You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

card dead

edited November 2010 in The Poker Clinic
what can you do card   when your card dead

Comments

• edited November 2010
    depends what players are on your table.

look at the players and see if you can find a tight player to raise against, as when you win pots without a showdown it doesn't matter what cards you have.  If they are all good aggressive players though and not going to allow you any easy spots then you have to resort to using your tight image to steal the occaisional pot and hopefully you can get a big hand eventually, the odds are if you survive long enough you will get one.

I have some sympathy for you though as yesterday I was card dead for ages and had lolufold on my left raising virtually every hand leaving me with nothing to do without cards. It wasn't very nice.
  • edited November 2010
    Soduku helps pass the time ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Nothing. There is a fatalistic aspect to poker everyone must obey. EVERY TIME you cross the line and push your bad luck you get punished and regret it. Discipline ftw :)
    Instead of thinking ' I'm card dead, poor me ' maybe think, ' Other people are getting better cards, I AM THE WISE ONE MUWAHAHAHAHA '. I will not be broken by circumstance, I am in control !
    I dunno man, this is a question of perspective maybe ?
    What do you think ?