You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Building a Bankroll??

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
Hey guys, just a brief one really, I have been playong poker on and off for about 2 years now, i have made a slight profit and now i am looking to play slightly more serious. I am going to deposit £500. From here i am going to try and build a decent sized bankroll, I am just looking for advice on how to do this and the games you recommend, also i am looking to get a bit of an idea as to how you guys have built a roll, so i am asking these questions that i would be gratefull if you could answer:

1. How much was your initial Deposit?
2. What games did you start off playing?
3. What does your bankroll stand at now?

Thanks very much for your input and help, very much appreciated

Michael

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Wont be answering the questions BUT with a deposit of £500 i think you should play cash at 15p/30p and play decent tournys with the profit you make even if it is only playing sats to get into them,gl
  • edited November 2010

On sky? 

1- £30, 12 months ago to play one of the live tournys I saw on TV that cost £22. I put the other £8 on an enhanced odds accumulator on sky bet, which paid like £50 I think.

2- With the £50 I two tabled 20nl.

3 - lots :)

(plz note this wasn't the only 30 quid I had for poker! lol, although I haven't had to add to it, and barring a 15k down-swing, I never will :)
  • edited November 2010
    I deposited a fiver on sky to play a 4 quid deepy, I final tabled for £70, then played loads of 2p/4p and some 5p/10p.  I started playing a lot more on Sky than other sites I was playing, so transferred a few hundred I had built up elsewhere onto Sky.
    I always played within my br,..... well nearly always.  I lost my br in March due to drunken tilt, so started again from £50 which was owed to me from cfp bonus.  I went back to multitabling 2p/4p and never looked back.  I have probs made about £5k since then, withdrawing bits when I need it.  I keep between 1.5 - 2k in my acc and play between 15p/30p and 50p/£1

gl
  • edited November 2010
    mine tends to swing about all over the place as I like to bet on the Gee Gees as well !

Plus the occasional bash at roulette, that can be dangerous, but can also be quickly profitable !

good idea would be for sky to add a section where you can ringfence your "poker " bank roll from other cash.

just a thought

Pucpound