You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** TSP Classic League ***

edited December 2010 in Poker Chat
Following popular demand, it has been decided to create a league table for people playing in the TSP Classic Tournament.
The tournament is played every weekday night (Monday to Friday) at 10pm.

The league will take place between Monday 29/11/2010 and Friday 24/12/2010.
That means there will be 20 events in which you may enter.
Your best 8 scores will count towards your finishing position in the league. Obviously, the more events in which you play the easier it is for you to discard bad scores.

Your score in each event will be your finishing position.
The more astute amongst you will therefore realise that it is relatively easier to score good points when the fields are smaller.

There is no need to register for this competition - anyone who plays at least 8 of the 20 TSP Classic tournaments will automatically qualify for the league.

There will be prizes for each of the highest three finishing places in the league so it's a chance to win a nice Christmas present.
Tikay will announce the prizes later.

Since the members of TSP and some Sky Poker presenters/analysts also play this event, the league table will also give you a chance to measure yourself against them over an extended period of games - plenty of bragging rights to be had there.

I will post an update to the league table following the completion of each event.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    lol i think i'll be in trouble!!! can only play 8 events then its off to rigs for 3 weeks :(

home on thurday 30th hopefully so will manage the monthly biggy.

oh well, better take my donkhat off for 8 nights!!!! Shame:(
  • edited November 2010
    Ahhh hope BT sort out my internet for Monday, never move house!
  • edited November 2010
    Great idea Vince and well played for organising it.

I will play as many as I can- I just hope I manage 8 to make it on to the leaderboard!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League ***:
    Great idea Vince and well played for organising it. I will play as many as I can- I just hope I manage 800 to make it on to the leaderboard!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    dont be so harsh on yourself Rich, Im sure you will top the table, I have complete faith in my poker mentor!!!!
    Unlike the master has with his protege :(
  • edited November 2010

Great idea Vince and well played for organising it. I will play as many as I can- I just hope I manage 8 to make it on to the leaderboard!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    It's the old guy's idea. You know, that grumpy bloke off the telly.

I'm sure that you will come top of the analysts/presenters, at least.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League *** : dont be so harsh on yourself Rich, Im sure you will top the table, I have complete faith in my poker mentor!!!! Unlike the master has with his protege :(
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Would that be your Guru ;)))))))))
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League *** : It's the old guy's idea. You know, that grumpy bloke off the telly. I'm sure that you will come top of the analysts/presenters, at least.
    Posted by MereNovice
    +100000000000000000
  • edited November 2010
    rich as the guru?????? ahhhhh so it was rich on the forum earlier slating tikay lol
  • edited November 2010
    Great idea this. I will definitely try and play at least 8 of these to qualify!
  • edited November 2010
    Great idea this. I will definitely try and play at least 8 of these to qualify!
    Posted by darich
    Best of luck.
  • edited November 2010
    As advertised on last night's Mastercash show, the winner will get a seat at the SPT leg of their choice.
  • edited November 2010
    its a great idea but it would be better if it started at 21.00 and i think it would attract a lot bigger fields =more money and more competion imo.del
  • edited November 2010
    Well volunteered (??) Vince.  I am up for it, sure I will manage 8.  Trouble is I have probably had my best 8 finishes already.
  • edited November 2010
    Well volunteered (??) Vince.  I am up for it, sure I will manage 8.  Trouble is I have probably had my best 8 finishes already.
    Posted by Dollie
    Thanks!

If there had been a league on the same basis for the last three weeks, you would have come a VERY close third.

I have every confidence in you continuing to ride high.

In fact, since I will be maintaining the table, for a small consideration I can guarantee it.    ;-)))
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League *** : Thanks! If there had been a league on the same basis for the last three weeks, you would have come a VERY close third. I have every confidence in you continuing to ride high. In fact, since I will be maintaining the table, for a small consideration I can guarantee it.    ;-)))
    Posted by MereNovice
    I know the RNG is backed by a certificate but is the RTG?
  • edited November 2010
    The Random Table Generator is working just fine.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League *** : Thanks! If there had been a league on the same basis for the last three weeks, you would have come a VERY close third. I have every confidence in you continuing to ride high. In fact, since I will be maintaining the table, for a small consideration I can guarantee it.    ;-)))
    Posted by MereNovice

Out of interest Vince, can you post this table for perusal?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League *** : I know the RNG is backed by a certificate but is the RTG?
    Posted by Machka
    I hope the RTG isn't being manipulised*?

* Word (C) Copyright 2010 Area 51 post.
  • edited November 2010
    may i just ask is there a link to this league table or is it going to be kept by another player and results posted by that player
  • edited November 2010
    I will maintain the league table and post updates to it after each event - probably on this thread.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League *** : Out of interest Vince, can you post this table for perusal?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The top three would have been:
    Name Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri   Score Entries
    goodylad21 128 20 155 34 11 133 136 2 88 21 74 45 138 177 45   31.5 15
    haddock214     29 132     125 43 39   4 4 1 28 115   32.88 10
    Dollie 162 7 34 1   20 66 68 161   65 40 62 37     33.25 12
    As you can see, it would have been very tense.
  • edited November 2010
    I will maintain the league table and post updates to it after each event - probably on this thread.
    Posted by MereNovice
    t/y for the info novice and the quick reply
  • edited November 2010

Morning all. I'm afraid I am late on parade here, I'm blown away by work & some other issues right now, so my apologies.

I'll deal with a few matters related to this right now, though, in the next few Posts......
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: *** TSP Classic League *** : t/y for the info novice and the quick reply
    Posted by xDJSIGNx
    You're very welcome.
    If anyone has any queries, I will do my best to answer them on this thread.
  • edited November 2010

The Prizes?

1st Prize - Seat to an SPT Leg of the winners choice. (NOT the Grand Final!).

2nd Prize - Entry to a £55 PRIMO.

3rd Prize - Entry to all four TOTTY's - that is Monday (£2.20), Tuesday (£11), Wednesday (£5.50), & Friday (£5.50 Rebuy).
  • edited November 2010

This Forum League is NOT an "official" Sky Poker competition, & Sky Poker have nothing to do with running it, & are not responsible for it.

I wanted to do it for "for fun" (yes, I'm an oddbod), & MereNovice (another oddbod....) agreed to help me, primarily, by sharing the Admin load, & by preparing & publishing, every weekday, the updated Spreadsheet.

He also agreed to help me with the workload, & Threads.

Without Mere's help, I simply could not run this.

I offered MereNovice some recompense, by way of a small fee, or a few Tourney entries (at my own cost) but he declined, & said he would just like to help. 

I asked Sky Poker to donate the Prizes, & they readily agreed. That is their only involvement.

If there are any queries or disputes, ONLY myself or MereNovice can resolve them - there is no recourse to Sky Poker.

Given that both of us are doing this for fun, so to speak, I'd ask that no unreasonable grief or criticism is aimed Mere's way over the admin or management of the League. Send it my way if there is any, but I'd prefer that it was played in the intended spirit.

The League starts this evening, & runs for 20 consecutive weeknights. Only your EIGHT BEST RESULTS count.

Mere will publish an up to date Spreadsheet after each event.

To help justify the cost to the company (the Prizes) I will be widely spamming this League elsewhere, via other Forums, Twitter, & Facebook, & on Channel 865, hoping we can attract some players new to the Site. The more the merrier, as far as I am concerned.

Mere will not, I suspect, be able to publish the FULL results each night, due to the sheer number of "uniques" who play the TSP Classic. Based on performance so far, over a 4 week period, we would expect over 2,000 "uniques" to play this, & that's far too bulky a list to publish daily. I have no idea where he will draw the line, but I suspect he will publish top 50 or 100. But that's his department, & his call.

All the Team Sky Poker crew will be included, of course, though I doubt many of them will have time to play more than 8 Events. But I hope a few do, & I'll drop them a note making them aware of the League. It'd be quite interesting to see how they fare! Can you do better than them, over an extended period?

Finally, big thanks to Mere for his immense help in setting up & helping run this League. Incredibly, we have exchanged 20 or 30 e-Mails already in setting this up.

Good luck all, & please remember, it's really all about fun, & chirping & bragging rights.

Bring on the rubs......

• edited November 2010

News in from Sky Bet.

They were offering 50/1 any Welsh players winning this.

However, they withdrew the offer after it became clear that Welsh players are at a severe disadvantage, in that those on this Site can't play poker vary well. You ever watched Daibooty play? Sheer com.

Plopper is disqualified already, though we heve yet to decide why.

We have one winner already - Dollie. He wins the over 80's award, & "Oldest Bloke" Award.
  • edited November 2010
    News in from Sky Bet. They were offering 50/1 any Welsh players winning this. However, they withdrew the offer after it became clear that Welsh players are at a severe disadvantage, in that those on this Site can't play poker vary well. You ever watched Daibooty play? Sheer com. Plopper is disqualified already, though we heve yet to decide why. We have one winner already - Dollie. He wins the over 80's award, & "Oldest Bloke" Award.
    Posted by Tikay10
    LOLOLOL
    Did they withdraw it and put 5000/1 in its place?! For me only that is, and that's if I'm heads up!
    I reckon it was that recent outage for upgrades.
    Since then I've not won at all.
    Who put in the "welsh player" bias in the software, eh?eh?
  • edited November 2010
    Thanks for running this Tikay and Vince, I can see some big fields in the TSP classic games for the next few weeks.
  • edited November 2010
    Excellent stuff.  Mere do you ahve my results for the past couple of weeks?  Woul;dn't mind seeing them as I wanna know how bad I really am if it isn't too much trouble:)