feeling.  If memory recalls....Sigh   ;o)
  • edited November 2010
    Nice one major, taking down an MTT and owning all the other players chips has got to be the best feeling in poker.
  • edited November 2010
    Well done Major excellent result.

I think I won one on Sky ,once upon a time, too......... or am I hallucinating again?????
  • edited November 2010

Nice one Major Major.

Hope your heater lasts a goodly while yet. I saw you go deep in last night's TOTTY, & I hope you repeat it again when you next play.

Please give my regards to Milo, too. How much are his 2cent eggs to buy right now? (Imported from Egypt, if I'm not mistaken).
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks everyone, as an update, i won another b/h mtt (60 runners i think) then i came 14th tonight in the £1200 b/h but just missed out on cashing in the tsp so i think not a bad day.
    I was a little silly in both of the latter tournies as i hit my top pair and overplayed them both to overpairs which prevented me from finishing higher, but we live and learn.
    My b/r has increased and i think i might just leave it in for now as im running well.
    P.S., i think im just about up in my cash games too 2p/4p. so all is well with the world :)

tk, i hope you read my reply on "where is,,,?" post as a bit of fun
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: brag post:
    Thanks everyone, as an update, i won another b/h mtt (60 runners i think) then i came 14th tonight in the £1200 b/h but just missed out on cashing in the tsp so i think not a bad day. I was a little silly in both of the latter tournies as i hit my top pair and overplayed them both to overpairs which prevented me from finishing higher, but we live and learn. My b/r has increased and i think i might just leave it in for now as im running well. P.S., i think im just about up in my cash games too 2p/4p. so all is well with the world :) tk, i hope you read my reply on "where is,,,?" post as a bit of fun
    Posted by major1962

note above down &

congrats on your turn around .
  • edited November 2010
    I was going to post a new thread but it all relates to same.
    After having a good run, i thought id play a little cash,, this went well for a while but then "did me nut"
    I reverted back to the b/h's which seems to be a tourny im good at but my form went down terribly and lost  what id won previously.
    In went another tenner onto my account played a £5.75 b/h and came 4th out of about 140.
    I went onto final table 2/3rd in chips,, doubled up against chip leader to lead, then had a bad run.
    QQ v A 10 was a roller coaster, i hit my set (all in) he hit his str8 on the turn, i hit my boat on the river to be second in chips. My next hand (or the one after) was AA, chip leader raises i reraise, he pushes i call.
    He has QQ and hits his set. Im out in 4th.
    I was dissapointed as that would have given me the chip lead but thats poker as they say and i was very happy with how i played.
    I probably played the best i have done EVER, i folded at the right time, i raised well, i bluffed at the right time and i saw others bluffs for what they were and called in important spots. OK i did play a couple of hands which were maybe mistakes but if i was to say i played a near perfect game i dont think i would be far from the truth.
    If any presenter sees this post or anyone in the know can access the hands, i would love to know if i played as well as i think i did!? 
    Unfortunately it wasnt  televised, as i really think i would have received a thumbs up from TK, rich etc.
    There,, thats the end of my update to my brag post,, and im really hoping now i can learn from how i played tonight and take it to other games over the weekend.