You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Looking at prize-pools - why aren't you doing it?

edited November 2010 in Poker Chat

I'm probably pee-ing into the wind here, but I got half an hour to kill before the cricket starts.

Just scanning the lobby for the tournys that are running, to see if I recognise anyone who's gone deep. It's quite amazing to be how many runners were entering each tourny, compared to the guaranteed prize pool.

A few examples.......

£11 - £500 Bounty Hunter, "163 runners" - £1,630 in the prize pool - why is this gtd PP not increased to 1.5k?

£5 - £100 Deepstack, - "60 runners" - £300 in the prize pool - Why is this gtd PP not increased to £250??

£11 - 1.2k gtd Bounty hunter - "257 runners" - £2,570 in the prize pool - Why is this gtd PP not increased to 2.5k?

£11 - £150 gtd Bounty Hunter - "44 runners" - £440 in the prize pool - Why is this not increased to £400 gtd?

Im amazed that the people running the site are blatantly ignoring this. 

It's been proved in the past that increasing gtd prize pools increases the number of runners. It's a fact, and if it doesn't? - Change them back.

People are asking for new/better tournys. There wouldn't be "as big" a demand for new ones, if you simply improved the ones you have.

I hope this doesn't get ignored.

COME ON ENGLAND !!!!

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Doesn't this just show that people don't really care about the guarantee and are just interested in playing well priced, well structured tournaments, on their own merits?
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Looking at prize-pools - why aren't you doing it?:
    Doesn't this just show that people don't really care about the guarantee and are just interested in playing well priced, well structured tournaments, on their own merits?
    Posted by Machka

The people who don't care, will play anyway. It's not the people who are already playing that I'm trying to attract to the game. 

The aim is to attract people who wouldn't already play.

There's always room for improvement. 

Big prize pools are attractive - they stand out - people notice them. I went on for weeks and weeks about the 3pm tourny which used to be £100 gtd, and got 30 runners.

They moved it to £200 gtd, and today it got 80 runners.  (can u make it 300 gtd now plz? ;)

Just try it, for a week, and the proof will be in the results. Trust moi ;)

• edited November 2010
    I don't understand the relevance whatsoever of the guarantee when it's being surpassed anyway?! Enlighten me!
  • edited November 2010

If tonights primo was £500 guaranteed, do you still think 351 people would have entered it?
  • edited November 2010
    totally agree.  sky need to do more with these 'side' events.  however the numbers are inflated on a Sunday as a 55BI is out of reach to so many.  Sky need to start a normal £11BI tournie with a 2kGTD at 8pm, as I mentioned 3/4 weeks ago.

• edited November 2010
    Is the cricket on yet? ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Is there any reason why they can't just inflate them on a Sunday then?

If they can reduce the TSP gtd for 2 specific days easily then increase it just as easily afterwards, surely someone in the office can do it on a Sunday morning?

• edited November 2010
    In Response to Re: Looking at prize-pools - why aren't you doing it?:
    Is there any reason why they can't just inflate them on a Sunday then? If they can reduce the TSP gtd for 2 specific days easily then increase it just as easily afterwards, surely someone in the office can do it on a Sunday morning?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    With respect JJ, I don't think people at sky are sitting twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do. 
  • edited November 2010
    In Response to Looking at prize-pools - why aren't you doing it?:
    I'm probably pee-ing into the wind here, but I got half an hour to kill before the cricket starts. Just scanning the lobby for the tournys that are running, to see if I recognise anyone who's gone deep. It's quite amazing to be how many runners were entering each tourny, compared to the guaranteed prize pool. A few examples....... £11 - £500 Bounty Hunter, "163 runners" - £1,630 in the prize pool - why is this gtd PP not increased to 1.5k? £5 - £100 Deepstack, - "60 runners" - £300 in the prize pool - Why is this gtd PP not increased to £250?? £11 - 1.2k gtd Bounty hunter - "257 runners" - £2,570 in the prize pool - Why is this gtd PP not increased to 2.5k? £11 - £150 gtd Bounty Hunter - "44 runners" - £440 in the prize pool - Why is this not increased to £400 gtd? Im amazed that the people running the site are blatantly ignoring this.  It's been proved in the past that increasing gtd prize pools increases the number of runners. It's a fact, and if it doesn't? - Change them back. People are asking for new/better tournys. There wouldn't be "as big" a demand for new ones, if you simply improved the ones you have. I hope this doesn't get ignored. COME ON ENGLAND !!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Its better for Sky - gets them more runners ( more pound notes) 

Same on other sites tho
  • edited November 2010

If they haven't got time to sort the tournys out, they need to higher more staff.

If they're not prepared to do that, they might as well all go home.

Hopefully this thread will make a difference though, gonna bump it every day till it gets a reply - My last one was sent to the office 3 weeks ago, and heard nothing back. sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • edited November 2010
    Hi Dohhh,

We've been preparing to increase guarantees across the tournament schedule for the last week due to good performance, last night's performed particularly well as you have pointed out which we were aware of.

The download client has gone live this morning and a number of guarantees have gone up with its release. More changes will be happening to the tournament schedule regularly in the coming days and weeks.

I'll get today's changes posted a little later

Regards

Adam
  • edited November 2010
    Yeah totally agree jj son! not bad in the cricket i watched first birs, then woke up 5 watched for bit longer. draws not a bad result in the end
  • edited November 2010
    a couple of posts have been deleted from this thread. Although we don't mind other online poker companies being mentioned, to name an exact tournament and detail the exact date and structure, cuts it a little fine.

Cheers guys.
  • edited November 2010
    OP is right, increasing the guarantees will increase participation. I do feel that there are a few issues with the software etc which would also have a more significant impact on entries but that is for a different thread..