You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
My month,

Deposited £30 at the start of the month.

My plan was to only play £3 dyms. Did for a while. Was winning 80% of them. So upped it.

Won a few £10 dyms. Then got a wee treble in on the football. BR = £130ish.

Played MTTs. Won one. Up to £250+.

Sat in on nl100 tables. Bank roll up to £ 300.

Got real drunk. Turned the £300 into £60 and then back up to £400 in the same night. God loves a drunk.

Next night on here I was, again, drunk, and sat at a £300 table. Doubled up on 5th hand after I went all-in with an open ended against a surprisingly loose call with AJ that had hit two AAs on flop. I hit. £800 up for the month. I withdrew £400 for x-mas. Happy days.

£400 left to grind my way up from the 10/20 tables you would think, as did I. And I was determined. I wasn't crushing the tables but I was certainly beating them. Wholly determined to beat them and use my br to grind my way up.

But then came tonight. My drunken narcissism got the better of me. I couldn't get near the 10/20 table but got on the 25/50 table. Played ok and made small profit. Pffft.

So moved to the 300 table. Played very well for a long time but then tried my first uber-bluff and my AK high hit nothing bluff ran into a set of 44s. Ouch.

Tilt methinks. Minced the rest and another £100 (thankfully my limit).

Horrible, horrible feeling.

I'm actually up £200 for the month but feel like my teeth have been kicked down my throat.

Am I an idiot?

Comments

• edited November 2010
    I love playing drunk...

Sometimes it works..sometimes it doesn't but always it's fun...

if playing drunk is not fun win or lose then don't play drunk....simples ;o)

p.s. next time you feel like donking off...give me a shout, we'll do it to-gev-er

x

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the sword, die by the sword.:
    yep
    Posted by pryce6
    lol

If there's one thing I appreciate it's the truth.

Thanks Pryce.

I actually knew it anyway.

Jesus.
  • edited November 2010
    I love playing drunk... Sometimes it works..sometimes it doesn't but always it's fun... if playing drunk is not fun win or lose then don't play drunk....simples ;o) p.s. next time you feel like donking off...give me a shout, we'll do it to-gev-er x
    Posted by TRIP5
    Always fun Irene, always fun. I'd rather do this than live most dullards life any day.

I never feel like donking off. I rarely realise I'm at the stage to try and bluff huge hands. Bed 15 minutes earlier and I'd have beaten the 300 guys. Guess that's why they're there and I'm here. My wee man's wanting the new call of duty one if you're feeling charitable btw Irene. I can't even afford to eat ;-)
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the sword, die by the sword. : Always fun Irene, always fun. I'd rather do this than live most dullards life any day. I never feel like donking off. I rarely realise I'm at the stage to try and bluff huge hands. Bed 15 minutes earlier and I'd have beaten the 300 guys. Guess that's why they're there and I'm here. My wee man's wanting the new call of duty one if you're feeling charitable btw Irene. I can't even afford to eat ;-)
    Posted by bandini
    Winning in 1 session does not mean you have "Beaten them" You need to be a LOT more patient with moving up stakes and use much better BRM. Carry on the way you are and you will have a decent win, go too high, get ruined by maybe a bad beat and then think WOW I really can beat these guys and you will become a serial depositer.. NOT GOOD!! If your beating the lower stakes work your way up slowly
  • edited November 2010

Flash Flush should turn professional a.s.a.p.

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Live by the sword, die by the sword. : Winning in 1 session does not mean you have "Beaten them" You need to be a LOT more patient with moving up stakes and use much better BRM. Carry on the way you are and you will have a decent win, go too high, get ruined by maybe a bad beat and then think WOW I really can beat these guys and you will become a serial depositer.. NOT GOOD!! If your beating the lower stakes work your way up slowly
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Yeah, I worded it wrong. I would have been up I meant.

And the sober me agrees with everything you say. The drunk me....
  • edited November 2010
      Flash Flush should turn professional a.s.a.p.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    He would but he's got 184 children to feed...