You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The 'Rank', in tournament lobbys?

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat
As admitted before, i am easily confused, but can someone give me a definitive answer to a couple of questions please....

right , i can see when rank is clicked in  the lobby, the player list divided into two groups, then arranged alphabetically, it seems the highest ranked players scroll down from the top, maybe am wrong!!

Q1,  what is the dividing line between the two groups is it profitabilty or maybe form?

Q2,  Who does & where is this info drawn from?

Q3, Just when i thought i had it sussed, why are certain top players in the seemingly bott group!! [Lolu etc]

THANK YOU

CONFUSED from Fulham

Comments

• edited November 2010
    In Response to The 'Rank', in tournament lobbys?:
    As admitted before, i am easily confused, but can someone give me a definitive answer to a couple of questions please.... right , i can see when rank is clicked in  the lobby, the player list divided into two groups, then arranged alphabetically, it seems the highest ranked players scroll down from the top, maybe am wrong!! Q1,  what is the dividing line between the two groups is it profitabilty or maybe form? Q2,  Who does & where is this info drawn from? Q3, Just when i thought i had it sussed, why are certain top players in the seemingly bott group!! [Lolu etc] THANK YOU CONFUSED from Fulham
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    rank is :
     arranging players still in tournament alphabetically.

the other divide group are the players that were knocked out of tournament ,
    these players are not put in alphabetical order ,
    just stacked in an order as they get knocked out .
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The 'Rank', in tournament lobbys?:
    In Response to The 'Rank', in tournament lobbys? : rank is :  arranging players still in tournament alphabetically. the other divide group are the players that were knocked out of tournament , these players are not put in alphabetical order , just stacked in an order as they get knocked out .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    ok, understand that, but, prior to tourney starting u get divided into 2 groups!!

I also understand when your out, you are listed in order of exit, & players left are in chip order, which you can reverse if u click chips, but if you click rank you are defo sub-divided into 2 groups!! go on try it!!
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The 'Rank', in tournament lobbys? : ok, understand that, but, prior to tourney starting u get divided into 2 groups!! I also understand when your out, you are listed in order of exit, & players left are in chip order, which you can reverse if u click chips, but if you click rank you are defo sub-divided into 2 groups!! go on try it!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Ah, I see what you mean.

I think it's ordering by player name.  Numbers first, Upper case 2nd, lower case 3rd.

Look at the SPT Semi now, ordered by Rank...

numbers
    Upper case
    Lower case

2tonetaz2000  Allo_Allo2000  CIA2608952000  Calabsun2000  CoxyLboro2000  DARGEA2000  DUBAIMAN2000  Dragonfli2000  FOLEYBOY12000  JDOAK2000  JIMMBOB2000  JRY2000  Jolew2000  MAXALLY2000  Machka2000  NUTTY_TART2000  RiverRobbo2000  Sky_Rudolf2000  Sky_Santa2000  TIMELOR42000  TheGeek2000  Wahboom2000  Yorkie742000  bromley042000  chriggy2000  curlarge2000  deekster2000  enjoy2472000  hazzer2000  kikikolt22000  kristinn2000  mondonewc2000  paddocks2000  supa-muzz2000
  • edited November 2010
    arrrr Machka, always the voice of reason!!

Upper case , lower case of course!!

I been picking on the 'lower cases' in DYM for months now LOLOLOL

I wonder if any other upper cases been lookin down their noses at the lower cases like me!!

I been gettin the rite hump when 'lower case donks' [like lolufold lol] keep re-raising me, dont they know to show me some 'upper case' respect!!!!

In fact I like it the way [i thought] it was, will just carry on as before!!

Might even change mi name to AAAAARON, or 111111AAaaron even better!!

no wonder mi family call me 'Simple Jack' ....DDEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    People who have names in complete upper case should be excluded from the site imo.  In fact they should be excluded from life.
  • edited November 2010
    People who have names in complete upper case should be excluded from the site imo.  In fact they should be excluded from life.
    Posted by SoLack

+1

(Maxally)    :))
  • edited November 2010
    Posted by SoLack
    What about those crazy mixed up kids, who have a mix of UpPer & LoWer CaSes....!!!!!
  • edited November 2010
    arrrr Machka, always the voice of reason!! Upper case , lower case of course!! I been picking on the 'lower cases' in DYM for months now LOLOLOL I wonder if any other upper cases been lookin down their noses at the lower cases like me!! I been gettin the rite hump when 'lower case donks' [like lolufold lol] keep re-raising me, dont they know to show me some 'upper case' respect!!!! In fact I like it the way [i thought] it was, will just carry on as before!! Might even change mi name to AAAAARON, or 111111AAaaron even better!! no wonder mi family call me 'Simple Jack' ....DDEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    That made me actually LOL.  If you think in ASCII like me it all makes sense.
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: The 'Rank', in tournament lobbys? : That made me actually LOL.  If you think in ASCII like me it all makes sense.
    Posted by Machka
    ASCII  ??????

Bet that's some, "American Silly Code, Is'nt It" ,or summat or other, secret code for 'Nerdspeak' lol