You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sad to announce the death of my driving lessons as we know them......

edited December 2010 in The Shed
Well hello again
here is sit a feww hundred quid worse of than i was when i started my original post re: driving lessons...
BUT I can drive now, I can reverse park even and I can do it ok too ( for a woman!!!!  ok ok i said it for you this time!!! LOL)

Anyways, the lessons have stopped now, BUT NOT cos I passed any test, BUT cos my instructor was not allowing me to go in for my test,....

Ok so i know he is the pro here, but i also am aware of the rules of business!!!!  Get my drift?????

So I am still looking to do my theory before Christmas and my practical in January if possible....

I was under the impression I cud stop booking lessons at any time, and as i was "owed hours that were held for pre test lesson" that I would be able to still use the 2 hrs aswell as the car....but seems that I CANT, cos I am no longer paying £hundreds each month for block bookings, seems im not " good enough" to drive the car????
This was the dude who told me I was ready, a good driver and advancing very well...... 

Now please stop me if im wrong here, BUT was i washed with BS just to keep buying lessons????

Anyways Back to drawing bored now
I am on the lookout for a driving instructor that will do a lesson to see what level i am at, aswell as be HONEST and tell me how long i need before I go in for my practical....

is there such a thing out there? An assesment that can be done with NO comitment needing to be made for lessons...

HELP PLEEEAAASSSEEE

THANKS guys and Gals

Smiler

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: sad to announce the death of my driving lessons as we know them......:
     Hi,   so sad you have had to stop at this point in your driving lessons.  All I can say is,  you don't gain your ability for driving skill over night or lose it over night, so if your not happy with your currant driving Instructor then you are right to change him.   You are only as good as the person teaching you and if he or she is not giving you the tuition you need then find someone that will.  What does Hubby say. ?   
    Posted by logdon
    Hubby is taking me out as much as possible, and he is not to happy with the situation of instructor and time he owes me etc.....
    BUT i wont quit, i will pass this test and most important I will be a safe driver....

Im to stubborn to quit   lol

I am just about to pop out to Uni now, so i will post more later this eve....

Have a great Day

Debbie :)
  • edited November 2010
    I felt at times that my instructor was taking the pee - but I stuck with him and can now understand why he did what he did. He was the calmest guy I've ever met in my life, but there was definitely method in his calmness!!!

U should have gotten your theory out of the way a long time ago, get it done asap.

GL.
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Smiler, the only driving instructor I know on this site is Martoni0.  Don't know if he could advise u on this. 

Seems to me that your driving instructor has been milking you on the flop and turn, and wants u bust by the river.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: sad to announce the death of my driving lessons as we know them......:
    I felt at times that my instructor was taking the pee - but I stuck with him and can now understand why he did what he did. He was the calmest guy I've ever met in my life, but there was definitely method in his calmness!!! U should have gotten your theory out of the way a long time ago, get it done asap. GL.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    He must have had the patience of a saint
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: sad to announce the death of my driving lessons as we know them...... : He must have had the patience of a saint
    Posted by 67Bhoys
      LOL
  • edited November 2010
    I felt at times that my instructor was taking the pee - but I stuck with him and can now understand why he did what he did. He was the calmest guy I've ever met in my life, but there was definitely method in his calmness!!! U should have gotten your theory out of the way a long time ago, get it done asap. GL.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Trust me when I say " it is not through the lack of trying"
    I asked over and over about the theory and he put it of, over n over... but ive passed many times on various DSA discs aswell as on GOV.com websites
    BUT still he said, wait a while.....so maybe milking the cash from us for sure.

Never mind, i have learnt my lesson, all be it the hard way, I am now going it alone, and awaiting a date for a one of lesson to see what level he/she thinks im at, and awaiting date for theory.....

All this aswell as TRYING to get through my final year at uni..... glutten for punishment me ya know hahaha

Cheers for the GL wishes.....

Ill let ya know how it all goes
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Smiler, the only driving instructor I know on this site is Martoni0.  Don't know if he could advise u on this.  Seems to me that your driving instructor has been milking you on the flop and turn, and wants u bust by the river.
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    I think so too, but ive learnt now i guess......  

I always see good in folk, i think thats why i gave him the benefot of the doubt when he said, your ready for test, then retracted the statement, then reimposed it again...... kinda cruel head game, dont ya think?

Anyways as i said to Dohh I will keep on keeping on and use this as a learning curve, and aim to pass asap, as long as i am a safe driver and i dont pass to quick just cos im to keen, ill be fine..... safety 1st and foremost!!!

Thank you for your addition to this post

Have a great weekend, ( well its NEARLY here anyways) :)
  • edited November 2010
    why would he be milking you. Are you the last person in the world who needs to learn how to drive?

I bet that if you took your driving test tomorrow you would fail. the driving tests pick up on everything and fail for a whole host of reasons.

He is probably telling you you are a good driver and nearly ready to maintain your confidence while driving, but secretly he can see flaws and is making sure that when you do take the test you will pass.
  • edited November 2010

I don't half take some stick on this forum!!!

I reckon this 1 off assessment lesson will be great preparation, it's as close to a mock test as you're gonna get (if u have a shocker it could probably cost u alot of money in extra lessons - as well as meeting a new instructor, so u will deffo feel some nerves.)

U don't need ur instructors permission to book a theory test?????

Unless it's all changed???????
  • edited November 2010
    This PC DVD-ROM is good for the theory test got in thru no probs , worth looking up

DRIVING TEST SUCCESS  ALL TESTS new edition 09/10

Has every Q+A they can ask  and hazzard perception tests aswell think you get it for about a tennerish

BEST OF LUCK KEEP IN THERE
  • edited December 2010
    why would he be milking you. Are you the last person in the world who needs to learn how to drive? I bet that if you took your driving test tomorrow you would fail. the driving tests pick up on everything and fail for a whole host of reasons. He is probably telling you you are a good driver and nearly ready to maintain your confidence while driving, but secretly he can see flaws and is making sure that when you do take the test you will pass.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    MILKING ANYONE in that type of business is one of the MAIN ways to make cash, OK I agree to some level on the " failing test AND even on the confidence yarn.....BUT to pull back and then state it woud be to my beb=nefit if i was to continue at 2x a week at 34 quid a session.....68 a week is a bit much EVEN in your book ...surely?

BUT ok, say it was JUST to keep my confidence up, is that not a risky tactic? especially when it backfires.... and the learner sees they are no closer to going in for test date etc, they start to think that ALL positives said to them were a total croc.....

I do have flaws, as do all drivers I assume, BUT I also know when i see "issues in making cash"
    MANY tuitin schools out there have many loops in their "fool proof" system that allows them to keep back £10-£25 from every driver and say its for the time to drive prior to test, state that its for 1 or 2 hrs prior to test, BUT a SMALL % of learner drivers actually take this time before there test, and SOME schools even include the time it takes to get to the test centre! ( FACT from driving instructor!!)

So, as far as your comments go, ok i see your point BUT I also see the clear point that others make and in MY opinon, I was being MILKED! and NO I was NOT the last person in the world that needed to drive BUT I was one of the few customers of this person at this time of year.....  his own admission, Clients were scarce, so he could fit me in up to 3x a week if needed but he recomended 2x so i didnt get bored wth it or put of!!!
    ANOTHER point is, if his client list  was short for the winter months what better whay to give him a stable income, and pay his bills, buy his beer and pay for his turkey this xmas ...... yep  thats right   MILK the learner drivers as much as POSSIBLE!!!!

BUT remember

IN MY OPINION ONLY!!!!

Have a good weekend
    Kind regards

Debbie
  • edited December 2010
    I don't half take some stick on this forum!!! I reckon this 1 off assessment lesson will be great preparation, it's as close to a mock test as you're gonna get (if u have a shocker it could probably cost u alot of money in extra lessons - as well as meeting a new instructor, so u will deffo feel some nerves.) U don't need ur instructors permission to book a theory test????? Unless it's all changed???????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    your right  I KNOW THAT NOW,BUT INSTRUCTOR LED ME TO BELEIVE DIFFERNT :)