You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ever had one of those nights??

edited November 2010 in Area 51
unbelievable night!
people calling 5,6,7 or 20bb pe raises with junk and hitting. the river was killing me. got out after 2 buy ins gone.
me folding suited connectors or near connectors to such 20-30bb raises and flopping straight flushes or nut flushes/straights if I'd stayed in.
sometimes i guess the fish have their day and eat the bait.

I'll be searching for them again.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    almost every other night :)
  • edited November 2010
    lol
    just happened again
    on bb checked round to me with 97
    flop 599
    betting starts on flop when i 1/2 pot it and get 2 callers
    again 1/2 pot on blank turn
    raise on river and shove - they had A9!!!!
    3 buy ins down tonight - nice run!
  • edited November 2010
    I know it wouldn't make a difference in the above hand ^^^^^^ but you really wanna be betting closer to the full pot on every street at those levels. 

Theres some very rare examples where it's ok to slow play, when u have quads or something, but even then, u need to go to value town.

Just get used to hitting the pot button every time u wanna bet, and accept that sometimes, you're gonna flop the nuts and everyone will fold. Doesn't matter how slow u play a hand, if he's got nothing, he's not calling. So u might as well try and cash in on the times he does have something!(and he doesn't need much!!)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: ever had one of those nights??:
    I know it wouldn't make a difference in the above hand ^^^^^^ but you really wanna be betting closer to the full pot on every street at those levels.  Theres some very rare examples where it's ok to slow play, when u have quads or something, but even then, u need to go to value town. Just get used to hitting the pot button every time u wanna bet, and accept that sometimes, you're gonna flop the nuts and everyone will fold. Doesn't matter how slow u play a hand, if he's got nothing, he's not calling. So u might as well try and cash in on the times he does have something!(and he doesn't need much!!)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    cheers mate

You know, I think I blame Sky for this.
    I was going OK until the "essential maintenance"!!
    It's a fix I tell you!
    LOL
  • edited November 2010
    And again
    Flopped a set and they flopped a straight
    you can guess the rest!

I think I'll have to self exclude myself on cash until next week before I tilt too much.