You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HELP! Satellite play versus Tourney play.

I can quite easily advance through satellites yet when it comes to the main event i never seem to do so well.
how should my play change when i am through to the main event? i would say my style is quite aggresive but not too crazy.
i have won through to the 15k bounty hunter and the 15k primo recently but both times found my stack dwindling from out of position raises and re-raises.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i am aiming to qualify for the 15k bounty again so hopefully i can put it into practice.

Thanks

Comments

• edited August 2009
    In Response to HELP! Satellite play versus Tourney play.:
    I can quite easily advance through satellites yet when it comes to the main event i never seem to do so well. how should my play change when i am through to the main event? i would say my style is quite aggresive but not too crazy. i have won through to the 15k bounty hunter and the 15k primo recently but both times found my stack dwindling from out of position raises and re-raises. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i am aiming to qualify for the 15k bounty again so hopefully i can put it into practice. Thanks
    Posted by HORRORSHOW
    Hi
    There is answer in your question.
    if your stack is dwindling due to OUT OF POSITION raises and re-raises, then start by cutting them out to some degree. Unless you have premium cards out of position.
    Don't take this as advice to totally change your game just add a bit or restraint.

Hope this might help
    col