You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU lets me down yet again!!!

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

I have never won a tourny but had numerous seconds. please please please can somebody give me some advice on how to improve playing heads up as I am fed up of getting close only to fall at final hurdle!!! I write this after another second place blow out.

1tsonly1yf2240001£75.60 + £57.16 Head Prizes + 40 League Points11
waller0202£43.96 + £14.76 Head Prizes + 36 League Points5
How do you win HU??????

Comments

• edited November 2010
    It is entirely opponent dependant, cant really give one specific answer that will work against different people's styles. All i can say is be more aggresive, make sure your the one raising and not bleeding chips by calling all the time. Position is also crucial, play more pots when your in position, its a lot easier. Hope this helps.
  • edited November 2010
    play some HU sit and goes, helped improve my HU game and they have them ranging from micro to high stakes aswell. gl.
  • edited November 2010
    Don't call, raise it up, your likely to be ahead with so many more cards HU, get your chips in and put the pressure on your opponent.
    Youl be surprised how many bets get through, its important to take the blinds at this stage, just dont get blinded down.
    Be prepared to push with hands like A2, hands that normally youd bin, if your nicking the blinds often your opponent will get frustrated and call with filth. Aggression is the key for me though :)