You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Weekend footy betting (27th/28th)

edited November 2010 in The Football Corner
Right then my shiny happy betting peeps

No picks up here just yet, far too early for any of those shenanigans but having taken a small break I'll be back here tomorrow night to give out my tips. Hopefully the tide will turn & we'll find a winner or two & if not, well it really doesn't matter because it's Christmas anyway :)

Comments

• edited November 2010
    If you pick a winning acca m8 then I will suck my own knob.

anyone following you to a level stake would be doing their brains lol.

You are a good lad Jay but your Footy-Tips are useless.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Weekend footy betting (27th/28th):
    Right then my shiny happy betting peeps No picks up here just yet, far too early for any of those shenanigans but having taken a small break I'll be back here tomorrow night to give out my tips. Hopefully the tide will turn & we'll find a winner or two & if not, well it really doesn't matter because it's Christmas anyway :)
    Posted by silentbob
    Good to have you back mate, looking forward to your selections.
  • edited November 2010
    welcome back bob,lets hope the break has brought you some luck.
  • edited November 2010

A treble to make tonight a bit more interesting:

1. Port Vale v Acc. Stanley Port Vale @ 4/6
    2. Crawley Town v Swindon Crawley Town @ 13/8
    3. Swansea v Portsmouth Swansea @ 8/11

Pays 13/2

Good luck to anyone having a bet.

• edited November 2010
    Thanks for the welcome back guys.

It's a tricky weekend what with the cup games & the possibility (probability?) of games being called off left, right & centre due to the snow but I've gone for 2 bets to begin with.

Main Acca:

Bolton to beat Blackpool (H) @ 8/15
    Everton to beat West Brom (H) @ 4/7
    Sheff Weds to beat Northampton (H) @ 4/9
    Southampton to beat Cheltenham (H) @ 1/3

These 4 are paying a decent 18/5

Bolton have really surprised me & pretty much everyone else outside of Bolton this season. Here we are, 14 games into the season & Bolton are 5th in the league! Only 6 points off top spot!!!! As much as I hate them I have to admit that Coyle has got it spot on there this season & they've become a real tough nut to crack. They come into this game on the back of a 4 game unbeaten run & will be confident in seeing off their neighbours. They've won 3 of those 4 & have scored 13 goals in the process. Blackpool certainly won't make it easy for them cos they fight & scrap for everything but they also concede an average of nearly 2 goals per game & at the meccano (sorry, Reebok) stadium that just leads to one conclusion.
    Everton come into this game with only one defeat in their last 9 league games & historically they hold the upper hand in this fixture too. Everton did the double over them when the baggies were last in this division & they should see them off again here. West Brom come into this game on a bad run of form. They've picked up just one point from their last 5 league games (unsurprisingly against us at Upton Park) & have conceded 10 goals during that run too.
    Cup games are always tricky to pick but Wednesday should be in the draw come Sunday. They've won their last 5 in all competitions scoring 18 goals in the process & have been pretty strong at home so far. League 2 strugglers Northampton have been the giant killers in the league cup this year but they're generally poor on the road & their last victory in any competition came at non league Forest Green in the last round.
    Another cup pick to finish things off & Southampton have picked up nicely under the guidance of Nigel Adkins. They've only one defeat in their last 7 in all competitions & picked up a good point against league leaders Brighton in midweek. Cheltenham are ticking along OK in league 2 & come into this game on the back of some decent form themselves with only 1 defeat in their last 7 in all competitions but they're not too good on the road. So far in the league they've lost 4 & drawn 2 on their travels but more tellingly they've conceded 19 goals. Only the bottom 3 in league 2 have a worse defensive record then Cheltenham on the road.

Super Long Shot Acca:

Villa/Arsenal - DRAW @ 23/10
    Man City to beat Stoke (A) @ 23/20
    West Ham to beat Wigan (H) @ evens
    Barnsley to beat Watford (H) @ 13/10
    Doncaster to beat Palace (A) @ 13/8
    Bournemouth to beat Notts Co (A) @ 7/4

These 6 potentially return a massive 235/1 so only small stakes here.

All of these games are very close calls but some of these prices are simply too big to ignore imo.

Arsenal seem to be having a little wobble of late & Villa are tough to beat at home. The last 2 meetings between these 2 at Villa Park have ended in draws (0-0 & 2-2) & this price makes it worth taking a shot.
    On paper Man City really should come away with the points here but both sides are in good form (Stoke have won their last 3 & City are unbeaten in 4) & Stoke are very tough at the Britannia. City are yet to win at Stoke in the 2 years since The Potters returned to the top flight but this price is massive for a team that contains so much talent & if super king Carlos is on form then it's even more difficult to ignore.
    Only a West Ham fan would be stupid enough to actually put money on them to win at the moment but for some unknown reason I just have a good feeling about this game. Wigan have Rodallega suspended for this game after his red card at Old Trafford last week (along with Alcararaz) & all told, both teams are in just as bad form as each other. West Ham have the upper hand in this fixture having won 3 of the last 4 meetings home & away whilst it's been 4 years since Wigan last won at Upton Park.
    The bookies are seriously underestimating Barnsley here & at this price they're probably even worth a few quid as a single bet. They've only lost twice at Oakwell all season & come into this game on the back of 3 straight wins. In contrast Watford have been in a bit of a free fall for a while now. They've picked up just 2 points from their last 6 games & have lost their last 4 on the road.
    Donny are plodding along nicely so far & are just outside of the play off spots solely on goal difference. They're unbeaten in their last 4 & in their last 2 on the road they've won at Portsmouth & got a point at Burnley. Palace are currently 2nd bottom & have lost 4 of their last 6. Donny have the upper hand in this fixture & have won 2 & drawn 1 of their last 3 meetings including a 0-3 win at Selhurst last season. Being away from home there is more of a risk but again, this price is too big to ignore.
    Bournemouth are going great in league 1 & despite being one of the pre season relegation favourites they currently sit in 3rd place. In contrast Notts Co, who also came up to this division with them last year, currently find themselves in the last relegation spot. Bournemouth are certainly in better form of the two with only 1 defeat in their last 8 league games whereas County have only won 2 & lost 6 of their last 8. Granted, this meeting is a cup tie but again, the price is too big to ignore.

I may well have another one or two bets tomorrow once I know what games have survived the weather.

Good luck if you're having a go 

Jay

• edited November 2010
    In-form Kilmarnock are huuuuuge at 5/6 to beat an ailing Aberdeen team at home.
  • edited November 2010
    Bury to win 4-2 Lowe to score first 195/1 :)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (27th/28th):
    Bury to win 4-2 Lowe to score first 195/1 :)
    Posted by Donut64
    If it's there, I'll give you the money myself  ;)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (27th/28th):
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (27th/28th) : If it's there, I'll give you the money myself  ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Well it finished 4-2 in my dreams the other night! But Peter Crouch scored the first goal for us but as we have not signed Crouch yet I decided to plump for Lowe.
    Ps we play Newcastle in the next round!
  • edited November 2010
    With a few minutes left Jack Wilshire has killed off my big long shot but the odds suggested that would be the case anyway.

Not as many games called off as I expected so I've managed to find one more for this afternoon:

Goals Acca:

Bolton/Blackpool - Over 2.5 goals @ 1/2
    Barnsley/Watford - Over 2.5 goals @ 8/11
    Celtic/Inverness - Over 2.5 goals @ 1/2
    Reading/Leeds - Both to score @ 4/5
    Palace/Donny - Both to score @ 8/11
    Bury/Peterboro - Both to score @ 1/2
    Burton/Chesterfield - Both to score @ 4/6
    Hereford/Lincoln - Both to score @ 8/11

This little lot pays a tasty 51/1 so I've had a couple of quid on it.
  • edited November 2010

Sheff Wed
    Southampton
    Udders'field.

3 home FA CUP bankers.

Bolton
    Bristol City
    Middlesboro - AGAIN

20/1 for the lot.

• edited November 2010
    Not exactly going to plan at the moment BUT.........................

There's at least some time to go yet
  • edited November 2010
    That didn't go too well

Never mind though, I won a tenner on a scratch card earlier, West Ham finally won a game & there's always the roll over lottery tonight :)